Port Neches-Groves (27) @ West Orange-Stark (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

WOS has something that many here are forgetting. It's called genetics. They and Newton have some of the best athletic genes in this area. They will always be competitive. They have earned the title of best team in the area and it would take a long time to take that away. This is just a game with a new coach and a new system.  As I said before this is the team of the last however long you wanna go back no single game will take that away. 

In 2015 Jack Dallas was their third option at qb got them a ring. That’s not genetics alone, that’s a system.

You can’t win with athleticism, hard work, or coaching alone… it’s a combo. It’s not luck that LCM picked up Peevey and started playing actual ball. 

WOS will be good, but great is still a big question mark. New coach has some big shoes to fill and my money says that WOS fans will regret hiring a coach solely based on a single qualification that has nothing to do with scheme. 

16 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

In 2015 Jack Dallas was their third option at qb got them a ring. That’s not genetics alone, that’s a system.

You can’t win with athleticism, hard work, or coaching alone… it’s a combo. It’s not luck that LCM picked up Peevey and started playing actual ball. 

WOS will be good, but great is still a big question mark. New coach has some big shoes to fill and my money says that WOS fans will regret hiring a coach solely based on a single qualification that has nothing to do with scheme. 

2014 Jack was third and played for a championship,2015 was all his

5 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

IMO C.T. would not have won this game neither. PNG was just too big for us to contend with. The boys PNG have were big, and very well conditioned. They never got tired. They dragged our boys like rag dolls  give me a break . We (WOS) will be fine!! We were good to hold them down to 27 points.

Sadly mistaken

The reason wos fans are pissed off is cause expectations are high every year. Not like the other school around here. Wos had expectations to getting to the state championship every year. While other teams in the area are satisfied by just winning a district championship. I see why wos fans are furious right now. Cause they haven't played like a team that has a chance to make it to state this year 

12 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

The reason wos fans are pissed off is cause expectations are high every year. Not like the other school around here. Wos had expectations to getting to the state championship every year. While other teams in the area are satisfied by just winning a district championship. I see why wos fans are furious right now. Cause they haven't played like a team that has a chance to make it to state this year 

Uh huh 💯 

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I truly believe everything u said.i would luv to see everyone succeed.but, all I see is the same thing we saw a Nederland last year. Just confusion.this system has been in place since 1980/1981. And it has proven that it works.NO ur not gonna win every state title but at least it gives u a shot!! And now u change the whole defense and offense.ik both sides of the ball has learning curves.but, at the same time u hire an inexperienced coach.i truly believe that we have bitten off more than we can chew.

34 minutes ago, dj said:

I truly believe everything u said.i would luv to see everyone succeed.but, all I see is the same thing we saw a Nederland last year. Just confusion.this system has been in place since 1980/1981. And it has proven that it works.NO ur not gonna win every state title but at least it gives u a shot!! And now u change the whole defense and offense.ik both sides of the ball has learning curves.but, at the same time u hire an inexperienced coach.i truly believe that we have bitten off more than we can chew.

I hope it doesn’t come off like I’m wishing bad outcomes on Coach Hickman… my irritation is directed at the admin and people in the community who used everything available (including unproven claims of racism by CT) to make the swap. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I hope it doesn’t come off like I’m wishing bad outcomes on Coach Hickman… my irritation is directed at the admin and people in the community who used everything available (including unproven claims of racism by CT) to make the swap. 

It only takes a unproven accusation now days to  lose your job. Welcome to the state of the country. 

4 hours ago, Sportsguy17 said:

When you're the winningest program in the state of Texas I get it too

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

No I understand completely.

I been with a few of the players tonite.ik at film today how mad the D/C got mad and broke his key board bcz of what they saw on tape.they weren't even lined up in the proper defense all nite. To made things worse.but what would he expect from kids that's been running a 50 there whole life.smh, I see a lot of growing pains coming.ik I didn't see this coming.

10 minutes ago, dj said:

I been with a few of the players tonite.ik at film today how mad the D/C got mad and broke his key board bcz of what they saw on tape.they weren't even lined up in the proper defense all nite. To made things worse.but what would he expect from kids that's been running a 50 there whole life.smh, I see a lot of growing pains coming.ik I didn't see this coming.

Isn't this why they have coaches in the press box to identify this type of stuff and correct it?  

WO-S will be fine this year.   They will go 3-4 rounds deep, and most likely roll through district.   The fans will walk back off the edge of the cliff, and get a false sense of security.

What happens 2 and 3 years down the road, when the Hooks and Thompson influence on the program is further removed, how will the program be?   How disciplined and tough will they be?

If anyone believes the DC that came over from Westbrook will carry over the same tradition and style of play, while removing the 50 defense, then they will believe anything.

Look at the defensive  results from those Westbrook teams.   I have ZERO faith that this guy will be able implement and teach a new scheme.

32 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

WO-S will be fine this year.   They will go 3-4 rounds deep, and most likely roll through district.   The fans will walk back off the edge of the cliff, and get a false sense of security.

What happens 2 and 3 years down the road, when the Hooks and Thompson influence on the program is further removed, how will the program be?   How disciplined and tough will they be?

If anyone believes the DC that came over from Westbrook will carry over the same tradition and style of play, while removing the 50 defense, then they will believe anything.

Look at the defensive  results from those Westbrook teams.   I have ZERO faith that this guy will be able implement and teach a new scheme.

Why wasn’t the DC retained that’s been with the program that produced one of the stingiest defenses in Texas over the last 20 or 30 years?

I believe your concern about the next 2 or 3 years is legit,  an I don’t believe it’s gonna be pretty.

59 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

I totally agree !! He is trying to force something on kids thats 15,16,17 yrs old. And want them to change everything they known since they started football.he is not a proving winner.on either side of the ball u just can't change everything.where have either coordinator ever won.i look at teams like png,lcm,silsbee.these kids are been coached!! They have a talented team and think they can just win on that. We're not going no 3 or 4 rounds deep.wait til they meet a well coached team.