#7 Silsbee

#9 Hamshire-Fannett

3A DII

#3 Newton

2A DI

#1 Timpson

#10 Centerville

Just now, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

HamPshire(Hamshire) Fannett Longhorns with top 10 appearance! That's cool.

It's also worth some research to find the last time in football HF broke into top 10. I'm thinking if ever its been a while.

Man… that district is something… Even if Bellville gets the district championship we still get to play WOS, Silsbee, Jasper , or HF in the first round. I mention all 4 because I think they all have somewhat of a shot at finishing 1-4… My personal opinion thinks it will be Jasper or HF but you never know.

8 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Man… that district is something… Even if Bellville gets the district championship we still get to play WOS, Silsbee, Jasper , or HF in the first round. I mention all 4 because I think they all have somewhat of a shot at finishing 1-4… My personal opinion thinks it will be Jasper or HF but you never know.

The district is insane. HF is playing very well, but I'll be thrilled if they can go 1-2 against those three teams.  

7 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I see some laughs at this. I think people are reading it as you project HF or Jasper as the district winner.  Were you stating you think Bellville as the 1 seed will face the 4 (HF or Jasper)?

13 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

for the record, who do think is the best chance of getting the 1 against? 🤔

I don't think they have a great chance against any of them, but at least have a shot at competing against any or all of them.  out of the 3, I'd say it seems like Jasper and WOS are 1a and 1b right now.  

TBH I don't think HF or Lumberton are top ten teams right now.  Top 25, sure, but not top-10.  HF is 3-1 with two wins over pretty good 3A teams and one 4A team who is abysmal.  Lumberton's best win was when they squeaked by HF, and their other two wins are against incredibly weak teams with a combined 1-7 record.  They also got soundly beat by St. Thomas, who is a solid team, but not one who should be beating top-10 teams by 20.  

8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

TBH I don't think HF or Lumberton are top ten teams right now.  Top 25, sure, but not top-10.  HF is 3-1 with two wins over pretty good 3A teams and one 4A team who is abysmal.  Lumberton's best win was when they squeaked by HF, and their other two wins are against incredibly weak teams with a combined 1-7 record.  They also got soundly beat by St. Thomas, who is a solid team, but not one who should be beating top-10 teams by 20.  

Well I mean St. Thomas is #4 private school in the state

1 hour ago, RaiderGirl22 said:

Well I mean St. Thomas is #4 private school in the state

They are, but that’s always a crapshoot.  St. Thomas was ranked last year as well, and then lost their first round playoff game to a 4-7 team that lost THEIR next game by 40.  Lumberton is a good team this year, but they’re still over ranked.  Their schedule is pretty soft, so they have a really good shot at finishing the regular season 8-2, with an okay shot at 9-1.  They go undefeated in a mediocre district, and are 9-1 going to the playoffs, I’m good with a #7 ranking.  I think they get handily beat by any of the 6 teams above them, though, as well as the top 8 in 4A-D2.  

14 hours ago, bullets13 said:

They are, but that’s always a crapshoot.  St. Thomas was ranked last year as well, and then lost their first round playoff game to a 4-7 team that lost THEIR next game by 40.  Lumberton is a good team this year, but they’re still over ranked.  Their schedule is pretty soft, so they have a really good shot at finishing the regular season 8-2, with an okay shot at 9-1.  They go undefeated in a mediocre district, and are 9-1 going to the playoffs, I’m good with a #7 ranking.  I think they get handily beat by any of the 6 teams above them, though, as well as the top 8 in 4A-D2.  

TBH in some of y'all minds, teams like Lumberton should never be in the polls.

4 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

TBH in some of y'all minds, teams like Lumberton should never be in the polls.

Lumberton was a 6-5 team last year, and this year they’re 3-1 with one pretty good win.  I think they’re a top-20 team.  Their only quality win is against another over-ranked team, who I happen to cheer for, and work for the district, so I’m not being biased here.  If they’d won against their only really good opponent, rather than losing by three touchdowns, I’d be okay with their ranking.  As it is, they’re over ranked, and I don’t really know what criteria Dave Campbell is using to rank them so high.  This is taking nothing away from the raiders, who have a good team, probably their best in quite some time.  But there’s a big difference between being a good team and being ranked 7th in the state.  

16 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Lumberton was a 6-5 team last year, and this year they’re 3-1 with one pretty good win.  I think they’re a top-20 team.  Their only quality win is against another over-ranked team, who I happen to cheer for, and work for the district, so I’m not being biased here.  If they’d won against their only really good opponent, rather than losing by three touchdowns, I’d be okay with their ranking.  As it is, they’re over ranked, and I don’t really know what criteria Dave Campbell is using to rank them so high.  This is taking nothing away from the raiders, who have a good team, probably their best in quite some time.  But there’s a big difference between being a good team and being ranked 7th in the state.  

Completely agree and they pay close attention to the rankings too. Raiders should be one of the best. Theyre one of the biggest schools and knocking on 5A door

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

But also they were 6 total points away from being undefeated last season going into playoffs.