BH Vs. LaPorte

BHFAN

BH vs. LaPorte  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This game has all of the factors to be a trap game for BH. LaPorte has found new life with an improved coaching staff that has the Dogs believing and sitting at 3-1. BH is coming off of an emotional win then going on the road to face said Bulldogs. Both teams sitting at 3-1, with BH having the better schedule which should help the Eagles improve to 4-1 this week. However BH can’t take teams lightly as they make their way to that PAM match up in late October. LaPorte, Porter , Kingwood Park & Baytown Lee are all out there waiting to play the spoiler. BH by 14

TRAP GAME is a perfect description. Thats exactly what I was calling it too. BH can beat LaPorte, but the challenge will be to get the team back grounded and focused for THIS week. I am sure the staff is well aware. I can see LaPorte busting out of the gates but BH bearing down and winning in the 2nd half, or something like that. A week at a time!  

I’ll go with the Home Team for the upset. 😁

I have very little to base this on other than support for the Dawgs. I’ve only seen them play on LPSportsnet against DP and GCM. What I’ve observed is a team that seems to remember they’ve been a solid program for a lot longer than the last couple of down years would show. The new staff seems to have brought back some of that historical toughness and attitude. The talent is there, although young. I can see them coming in with a chip on their shoulder and a focus on the game due to the Lee game. I am impressed with the staff’s willingness to make adjustments in game. There’s some definite speed on this squad.

With the youth, we’ll just have to see if they can minimize errors and make a game of it. If they do pull out the win, it won’t be just because it’s a ‘trap’ game. That sounds like a cop out hedge before the game’s even been played. Same token, if it’s a blowout for BH, it won’t be because LP is young. It will be because they were outplayed.

From what I’ve seen of the scores & stats in the district so far, I don’t really see a team that’s head & shoulders above the rest enough for a clear cut district favorite to win out. But, I’ve been wrong numerous times before.😊

After last week this thread is a dude. Any Baytown Lee fans want to give us a break down on thier game with LaPorte? All I know is they seem pretty balanced being a little heavy on the run game. They seem to love rolling the WB out , so he has the option to pass or tuck and run. They also got a couple of small backs with speed. 

3 hours ago, BHFAN said:

After last week this thread is a dude. Any Baytown Lee fans want to give us a break down on thier game with LaPorte? All I know is they seem pretty balanced being a little heavy on the run game. They seem to love rolling the WB out , so he has the option to pass or tuck and run. They also got a couple of small backs with speed. 

@panamamyers

2 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Barbers Hill should have a field day passing the ball. I say they will win by 3 tds minimum. I don't think LP will be able to run the ball on BH. 

Hope your right 👍 BH passing game is going to be a nightmare for any team to defend unless you gave a couple of FBS DB’s, but we have to get our ground game going. BH defense is getting stronger each game.

17 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Game Day! Good luck Eagles. Anyone have the JV or Freshman scores.

Yeppers. Game day! Go Dawgs!

JV - BH 27-14

Frosh - LP 40-0

LP frosh still undefeated. Get your kicks in now. Looks like the pipeline is refilling. So far, they’ve only given up 6 points this season, and have scored 48, 40, 50, and 40. (The 6 was to Baytown Lee.)

3 hours ago, OlDawg said:

Yeppers. Game day! Go Dawgs!

JV - BH 27-14

Frosh - LP 40-0

LP frosh still undefeated. Get your kicks in now. Looks like the pipeline is refilling. So far, they’ve only given up 6 points this season, and have scored 48, 40, 50, and 40. (The 6 was to Baytown Lee.)

Nice, unfortunately good Freshman teams hardly every equate to a good Varsity one day, but it doesn’t hurt✌️