Wos at Newton sept 16

lcm93

Will be an interesting matchup.   Talk about a meltdown…. If this new 4-2-5 defense can’t stop the Newton running game, it will get loud in WO.

I’m still going with WOS, Newton is young, and WOS should have the horses to win, despite lack of coaching.    Curious to see if the new DC can make adjustments and Coach these kids up.   

You know Newton will throw tons of formations at WOS to see if they can get lined up.   This is a game where the 50 defense and CT will be missed the most.

11 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

Wow. You guys are down on the Stangs early this year. It's hard to lose a legendary coach. The new coach doesn't do it the way it's been done forever.  Give him some time to put his stamp on the program.  Sometimes change is hard.......but it's better. 

Ik u have a point. But, u can't just come in and just change everything kids have learned there whole life and expect them to know it in a few months.impossible.u setting them up to fail.

46 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

Wow. You guys are down on the Stangs early this year. It's hard to lose a legendary coach. The new coach doesn't do it the way it's been done forever.  Give him some time to put his stamp on the program.  Sometimes change is hard.......but it's better. 

You do have a valid point but right now the way our defense has played the last 2 games is definitely nothing anywhere remotely close to traditional Mustang football. We always hang our hats on defense. We’ve given up 9 tds in 2 games. I’ve seen entire seasons where we barely give up 9 all year. The new DC came from Westbrook where he had horrible defenses the last few years and now he’s trying to change the way we’ve played defense for decades.  I’m really hoped they get things ironed out, but right now it’s leaving a lot of folks scratching their heads and asking why???

1 hour ago, GATA! said:

I would like to hear more. Who is who?

PNG spanked WOS.  Newton does not have the the ball club PNG has.  So, just saying that WOS is not automatically the underdog because of the way they looked against PNG.  The statement was for those that might think they are the underdog because of they way they looked against PNG!