Assessing a Surcharge for Illegals

Englebert

Since both the Republicans and Democrats have no desire or willingness to deport illegals from this country, should we at least assess a surcharge to companies that employ people that are illegally occupying our country? Both parties claim to put American citizens above illegals, but everyone can see that is an outright lie. If companies are forced to pay more for employing an illegal worker, would that increase the value of unemployed legal Americans? Would the extra revenue afforded the government go to good use? Would this put a strain on our economy to a point that implementing this strategy actually hurts the country? Should only certain jobs have this caveat? How high of a penalty should companies pony up for utilizing illegal labor? What are your thoughts?

Since I have no desire to allow anyone that is illegally residing in our country to remain, I have no argument to make one way or the other. This topic is about as mute (or moot...you decide) for me as you can get. But I'm curious as to how others feel about this idea. 

I don't hate the idea.  Personally, I think it should be easier for immigrants to come in, but they should be taxed at a much higher rate than citizens for some set number of years.  If an immigrant can come over for say, two years, find and maintain gainful employment, pay the higher taxes, and not break the law, then let them become citizens.  When, and only when, they show they can be a useful member of society, they can bring their families over to join them.  That said, no immigrant should be allowed to come in and start receiving government benefits.  If you can't sustain yourself and family without food stamps, medicaid, and other govt handouts, then it's a detriment rather than a benefit to our country for you to be here.  I'm fine with helping people, but not at the expense of hurting our country.  

The object of war is to kill enough of your foe so that you can take over their land. If you open your borders, they don’t have to fire a shot. No other country would allow this nonsense, neither should we. This is an invasion of our country and should be treated as such. No surcharges (ma’am-charges). They should all be militarily forced back to their own countries…. Heck, all the way past the Panama Canal. Then tell them to swim “that”. (Ron White)

No surcharges, No illegal entries, Get in line like every other law abiding immigrant. Maybe try to streamline the immigration process to make it quicker with proper vetting. And for God Sake put the same tariffs on products that other countries put on our products.  We need more balance on imports and exports. GOVERNMENT CAN NOT BE TRUSTED WITH SURCHARGE MONEY! JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE PONZI SCHEME CALLED SOCIAL SECURITY!