Todd Dodge- The Best To Ever Do It?

Dirty_but_Dazzling

3 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I’d have to look at enrollment figures, but I think NS has Atleast 1,000 more students then most schools they play. That’s a lot of athletes to pick from more then other schools. Also, is NS an open enrollment school district?

NS enrollment is around 4,500 & yes they're open enrollment...but let me put things into perspective for you Duncanville has similar enrollment & you saw what happened when the 3x NS played them? Also the Woodlands have over 4,300 kids you saw what NS did to them week 1...if D'Ville or the Woodlands played in the D2 bracket great chance they'd win it year in and year out

5 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

NS enrollment is around 4,500 & yes they're open enrollment...but let me put things into perspective for you Duncanville has similar enrollment & you saw what happened when the 3x NS played them? Also the Woodlands have over 4,300 kids you saw what NS did to them week 1...if D'Ville or the Woodlands played in the D2 bracket great chance they'd win it year in and year out

I’m talking playoffs. I looked at last year. Every team NS played was between 1-2,000 less enrollment besides Duncanville which is within about 100 kids. NS beat them by a TD. The year before I think was the last second Hail Mary. I’m just saying that usually not all of the time when have that many is an advantage. Open enrollment is an advantage also because parents are willing to get their stud player to school and practice to a program like NS. Btw, I’m not taking away what they’re doing at NS, just pointing out some advantages.

I’m talking playoffs. I looked at last year. Every team NS played was between 1-2,000 less enrollment besides Duncanville which is within about 100 kids. NS beat them by a TD. The year before I think was the last second Hail Mary. I’m just saying that usually not all of the time when have that many is an advantage. Open enrollment is an advantage also because parents are willing to get their stud player to school and practice to a program like NS. Btw, I’m not taking away what they’re doing at NS, just pointing out some advantages.

Not true, Dobie has over 4k students, atascocita has close to 4k students, Katy Tompkins over 3,800 students...and I know you aren't knocking them I'm just pointing out the whole reason the D1 bracket exist is for large enrollment schools to compete against other large enrollment schools...so NS having a large enrollment isn't necessarily an advantage neither is open enrollment 

15 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Not true, Dobie has over 4k students, atascocita has close to 4k students, Katy Tompkins over 3,800 students...and I know you aren't knocking them I'm just pointing out the whole reason the D1 bracket exist is for large enrollment schools to compete against other large enrollment schools...so NS having a large enrollment isn't necessarily an advantage neither is open enrollment 

Dobie 3,800 students bi-district

Clear Springs 2,800 area

Thompkins 3,200 regional

Atascocita 3,800 Quarter finals

Lake Travis 3,600 semi-finals

Duncanville 4,600 finals

North Shore 4,500 and open enrollment 😁

This from UIL website

district has West Brook that has 2,300 students.

10 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Dobie 3,800 students bi-district

Clear Springs 2,800 area

Thompkins 3,200 regional

Atascocita 3,800 Quarter finals

Lake Travis 3,600 semi-finals

Duncanville 4,600 finals

North Shore 4,500 and open enrollment 😁

This from UIL website

district has West Brook that has 2,300 students.

Fun fact: Dobie has open enrollment, So does Cita & so does D'Ville might be the same for the rest of the schools you listed as well but I can't confirm it...

1 minute ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Fun fact: Dobie has open enrollment, So does Cita & so does D'Ville might be the same for the rest of the schools you listed as well but I can't confirm it...

Nobody beating down the door to go to Dobie. Lol

Cita is in NS district. I’m strictly talking playoffs.

Don’t think many running to D’ville when you’re surrounded by SOC, Desoto and Cedar Hill. All quality programs. Now, look at NS location. Of course football kids in the region would go to NS.

5 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Nobody beating down the door to go to Dobie. Lol

Cita is in NS district. I’m strictly talking playoffs.

Don’t think many running to D’ville when you’re surrounded by SOC, Desoto and Cedar Hill. All quality programs. Now, look at NS location. Of course football kids in the region would go to NS.

We played Cita in the regionals finals last year which was in the playoffs lol and you clearly don't have a clue about the landscape of Dallas if you think kids ain't running to D'Ville 🤣 ....btw NS is surrounded by Cita, King, & Summer Creek all quality programs as well...keep in mind last year 21-6A was the only district in the STATE that had all 4 playoff teams make it to regionals semi-finals. So go head and tell me how kids not running to CE King, Cita or Summer Creek lol

7 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

We played Cita in the regionals finals last year which was in the playoffs lol and you clearly don't have a clue about the landscape of Dallas if you think kids ain't running to D'Ville 🤣 ....btw NS is surrounded by Cita, King, & Summer Creek all quality programs as well...keep in mind last year 21-6A was the only district in the STATE that had all 4 playoff teams make it to regionals semi-finals. So go head and tell me how kids not running to CE King, Cita or Summer Creek lol

Clearly, you’ve been out of coaching for a while if you think that CEK, Cita, and Summer Creek is on the same level as the Dallas area football.  Katy and NS is the only teams Houston area that competes with Dallas area. What are you talking about? Every now and then someone else will emerge for a year and then fade away. I thought were talking 6A D1, that’s been your stance on saying coach Kay is the best. Now your reaching. All 4 can’t make regional semi-finals same year when only two teams are there.

19 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Agree, you also have to take into consideration that schools in PVIL couldn’t participate in UIL until early 80’s. I may be wrong on date. That’s a lot of good athletes not participating all of those years.

PVIL officially ceased to exist after 1968 but many ISD's starting closing PVIL schools earlier than that...for example Brownwood closed their seperate HS for black students in like 1961....Daingerfield and Sweeny closed their seperate HS's in 1964 or 1965 if memory serves...some places kept their PVIL school open for another year or two and then merged like in 1970...Marshall and Lufkin I believe were like that.....then you have places like Beaumont who kept them open longer....Dallas Madison, Dallas Lincoln, Houston Yates, Houston Worthing, Houston Wheatley are PVIL schools still in operation today...so things vary greatly

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Clearly, you’ve been out of coaching for a while if you think that CEK, Cita, and Summer Creek is on the same level as the Dallas area football.  Katy and NS is the only teams Houston area that competes with Dallas area. What are you talking about? Every now and then someone else will emerge for a year and then fade away. I thought were talking 6A D1, that’s been your stance on saying coach Kay is the best. Now your reaching. All 4 can’t make regional semi-finals same year when only two teams are there.

See saying stupid stuff like this let’s me know you don’t have a clue…haven’t been out of coaching for every long at all actually. Secondly how could Katy & NS be the only teams that can compete with the Dallas Area teams when Cita just beat Allen last year? And I was definitely only talking about 6A D1 until competition you brought up a 5A team & two other teams who consistently compete in 6A D2 to prove a point (that wasn’t true btw)

Furthermore if you scroll up & read and stop assuming you’d know I never once said Coach Kay was the best…

Lastly my whole point of bringing up other schools into the convo was to prove that there is other good quality schools that surround NS for kids to play since you claim kids aren’t beating down the door to play at schools that surround NS (NS starting QB from last year is currently at CE King) just like there is in Dallas…but you CLEARLY don’t know the landscape of Dallas or Houston like you think you do so I’ll let you have it smh

6 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

See saying stupid stuff like this let’s me know you don’t have a clue…haven’t been out of coaching for every long at all actually. Secondly how could Katy & NS be the only teams that can compete with the Dallas Area teams when Cita just beat Allen last year? And I was definitely only talking about 6A D1 until competition you brought up a 5A team & two other teams who consistently compete in 6A D2 to prove a point (that wasn’t true btw)

Furthermore if you scroll up & read and stop assuming you’d know I never once said Coach Kay was the best…

Lastly my whole point of bringing up other schools into the convo was to prove that there is other good quality schools that surround NS for kids to play since you claim kids aren’t beating down the door to play at schools that surround NS (NS starting QB from last year is currently at CE King) just like there is in Dallas…but you CLEARLY don’t know the landscape of Dallas or Houston like you think you do so I’ll let you have it smh

I have an idea of probably why you’re not coaching any longer by your comments. Your smarta** comments tell it all. You’re always the smartest guy in the room.  I’ve been around a while and have a pretty firm grip on what I’m saying. My opinion stays the same. Maybe we can go to one of your knowledge clinics.

I have an idea of probably why you’re not coaching any longer by your comments. Your smarta** comments tell it all. You’re always the smartest guy in the room.  I’ve been around a while and have a pretty firm grip on what I’m saying. My opinion stays the same. Maybe we can go to one of your knowledge clinics.

On this forum I probably am…and making statements like “kids aren’t going to D’Ville” let’s me know you really don’t have a firm grip on what you’re on here spewing…everything I say is factual & can be proven btw 

Just now, Coach_Izzy said:

On this forum I probably am…and making statements like “kids aren’t going to D’Ville” let’s me know you really don’t have a firm grip on what you’re on here spewing…everything I say is factual & can be proven btw 

All I’m saying is there is an advantage whether it’s Dville or North Shore because of student population size and throw open enrollment. I’m done, this convo going sideways. 14.2 might have something to say on who knows the most though.😂

On 9/22/2022 at 1:25 PM, KF89 said:

I believe its Aledo with 10  

1998 (3A/D1), 2009 (4A/D2), 2010 (4A/D2), 2011 (4A/D2), 2013 (4A/D2), 2014 (5A/D1), 2016 (5A/D2), 2018 (5A/D2), 2019 (5A/D2),2020 (5A/D2

Katy has 8

1997 (5A), 2000 (5AD2), 2003 (5AD2), 2007 (5AD2), 2008 (5AD2), 2012 (5AD2),2015 (6AD2), 2020 (6AD2)

Carthage has 8

2008(3A/D2), 2009(3A/D2), 2010(3A/D2), 2013(3A/D1), 2016(4A/D1), 2017(4A/D1), 2019 (4A/D1), 2020 (4A/D2)

Southlake Carroll has 8 

1988(3A) 1992(3A), 1993(3A), (5A DII, 2002, 2004, 2005) (5A I, 2006, 2011)

Celina has 8

1974(B) Co-Champs, 1995(2A), 1998(2A/D2), 1999(2A/D2), 2000(2A/D2), 2001(2A/D2), 2005(2A/D2), 2007(3A/D2)

Richland Springs has 9 

On 9/22/2022 at 2:46 PM, HarryDoyle said:

Has it been the same coach at Katy to win all 8 or different people at the helm? Just did not know because most of the others are with different coaches other than Carthage

Katy is the ALL-TIME UIL Title Game Appearances leader with 15. Winning 9 of those.

1959  Gordon Brown

1997,2000,2003  Mike Johnson

2007,2008,2012,2015,2020   Gary Joseph

On 9/22/2022 at 1:25 PM, KF89 said:

I believe its Aledo with 10  

1998 (3A/D1), 2009 (4A/D2), 2010 (4A/D2), 2011 (4A/D2), 2013 (4A/D2), 2014 (5A/D1), 2016 (5A/D2), 2018 (5A/D2), 2019 (5A/D2),2020 (5A/D2

Katy has 8

1997 (5A), 2000 (5AD2), 2003 (5AD2), 2007 (5AD2), 2008 (5AD2), 2012 (5AD2),2015 (6AD2), 2020 (6AD2)

Carthage has 8

2008(3A/D2), 2009(3A/D2), 2010(3A/D2), 2013(3A/D1), 2016(4A/D1), 2017(4A/D1), 2019 (4A/D1), 2020 (4A/D2)

Southlake Carroll has 8 

1988(3A) 1992(3A), 1993(3A), (5A DII, 2002, 2004, 2005) (5A I, 2006, 2011)

Celina has 8

1974(B) Co-Champs, 1995(2A), 1998(2A/D2), 1999(2A/D2), 2000(2A/D2), 2001(2A/D2), 2005(2A/D2), 2007(3A/D2)

Katy has 9.  1959  Gordon Brown was coach. I know yall were talking since 1970. just fun fact sake I mentioned '59