2022 Dallas Cowboys

Dak showing that he still isn’t worth the money tonight.  He’s got a 13-20 record in his career against teams that finished the season with a winning record.  I’ll give him credit for being one of the best QBs of all time against the prevent when he’s down 3 scores late, and also a very good stat sheet stuffer against bad defenses.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 6:15 AM, bullets13 said:

You give Romo a defense close to this good during his prime and he wins multiple rings.  

True. A better offensive line would have helped tremendously. When the Cowboys went 11-5 in 2009 and had to beat the Eagles 3 times (if my memory serves me correctly) they got stomped by Minnesota’s defense. Romo had absolutely no chance in the game. But, you are correct, defense always wins championships.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Rush is NOT a better qb than Dak, but he’s certainly showing how much Dak was overpaid 

Rush is getting all the reps with the first string. I would think offenses are scaled back for a backup, so maybe they should do that for Dak. Just play within the system instead of trying to resemble the Harlem Globetrotters. 

This Dallas pass rush is terrifying.  The defense is responsible for the 4-1 record.  They’ve allowed 5 touchdowns in 5 games.  That’s pretty insane.  They haven’t played weak teams this year.  Tom Brady, the two teams from last year’s Super Bowl, and the giants, who are 4-1.  Rush has filled in well, but he’s nothing but a game manager.  Give him credit for not turning the ball over, but 4 touchdowns in 4 1/2 games is not great.  If Dak comes back and can even be pretty good, this team can make some noise 

50 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

This Dallas pass rush is terrifying.  The defense is responsible for the 4-1 record.  They’ve allowed 5 touchdowns in 5 games.  That’s pretty insane.  They haven’t played weak teams this year.  Tom Brady, the two teams from last year’s Super Bowl, and the giants, who are 4-1.  Rush has filled in well, but he’s nothing but a game manager.  Give him credit for not turning the ball over, but 4 touchdowns in 4 1/2 games is not great.  If Dak comes back and can even be pretty good, this team can make some noise 

Could have been worse if Parsons hadn't been held on every play. Even injured he couldn’t be stopped. The blind side hit on Rush by Ramsey was to the head, with no flag. Wouldn’t have changed the outcome, in hindsight, but the roughing the passer call for Stafford was a bit cheesy. He’s playing in the right town for that acting job. I would have gone for it on 4th instead of the FG, but maybe that’s why I’m not an NFL coach.

4 minutes ago, baddog said:

Could have been worse if Parsons hadn't been held on every play. Even injured he couldn’t be stopped. The blind side hit on Rush by Ramsey was to the head, with no flag. Wouldn’t have changed the outcome, in hindsight, but the roughing the passer call for Stafford was a bit cheesy. He’s playing in the right town for that acting job. I would have gone for it on 4th instead of the FG, but maybe that’s why I’m not an NFL coach.

My thinking on that field goal is this:  your defense has only allowed one touchdown all game.  If you go for it and fail, LA wins with a touch down and a fg.  If you kick the field goal, they need two touchdowns in 5 1/2 minutes to win.  I agreed with the call in that particular scenario.  

8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

My thinking on that field goal is this:  your defense has only allowed one touchdown all game.  If you go for it and fail, LA wins with a touch down and a fg.  If you kick the field goal, they need two touchdowns in 5 1/2 minutes to win.  I agreed with the call in that particular scenario.  

Yes, I did the math too and was willing to count on my defense to hold them deep in their own territory regardless. It was a question of momentum and Dallas had it at the time.