Soooo does Woodville get their props now???

Woodvillian1980

Woodville doing their thing , but don’t hang your hat on Newton , remember 150 yards in penalties, 100 worth of chop blocks all against Newton , Bad snap on punt , I mean that was a horrible showing by Newton , I’d like to thank them for waking this team up … Newton played horrible and lost by one point to a good woodville team in the last seconds of the game , if the wr didn’t slip we wouldn’t even be have the topic . This is the best woodville has had in 25 years ,  thank Coach Lewis,been building up the team with those players for the last 3 years .  Hopefully they can continue to build after they lose most of those guys this year, if not next year will be 78 - 0 Newton , kinda like that one year EC beat Newton and Newton put 84 on them the next year , I promise next season Newton will take Woodville serious , Newton will not be looking ahead to Jasper and WOS , like they did. It was a good loss for Newton but the win for Woodville seems to be swelling their ego a little , honestly right now , wont get out the 3rd round. If woodville was that good they should of beat newton by at least 14, if you look a mistakes , turnovers and penalties that Newton had going on all night, woodville one point win doesn’t look so great , I mean one point and one slip away from still losing by a touchdown. If the game was played next week I don’t see near the same outcome but we will just have to wait until next year . 

Woodville definitely can have their props. I’m proud of Woodville and hope they have a good season. However, I truly believe Newton would beat Woodville 9 out of 10 times. Woodville won that given night, but Newton did not play like Newton at all. I still give full credit though. Also, I do not believe Woodville would beat WOS by any means. That game woke Newton up big time. Woodville really needs to go deeper in the playoffs. That’s what matters. You definitely should be proud of your team.

As usual I end up seeing thing’s different than most. Defense is our strong suit. Problem is we can’t score and keep scoring. When the playoffs start it will take a team that can put up 50 + to come out on top. Diboll will score a lot of points . Franklin will be a different team next go round and Yoe will have the bugs worked out, so no props until we prove we can beat people by 60 and I’m not talking about the bottom 3 in our district.

49 minutes ago, longball24 said:

As usual I end up seeing thing’s different than most. Defense is our strong suit. Problem is we can’t score and keep scoring. When the playoffs start it will take a team that can put up 50 + to come out on top. Diboll will score a lot of points . Franklin will be a different team next go round and Yoe will have the bugs worked out, so no props until we prove we can beat people by 60 and I’m not talking about the bottom 3 in our district.

Yoe isn’t a bad team… Yoe’s problem to me watching them last night is they are small on the D line and at LB… they didn’t tackle well either.

Last year everyone laughed at me, and said Newton by 4 or 5 tds. Sooo yall saying only losing to the State Champs this year by only 10 points, ANNNDD beating Newton who IS a powerhouse, who have beaten Jasper and WOS is not grounds for taking the next step???? I guess you guys forgot that we have gotten beat by the last 3 or 4 state champs. Not saying losing is ok, but the proof is in the puddin. This year is only the beginning. Trust me, I know.

11 hours ago, Back2swag said:

Woodville doing their thing , but don’t hang your hat on Newton , remember 150 yards in penalties, 100 worth of chop blocks all against Newton , Bad snap on punt , I mean that was a horrible showing by Newton , I’d like to thank them for waking this team up … Newton played horrible and lost by one point to a good woodville team in the last seconds of the game , if the wr didn’t slip we wouldn’t even be have the topic . This is the best woodville has had in 25 years ,  thank Coach Lewis,been building up the team with those players for the last 3 years .  Hopefully they can continue to build after they lose most of those guys this year, if not next year will be 78 - 0 Newton , kinda like that one year EC beat Newton and Newton put 84 on them the next year , I promise next season Newton will take Woodville serious , Newton will not be looking ahead to Jasper and WOS , like they did. It was a good loss for Newton but the win for Woodville seems to be swelling their ego a little , honestly right now , wont get out the 3rd round. If woodville was that good they should of beat newton by at least 14, if you look a mistakes , turnovers and penalties that Newton had going on all night, woodville one point win doesn’t look so great , I mean one point and one slip away from still losing by a touchdown. If the game was played next week I don’t see near the same outcome but we will just have to wait until next year . 

I feel you, but thats part of the game. A win is a win a L is a L.  You were on the goal line and didnt punch it in at the end so how can you take this from a program? I know Newton was gonna get it together, but IJS

11 hours ago, Back2swag said:

Weeks later Newton has had great wins back to back and you still upset they lost to Woodville. 😂  News flash: Chop blocking is illegal although it's not always enforced and Newton was definitely chop blocking a lot. They could have called it even more times but the refs actually let them slide a couple times. Question is if you see the refs are flagging you for it then why keep doing it? IDK maybe they had to use desperate measures to try and block our Dline? And now we gotta beat Newton by 14 or its not respected? Nah we'll take a win over Newton however we can get it. And won't be no 80 point victories over Woodville for Newton no time soon. We gone be right on your heels next year and the year after. 

4 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Weeks later Newton has had great wins back to back and you still upset they lost to Woodville. 😂  News flash: Chop blocking is illegal although it's not always enforced and Newton was definitely chop blocking a lot. They could have called it even more times but the refs actually let them slide a couple times. Question is if you see the refs are flagging you for it then why keep doing it? IDK maybe they had to use desperate measures to try and block our Dline? And now we gotta beat Newton by 14 or its not respected? Nah we'll take a win over Newton however we can get it. And won't be no 80 point victories over Woodville for Newton no time soon. We gone be right on your heels next year and the year after. 

Im calling head over their hills lol. I don't now if they been looking at our youth football teams!! IJS

Last year you said how great you were and headed to state until the second round when you got donkey stomped by Lorena 50 to 6. Not saying you are a good team but you have not proven you are state caliber.                                      
How many times have you made it to state? how many times have you made it to semi finals. How many times have you made it to regional.

I will give Woodville props but since y'all are in our district I expect you guys to go far in the playoffs this year... Don't let me down with another usual 2nd round loss but also remember this y'all can't play a game like y'all did against Liberty for the rest of the season or y'all's season will be short again but I'm rooting for y'all to win after our game against y'all of course.