BH vs Crosby

BHFAN

BH vs Crosby  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So what you're highlighting is that BH lost to Crosby in every major boys sport? We already knew that. Crosby is also a couple of years removed from a 4x100 boys state championship, something BH will never ever sniff. 

Just because 14.3, 4 or 5 couldn’t hack it in One Act Play doesn’t mean it’s not Major😂

26 minutes ago, THS99 said:

Those are nice results and all, but lets not forget that this is Texas and football is king.  BH does have the edge in mostly everything else, but people will keep chirping until they start beating Crosby in football.  However, with all the SH99 related development that is happening in the Mont Belvieu area, the clock on Crosby's football dominance could be ticking.

Depending on how you want to look at it BH is either in a better or worse situation than Crosby. Yes, their increasing growth rate will naturally bring them more talent. On the other hand if that rate continues to increase it's going to get BH to 6A faster than they're probably ready for in the boys sports. The 5A-D1 cap is only 2,222 right now. Crosby will be over 2,100 at the next realignment and BH should be 100+ students larger than Crosby. BH could potentially go 6A at the next realignment without an increase in the enrollment cap, both Crosby and BH will be 6A by the '26 realignment though. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Depending on how you want to look at it BH is either in a better or worse situation than Crosby. Yes, their increasing growth rate will naturally bring them more talent. On the other hand if that rate continues to increase it's going to get BH to 6A faster than they're probably ready for in the boys sports. The 5A-D1 cap is only 2,222 right now. Crosby will be over 2,100 at the next realignment and BH should be 100+ students larger than Crosby. BH could potentially go 6A at the next realignment without an increase in the enrollment cap, both Crosby and BH will be 6A by the '26 realignment though. 

Me and @Austin1985 was literally just talking about this yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Just because 14.3, 4 or 5 couldn’t hack it in One Act Play doesn’t mean it’s not Major😂

I would be surprised if they couldn't with some of the stories those boys come up with. We were out there on Bolivar tattooing the redfish in the surf Saturday night and 14.4 links up with about a 40" bull. He landed him, took some pics and released him. He goes back to the cooler to get a shrimp comes back with is $300 Lews set up broken in half and told me the fish did it, smh. 

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The growth projections for BH are astronomical.  They will definitely be 6A sooner rather than later and I think there will be a learning curve for the boys sports (girls should be okay), but the correction shouldn't take too much time to occur. 

1 hour ago, THS99 said:

The growth projections for BH are astronomical.  They will definitely be 6A sooner rather than later and I think there will be a learning curve for the boys sports (girls should be okay), but the correction shouldn't take too much time to occur. 

I think BH is going to need to be up around 3,200 to really compete in 6A in the boys sports and Crosby needs to be somewhere around 2,800 before they can. If you notice, CEK didn't really get good when they moved up until they reached right around the 3k enrollment mark. 

I don’t think the numbers are as important of a factor as the longevity in a class. As I have witnessed BH’s growth they have these growing pains because they are growing at such a fast pace. Crosby and Dayton hung around the same number forever before Crosby started to grow. BH during that time started at half the enrollment or more then caught them and passed them. That’s a ton of adjustment for anyone. We will eventually catch up, but  the population need to level out.

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Kept who in check? Crosby scored 53 points on BH last year. It was obvious y'all didn't have FBS players on your defense. On the offensive side the only reason y'all kept it close is because of the two FBS player at receiver who won't be suiting up while the other won't be starting. 

I really think we’re giving Hill to much credit for the success at WR against Crosby.  Every play that Herndon scored on was a corner blitz with the safety cheating over. WR 6’3 corner 5’11  its a no brainer once the CB stayed home it was a wrap. They caught CHS DC off guard  by having some talent at that position. TC watched the film and shut that ish down. 

20 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

I really think we’re giving Hill to much credit for the success at WR against Crosby.  Every play that Herndon scored on was a corner blitz with the safety cheating over. WR 6’3 corner 5’11  its a no brainer once the CB stayed home it was a wrap. They caught CHS DC off guard  by having some talent at that position. TC watched the film and shut that ish down. 

Too much credit for the 6'4 Wrs who run 4.5s? Good lord can you not be objective at all.  

1 hour ago, Steven Avery said:

Too much credit for the 6'4 Wrs who run 4.5s? Good lord can you not be objective at all.  

Where was that against Texas City? Did he shrink? Don’t get me wrong his speed and size is formidable but can also be mitigated. By the time CHS decided to take him away he was 3 Td’s in. And then after that nothing.

2 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Where was that against Texas City? Did he shrink? Don’t get me wrong his speed and size is formidable but can also be mitigated. By the time CHS decided to take him away he was 3 Td’s in. And then after that nothing.

Qb had a terrible game against Tc.  Looked pretty good against png and Nederland though not to mention vs FBM

How we ever win in Barbers Hill is beyond me. Crosby freshman A probably had 15 penalties for 140 yards to BH’s two penalties for 10 yards. It was so bad the BH fans were saying “I hope we have the same refs tomorrow”, smh. 

Two ds called back. BH gets gifted a first down on roughing the passer because we hit him to hard, smh. Man it’s ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

BH JV won 19-18

That should be kind of concerning because y’all used to smash us on the lower levels. JV squeaked by with a one point win while two of the best ‘25 kids in Texas at their positions are on varsity. I didn’t see any impact sophomores on BH’s varsity when I was comparing film to the roster this week. Not saying JV scores are insignificant but your varsity studs usually never play JV. 

Maybe BH beats Crosby’s freshman A team of Davis plays but that would require the QB to be able to get it to him. I will say that BH either has some large enrollment lower classes or very high participation rates. BH is huge size wise in the lower classes but I think they’re going to take a step back skill wise for two or three years after that ‘24 class graduates. Kids can always develop though. 

BH already looks like a 6A school size and numbers wise in that freshman class. You can always tell the difference in classes at the good schools because of how many big guys they have and BH has a lot more big guys than Crosby down there. Crosby still has more general talent but size matters. 

18 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That should be kind of concerning because y’all used to smash us on the lower levels. JV squeaked by with a one point win while two of the best ‘25 kids in Texas at their positions are on varsity. I didn’t see any impact sophomores on BH’s varsity when I was comparing film to the roster this week. Not saying JV scores are insignificant but your varsity studs usually never play JV. 

Maybe BH beats Crosby’s freshman A team of Davis plays but that would require the QB to be able to get it to him. I will say that BH either has some large enrollment lower classes or very high participation rates. BH is huge size wise in the lower classes but I think they’re going to take a step back skill wise for two or three years after that ‘24 class graduates. Kids can always develop though. 

BH already looks like a 6A school size and numbers wise in that freshman class. You can always tell the difference in classes at the good schools because of how many big guys they have and BH has a lot more big guys than Crosby down there. Crosby still has more general talent but size matters. 

I know the Sophomore class has 558 students. A couple more years and folks not gonna recognize BH. It’s changing and think you’ll see more athletes popping up in BH. Hopefully, we stay out 6A until we get the athletes to be able to compete. That’s a whole different beast.

19 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So what you're highlighting is that BH lost to Crosby in every major boys sport? We already knew that. Crosby is also a couple of years removed from a 4x100 boys state championship, something BH will never ever sniff. 

well we did win the sprint relay a few years ago, lol

1955-1956 B Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill   440 Yard Relay 41.94#*