Will Anahuac lose a district game ?

21 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Correct.

Not knocking the young man, but when I watched him play vs. Newton, I was impressed with him as being a freshman, but not once did I think he could be a top 10 National QB.

Like you said, he's not even top 10 QB in the state for class of 2026.

Serious question. In 5th or 6th week of 2022 football season.  These kids are freshman.   Who ranks them and how Accurate is that?  Who says they are top 10 QB in the state for class of 2026?    Do they start watching them in 7th and 8th grade and rank them? Or based on first 5 games of their freshmen year?  

1 hour ago, forREALtho said:

Serious question. In 5th or 6th week of 2022 football season.  These kids are freshman.   Who ranks them and how Accurate is that?  Who says they are top 10 QB in the state for class of 2026?    Do they start watching them in 7th and 8th grade and rank them? Or based on first 5 games of their freshmen year?  

Good question.

Most are ranked off camps that the players have attended.

On 9/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, JimAdler said:

It's my belief that the kid will be top 10 in the nation by his senior year

Tap the brakes, my guy.  I watched a couple of Anahuac games on their stream and I like the kid.  He's a player for sure.  But top 10 in the nation?  I don't believe you're considering the enormous multitude of schools across this nation that will produce the hundreds upon hundreds of collegiate level quarterbacks over the next however many years.  Just look at the state of Texas.  Again.. I like him.  But.. are you not considering Lake Travis, Westlake, Allen, Martin, and the multitude of other 6A schools that will have quarterbacks that focus solely on being a quarterback and the countless other hidden gem quarterbacks across all classifications in THIS STATE ALONE?

Do I believe he'll take snaps at the next level?  Sure?  As long as the work ethic remains and he avoids  injury.  Top 10 nationally, though?  You're legitimately talking future NFL quarterback with that statement and there's no way I'll be convinced of that just yet.  Someone mentioned 1,000 yards.. where does that rank him in 3A?

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Tap the brakes, my guy.  I watched a couple of Anahuac games on their stream and I like the kid.  He's a player for sure.  But top 10 in the nation?  I don't believe you're considering the enormous multitude of schools across this nation that will produce the hundreds upon hundreds of collegiate level quarterbacks over the next however many years.  Just look at the state of Texas.  Again.. I like him.  But.. are you not considering Lake Travis, Westlake, Allen, Martin, and the multitude of other 6A schools that will have quarterbacks that focus solely on being a quarterback and the countless other hidden gem quarterbacks across all classifications in THIS STATE ALONE?

Do I believe he'll take snaps at the next level?  Sure?  As long as the work ethic remains and he avoids  injury.  Top 10 nationally, though?  You're legitimately talking future NFL quarterback with that statement and there's no way I'll be convinced of that just yet.  Someone mentioned 1,000 yards.. where does that rank him in 3A?

People might need to tap the brakes on Anahuac having 4 straight deep playoff runs under him as well.  If the kid lives up to anything near the expectations of many on here he'll be gone from Anahuac after next year.  His dad left Hardin to give him a better chance at success at Anahuac already.  Notice he found a landing spot that's close to Houston? You think he won't bolt Anahuac when his kid's a junior to get him two seasons as a starter at a good 6A school, as well as a large pay raise for himself?  He'll be gone next year if the right opportunity presents itself.  

6 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

People might need to tap the brakes on Anahuac having 4 straight deep playoff runs under him as well.  If the kid lives up to anything near the expectations of many on here he'll be gone from Anahuac after next year.  His dad left Hardin to give him a better chance at success at Anahuac already.  Notice he found a landing spot that's close to Houston? You think he won't bolt Anahuac when his kid's a junior to get him two seasons as a starter at a good 6A school, as well as a large pay raise for himself?  He'll be gone next year if the right opportunity presents itself.  

No doubt.. a little further west down I10 and they'll be in Katy.  According to maxpreps.com,  Katy's current qb is 6'5.  How does the Barrier kid match up (size wise) to a typical big time quarterback?  It's takes more than passing for 1000 yards halfway through the season at a 3A school.  Just sayin...

5 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

No doubt.. a little further west down I10 and they'll be in Katy.  According to maxpreps.com,  Katy's current qb is 6'5.  How does the Barrier kid match up (size wise) to a typical big time quarterback?  It's takes more than passing for 1000 yards halfway through the season at a 3A school.  Just sayin...

Didn’t know 6’5” made u a big time QB. And what grade is Katy QB in ?  And are y’all telling me he can’t start at all these big schools y’all are throwing out there?  I mean camps in Jr High decide who gets recruited at QB.  4 years from now. Come on. 

20 minutes ago, forREALtho said:

Didn’t know 6’5” made u a big time QB. And what grade is Katy QB in ?  And are y’all telling me he can’t start at all these big schools y’all are throwing out there?  I mean camps in Jr High decide who gets recruited at QB.  4 years from now. Come on. 

Did I say that 6'5 made you a big time QB?  I most certainly did not.. I implied that most big time quarterbacks fit a certain mold.. including height. I used 6'5 because that's the size of Katy's current quarterback... Katy being the closest elite high school program to Anahuac.  Unless he goes to Northshore... whichever. 

What's the size of these guys?.. they seem pretty good sized to me:

This is the hidden content, please

18 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Eh, this isn't even close to true. Dad didn't bolt Hardin to give QB better chance at success only, but also the chance to have an excellent high school football experience, as well as a chance to win. Brady would've had success at Hardin had they stayed, but he would've always been limited in his ability to make a real run at BIG success. Brady can do well at Anahuac and get all the exposure he wants on the summer camp circuit. It is much more important to his parents that he get an education and get to experience life as a well adjusted kid, rather than bounce from high school to high school for exposure. Only way he ever leaves Anahuac is if Coach Dad gets an opportunity as a AD/HC somewhere in the next 4 years, and I honestly don't think he would do that to Brady. Panthers got this one for the long haul. Now, rather than overanalyze a 15 year old country kid's future, lets just enjoy watching him develop and lead a pretty good Panther squad through the rest of the season! 

18 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Well, if he goes to a Katy or somthing like it thats a whole, whole different world to live in. The young man might excell in 3A, but may not even get playing time in a Katy. If his dad the coach is level headed and objective, he will understand this. 

As for the logistics, Anahuac and Hardin are almost the exact same distance from Houston, so I don't see anything to read into that.

Just an outside observation, thats all.        

13 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Now, rather than overanalyze a 15 year old country kid's future, lets just enjoy watching him develop and lead a pretty good Panther squad through the rest of the season! 

Excellent. Cheer the kid on and all should let the pie in the sky expecations fade. Thats the fair thing to do for him. Good luck Anahuac. You have my support! 

32 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Well, if he goes to a Katy or somthing like it thats a whole, whole different world to live in. The young man might excell in 3A, but may not even get playing time in a Katy. If his dad the coach is level headed and objective, he will understand this. 

As for the logistics, Anahuac and Hardin are almost the exact same distance from Houston, so I don't see anything to read into that.

Just an outside observation, thats all.        

If people are talking about him being a top-10 qb in the country, or even just the state, by the time he's a senior, he should be starting basically anywhere he goes.  And I understand that Anahuac and Hardin are around the same distance from Houston.  But I'm willing to bet there are several area schools that are much farther from houston that would've happily made a spot for the coach on their staff in larger classifications and with higher profile programs.

47 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Eh, this isn't even close to true. Dad didn't bolt Hardin to give QB better chance at success only, but also the chance to have an excellent high school football experience, as well as a chance to win. Brady would've had success at Hardin had they stayed, but he would've always been limited in his ability to make a real run at BIG success. Brady can do well at Anahuac and get all the exposure he wants on the summer camp circuit. It is much more important to his parents that he get an education and get to experience life as a well adjusted kid, rather than bounce from high school to high school for exposure. Only way he ever leaves Anahuac is if Coach Dad gets an opportunity as a AD/HC somewhere in the next 4 years, and I honestly don't think he would do that to Brady. Panthers got this one for the long haul. Now, rather than overanalyze a 15 year old country kid's future, lets just enjoy watching him develop and lead a pretty good Panther squad through the rest of the season! 

I agree Anahuac is an upgrade, but I still think to a degree when it comes to HS football, he'll still be somewhat limited in his ability to make a real run at BIG success there.  That said, you're talking like you know the family well, and if so you obviously have more insight than me.  Also, if Brady continues with the meteoric rise that so many on here are predicting, the odds of his dad getting an AD offer from a quality 5A/6A program in the next three years is approximately 100%.  When you talk about "doing something to Brady", the kid might be more than willing to go play bigtime high school football at a winning 6A program if given the opportunity.

14 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I agree Anahuac is an upgrade, but I still think to a degree when it comes to HS football, he'll still be somewhat limited in his ability to make a real run at BIG success there.  That said, you're talking like you know the family well, and if so you obviously have more insight than me.  Also, if Brady continues with the meteoric rise that so many on here are predicting, the odds of his dad getting an AD offer from a quality 5A/6A program in the next three years is approximately 100%.  When you talk about "doing something to Brady", the kid might be more than willing to go play bigtime high school football at a winning 6A program if given the opportunity.

You could be right on all of the above, who knows. I don't know the family as well as my posts might suggest, I just know what I've been told and know their reputation around the area. Good small town folks. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

You could be right on all of the above, who knows. I don't know the family as well as my posts might suggest, I just know what I've been told and know their reputation around the area. Good small town folks. 

This is why I don't think Brady will play anywhere else besides Anahuac for the next 3 years.  He's a country boy and has no desire to live in a big city atmosphere.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, bullets13 said:

I mean this nicely but I don't think anyone in the forum should post unfounded speculation about players bouncing out of one program to another. This does not help the Anahuac team, or the HC, or the Dad who is on the staff, or especially the very young player. Everyone needs to leave the young man alone and just let him play for his team, the Anahuac Panthers. No need to stir up unfounded rumors.       

Now this is a thread that should be locked. Its unfair to all concerned.   

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

I mean this nicely but I don't think anyone in the forum should post unfounded speculation about players bouncing out of one program to another. This does not help the Anahuac team, or the HC, or the Dad who is on the staff, or especially the very young player. Everyone needs to leave the young man alone and just let him play for his team, the Anahuac Panthers. No need to stir up unfounded rumors.       

Now this is a thread that should be locked. Its unfair to all concerned.   

I say this nicely as well: I would argue that speculation on a player and coach’s future where nothing but good things are being said about them is a far cry from the threads criticizing players and coaches that many don’t seem to think should be locked.  But as far as I know there’s not a rule talking about a player’s future.  

I think to be fair, people are saying he has the potential of beings top tier QB within the years to come, not at this very moment. His ceiling is high. 

Im a local obviously. The throws he makes, the accuracy, the pure arm strength, is something I have never seen - especially from a freshmen. I was a part of the group of kids that finally got to taste success in Anahuac, the last time before that was back in the 90s. We made the playoffs, it felt great and we played well. These boys, this qb, is playing at a level far beyond anything that resembles highs school football especially from the QB position. We were middle school football compared to this. 

The future is bright for this team and this QB. I can’t wait to see what he does as a Junior and Senior. 

Anyone remember Drew Tate? People were traveling across the state just to see him set records. This is the atmosphere Anahuac will have in the next few years regarding Brady Barrier. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I say this nicely as well: I would argue that speculation on a player and coach’s future where nothing but good things are being said about them is a far cry from the threads criticizing players and coaches that many don’t seem to think should be locked.  But as far as I know there’s not a rule talking about a player’s future.  

I think it’s unfair to a 15 (or even 14) year old to have this much unfounded speculation voiced. Do think his teammates like the idea of him bailing on them to play for Katy or something being floated is good? Rumors start and then run wild. I hate them, and it has nothing at all to do with any coach bashing. It’s a disservice to all, especially a very young man who is not asking for it.