West Orange-Stark (21) @ Newton (24) - FINAL

jdawg03

WOS looses to PNG and Newton, which has happened many of times with the prior coaching staff, and everyone thinks it is strictly on the new coaches. Cornell lost to both teams as well. WOS does not win every game of every season, so why act like it? Newton beats WOS regular as of lately, not just this year. WOS will be okay, and in my opinion, looked like a regular WOS team, other than the 4 consecutive state runs. 

54 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

WOS looses to PNG and Newton, which has happened many of times with the prior coaching staff, and everyone thinks it is strictly on the new coaches. Cornell lost to both teams as well. WOS does not win every game of every season, so why act like it? Newton beats WOS regular as of lately, not just this year. WOS will be okay, and in my opinion, looked like a regular WOS team, other than the 4 consecutive state runs. 

Thank you. Can we at least get into district play first before we start calling for coaches’ heads?

8 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Coach Hickman will get things going. Hopefully not vs him Alumni in Silsbee next week but the week after. WOS has never had a down season that I can remember and this won't be one those years. 

If they lose to Silsbee that will be three losses in a row. Finishing second in district will be a down season. I’m not giving up on Hickman or the Mustangs yet. They should know they’ve dig themselves a hole. How they handle it will tell a lot.

I miss the post game interviews from coach t lol.. the new coach is just like " yeah that was a really good team we played just missed on some opportunities"... coach t would or been like. I wasn't happy with the way we played they better figure it out or I'll find some one who will.. and that's a speech after a 3 touchdown win lol... don't wanna hear the one after a loss haha 

1 hour ago, Sportsguy17 said:

I miss the post game interviews from coach t lol.. the new coach is just like " yeah that was a really good team we played just missed on some opportunities"... coach t would or been like. I wasn't happy with the way we played they better figure it out or I'll find some one who will.. and that's a speech after a 3 touchdown win lol... don't wanna hear the one after a loss haha 

Somebody asked me what Coach T would've said after the loss. Of course it can't be repeated here. But I had them guys rollin with the accent and the "old-coach-isms." There's a topic on here somewhere that we were posting our favorite sayings. He definitely had some unforgettable ways of getting his point across. 

52 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

I sure thought he was gonna be the next wos coach. And did most of the city. I know he's an offensive guy but he knows what mustang football is about. And he would of got the right guy to run the defense without changing the formation. Plus I think the offensive would be alot better with him there..... just my thoughts while I've been watching college ball all day drinking a few 😅

18 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

You guys gotta stop comparing Coach Hickman to Coach T or Hooks. Give him time and he will have WOS back right. Im pull against him this weekend but I will tell you, he is a solid coach. Is talent down this year in WOS? 

I don’t think talent is down. I wish I could find the podcast from early August where the 3 guys from Texas High School football made their predictions for the state championship games in all classes. All three of them picked a WO-S-Carthage matchup and two of them picked WO-S to win it all. 

What I see as a big problem now - in the past there were few better options had things went wrong.  Now you have a charismatic Coach at LCM who appears to be building a juggernaut.  Close enough to draw talent from WOS.  As pointed out, currently it’s only two losses to two very good teams, but if it continues, it may well be the end of a dynasty.  Good luck to the Mustangs going forward.

47 minutes ago, marshman said:

I don’t think talent is down. I wish I could find the podcast from early August where the 3 guys from Texas High School football made their predictions for the state championship games in all classes. All three of them picked a WO-S-Carthage matchup and two of them picked WO-S to win it all. 

Here's one that had similar predictions...

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

You guys gotta stop comparing Coach Hickman to Coach T or Hooks. Give him time and he will have WOS back right. Im pull against him this weekend but I will tell you, he is a solid coach. Is talent down this year in WOS? 

We have 8 back on each side of the ball from a regional finalist. The senior class didn't lose from 7th thru JV. Talent isn't the issue.

On 9/17/2022 at 10:03 AM, Fast Turtle said:

There not.i have a nephew that plays!! And they are respectful towards the coaching staff.and they really are trying. But, the problem is there been forced to learn on the fly. And it's confusion. U got kids running on and off the field.dont know who is supposed to be in the game.if ppl truly watching there games.they would know in every game they either not lining up right or they blow coverage.and this has happened in every game.i don't mind the losses!! Bcz, both teams were gud.but, even when CT was there it wasn't this much confusion.give an example.when CT took over he wanted to go back to power football but after seeing how he didn't have the personal to do this.he went back to what they knew.and they made a run.ppl forget that.all I'm saying if things are confusing the kids.just go with what they know on both sides of the ball.