BADSANTA

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• WOS
    • Silsbee

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I will accept your answer as being true. Quick question, was that game on Texan Live? Does our coaching staff not have an account? How bout scout the upcoming team, and watch the replay on TL as many times as you want. Just another opinion thrown down from the cheap seats.

Which game are you asking was on TL?

As for scouting the upcoming team, pretty sure the staff has already had film (Hudl) on that team. Just an opportunity to catch a district team live.

Can't always depend on TL doing the game until after the fact. Also, sometimes those TL camera angles don't do a scout justice.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Which game are you asking was on TL?

As for scouting the upcoming team, pretty sure the staff has already had film (Hudl) on that team. Just an opportunity to catch a district team live.

Can't always depend on TL doing the game until after the fact. Also, sometimes those TL camera angles don't do a scout justice.

Week 2 game was vs. Huffman

I also assumed we always had a scouting crew before to get a look at upcoming opponents.

An opportunity to catch a district game. Wonder how far out they're looking at Jasper, or BC for that matter. Or was the focus only on the overall favorite to win the district? Which is also his Alma mater that he needs to prove something to. Revenge for not getting that job when he applied.

I should probably stop before this gets carried away any farther. To be continued...

17 hours ago, Majestyk said:

WO-S will have to step it up a notch if they want to beat these guys.

They can't!! Kids will play hard. Coaching nonexistent. And lol, Toby Foreman made a FB post how they won. And thanking Roy lock for the 50 defense.and slowing down one of the top QB'S AND top wrs in high school.i wonder who that was for hmm!! Lol, and to made matters worse. The videos that's on FB everyone is sharing.how former players blasting this coaching staff. Hoping for better days.i don't see it.i think it will only get worse.

36 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Week 2 game was vs. Huffman

I also assumed we always had a scouting crew before to get a look at upcoming opponents.

An opportunity to catch a district game. Wonder how far out they're looking at Jasper, or BC for that matter. Or was the focus only on the overall favorite to win the district? Which is also his Alma mater that he needs to prove something to. Revenge for not getting that job when he applied.

I should probably stop before this gets carried away any farther. To be continued...

Huffman game was on TL but like I said, can't always trust that the game will be broadcast till after the fact.

I can only state what I know for fact. No speculation.

Coach T and staff on many occasions scouted a team that they put emphasis on when they had the opportunity to see them live (i.e. bye week or played on Thursday). I have been in several press boxes and seen this with my own eyes. Coach H was one of those staff members that I personally saw do this. He's just learning from the best.

Coach T is old school and when he had an opportunity to see a team live that he put emphasis on, he took it. Didn't want to count on some outside broadcast entity to do it for him. BTW, this is as recent as last year.

I can say over the years, Hooks and Thompson scouted more teams in advance (weeks out) than most coaching staffs did in this area. I have seen them many times in press boxes and the bleachers in Silsbee and other places and it not necessarily be the opponent for next week.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lol @ what's in bold. 

that's nowhere near possible 😂

Nowhere near possible?  Why would you say that?  Are you saying that never happens?  Have to call you on that.  I say it does happen.  Did it happen Friday?  I don’t know, but I still think it’s possible.  But like your post, it’s just my opinion.  The difference is, I didn’t post an absolute like you did.

39 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Idk. He said they were scouting Silsbee the night after lcm game. Not png? Not Newton? A 3 weeks down the road game. So focus could've been somewhere else.

They were bcz I was at the gas station getting gas talking with one of the coaches.and they all went to silsbee!Silsbee!! I went watched BU and png play not a coach in site.a few players I sat by.u know I hate to see anyone lose there job.and I pray that each one of them have the desires of there heart.but,I have watched practice and watched games.somethings aren't a gud fit.and this is one of those times.and not trying to blast anyone.but,what happened to just teach a kid blocking and tackling?? And just seeing what they do best.so,down the road they can see what they need to do to better themselves.if u just look at a tape of the sideline it's like no one know what there doing.i truly believe in my heart that if this coaching staff some how stays and keep there job.everything that built as standard will come crumbling down.we all can sit back and analyze things from our view.some maybe right and some maybe wrong.but, when do coaches ever sit back and reevaluate themselves.there one can't be a great coach.and to make matters worse.no discipline at all.incase ppl don't see w.o averages abt 10 penalties a game.and no one is held accountable.as an alum ik ur not gonna win every year. But, at least teach them something.i hate it for the coaches and the kids.no one wins in this situation.i think if changes not made bcz of the years ahead from the 7th/8th classes on up.talent pool isn't what it use to be. W.o will be an after thought soon.

21 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Nowhere near possible?  Why would you say that?  Are you saying that never happens?  Have to call you on that.  I say it does happen.  Did it happen Friday?  I don’t know, but I still think it’s possible.  But like your post, it’s just my opinion.  The difference is, I didn’t post an absolute like you did.

Who overlooks Newton of all teams? Don't overthink my previous post. 

19 minutes ago, dj said:

They were bcz I was at the gas station getting gas talking with one of the coaches.and they all went to silsbee!Silsbee!! I went watched BU and png play not a coach in site.a few players I sat by.u know I hate to see anyone lose there job.and I pray that each one of them have the desires of there heart.but,I have watched practice and watched games.somethings aren't a gud fit.and this is one of those times.and not trying to blast anyone.but,what happened to just teach a kid blocking and tackling?? And just seeing what they do best.so,down the road they can see what they need to do to better themselves.if u just look at a tape of the sideline it's like no one know what there doing.i truly believe in my heart that if this coaching staff some how stays and keep there job.everything that built as standard will come crumbling down.we all can sit back and analyze things from our view.some maybe right and some maybe wrong.but, when do coaches ever sit back and reevaluate themselves.there one can't be a great coach.and to make matters worse.no discipline at all.incase ppl don't see w.o averages abt 10 penalties a game.and no one is held accountable.as an alum ik ur not gonna win every year. But, at least teach them something.i hate it for the coaches and the kids.no one wins in this situation.i think if changes not made bcz of the years ahead from the 7th/8th classes on up.talent pool isn't what it use to be. W.o will be an after thought soon.

Orange is a dying town with no economy which good athlete would move here and play sports ? Coach hooks and coach Thompson was the magic of the wos program now they are gone so is the magic ! 

36 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

Orange is a dying town with no economy which good athlete would move here and play sports ? Coach hooks and coach Thompson was the magic of the wos program now they are gone so is the magic ! 

Last time I looked there are sure a lot of folks working on chemical row. People from Orange are buying homes and new cars, maybe on your end things are not going well.

12 minutes ago, KB24 said:

They have Bottley at back up QB. Just waiting his turn. 

This one we have comein is a starter now as a sophomore at his school. A dual treat QB. He's knot for from us now. Ow and buy the way he has always lived in Silsbee. Everyone on the team knows him they all grew up together. 🤗

10 minutes ago, Who That said:

Bottom line this Silsbee team is just the better team. And will be even better next year. And Silsbee will also have a new weapon on the team next year at QB".! 🤗

After seeing both teams play, I would say you are correct sir. I would have to add that I believe Silsbee is a better coach team also. I believe Silsbee will get the W.

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Last time I looked there are sure a lot of folks working on chemical row. People from Orange are buying homes and new cars, maybe on your end things are not going well.

Hard to see the big picture from 100 miles away. Most of those folks drive in, and most of us drive out. The new plant about to be built. Money yes, population growth no. I actually think it's gonna be worse for us. If people move in to work they're gonna buy in BC, OF, or LCM. Not to mention our stadium is gonna stink like some others I've been to that are close to refineries.

One thing that does keep people here is the program. Now there's another option. Peevey knew what was coming his way. Smartest move I've seen in a long time.

And the "in or OUT" comment? I've always been IN. Even when we weren't winning state every year. So have others here on this site who have the rings to prove it. They're not happy with the situation either. There's also another prominent citizen, and former player, that WE see on TV representing US in various ways. I haven't seen him at a game yet either.

So when I walked out early in the 3rd against PNG, it hurt to know that they had let us all down. They as in those in charge of making the decisions. Either the coach who proclaimed to keep the tradition the same. Or the DC that didn't know our system. Or the Super that wouldn't take any recommendations from the committee. Or those elected officials who know what's best, and don't care about the voices of the constituents.

Anyway back to this game... is Shaw gonna be back? Heard he was injured with his ankle wrapped after the Newton game.

As a tiger fan I always want them to win.  Also as a fan I always want rivals to lose every game.  I’d be lying if I wanted it to change this week either.  Looking at this week it wouldn’t shock me to see wos win.  Honestly I expect them to......they have to ......or there is a huge chance everything unravels.  It wouldn’t be the first time a talented team with high expectations hits some adversity and implodes.  Happens in college every year.  LSU, Auburn, UT, possibly A&M.  Wos this is your rally time.  You either continue bickering or you come together and support your entire team/coaches.  If you don’t think these kids get things in their heads then by all means keep the negative going.  You think losing to a few good teams is bad, just watch where you can help drive this.  

2 hours ago, lcm93 said:

It's the system !! Not the magic. Just need someone that knows our kids.especially when u have a h/C that is depending on a oc and DC that doesn't know his personal. And then trying to get kids to fit there system instead of what's best for them.

18 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Hard to see the big picture from 100 miles away. Most of those folks drive in, and most of us drive out. The new plant about to be built. Money yes, population growth no. I actually think it's gonna be worse for us. If people move in to work they're gonna buy in BC, OF, or LCM. Not to mention our stadium is gonna stink like some others I've been to that are close to refineries.

One thing that does keep people here is the program. Now there's another option. Peevey knew what was coming his way. Smartest move I've seen in a long time.

And the "in or OUT" comment? I've always been IN. Even when we weren't winning state every year. So have others here on this site who have the rings to prove it. They're not happy with the situation either. There's also another prominent citizen, and former player, that WE see on TV representing US in various ways. I haven't seen him at a game yet either.

So when I walked out early in the 3rd against PNG, it hurt to know that they had let us all down. They as in those in charge of making the decisions. Either the coach who proclaimed to keep the tradition the same. Or the DC that didn't know our system. Or the Super that wouldn't take any recommendations from the committee. Or those elected officials who know what's best, and don't care about the voices of the constituents.

Anyway back to this game... is Shaw gonna be back? Heard he was injured with his ankle wrapped after the Newton game.

You are ride or die always have been. There are things that I know about what went on at the game that were un-called for. I do not mind calling people out on the acts. This is a young team with a young head coach. we should give it time. (JMO). Shaw is in a boot and will not play on Friday. He has a high ankle sprain. Thanks for giving me your insight about our home town. I hate hearing people form other areas of Orange taking digs at my neighborhoods where I grew up yet they want to merge with WOS without having nothing to do with the success that the players we know(n) built.. Trust and believe I have lots of family in Orange and I keep in touch.

37 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

You are right about the population moving away from Orange, even if they work here. They do not want their kids in WO schools. There is no diversity in the school, the athletics, the school board or the administration. West Orange has turned into another Wallace. First thing needs to happen is at least half the school board has to go. The superintendent has to go, and his lackey he brought in from Silsbee has to go. People need to show up on elections to the school board, to begin with. Let's get this done. Bring diversity back to West Orange and the whole community will profit. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Btw I'm taking Silsbee in this one. 

Me too, but it’d ought to be a close one.  Only concern I have with Tigers is they appear to poop out some in 4th Qtr.  Hope it was just a one off with Nederland, but they looked tired.

1 minute ago, XX Man said:

You are right about the population moving away from Orange, even if they work here. They do not want their kids in WO schools. There is no diversity in the school, the athletics, the school board or the administration. First thing needs to happen is at least half the school board has to go. The superintendent has to go, and his lackey he brought in from Silsbee has to go. People need to show up on elections to the school board, to begin with. Let's get this done. Bring diversity back to West Orange and the whole community will profit. 

It's all about football at wos !! They could care less about the other sports ! The baseball team went winless this past season !!