Port Neches-Groves (27) @ West Orange-Stark (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

I think wos will get it together defensively. At least they're getting exposed now instead of the playoffs. As far as the offense gose as long as you can stop there run game. They don't have nothing. Looks like alot of people not in the right position on offense. They need to get a deep pass game going. And give whatever qb they use the best talent to throw to. I can't understand why shaw ain't lined up out wide. He's 6'2" built like a wr. And judge has barely been out there til late in this game. They need to use this time against some of the weaker teams there gonna be playing to get the qb on rythem with his wr's

4 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

They need to use this time against some of the weaker teams there gonna be playing to get the qb on rythem with his wr's

Weaker teams? Not here. Up 2 divs vs png and Ned. Up 1 div vs ranked lcm. Next week, down 2 divs Newton. They ranked too.

That time was in the summer with 7 on 7.

You are right, they need to utilize some players better. 

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Weaker teams? Not here. Up 2 divs vs png and Ned. Up 1 div vs ranked lcm. Next week, down 2 divs Newton. They ranked too.

That time was in the summer with 7 on 7.

You are right, they need to utilize some players better. 

I was talking about when they get in district after the Silsbee game. All the games after that it's pretty weak 

48 minutes ago, outanup said:

First things first , Congrats and props to the Injuns. They will have something to say in who wins our district. With that said , this WOS team isn't what we are accustomed too. I could be wrong but , this could be a spin the Stangs wont shake. Cordell's leadership is and will be missed...Choices.

I agree 100%. I was hoping after all the confusion in LCM game they would have something figured out.but, now totally confused.like the first possession of the game ur in man to man.shaw gets the int easily.then u started trying to show them different schemes.ur not confusing them.ur getting ur team out of position.and it's bad when the LBS not leading the team in tackles.there guessing.w.o isn't gonna win a state title every year.but at least they could give themselves an opportunity.i don't see it.

Give the new guy some time WOS fans.  When was the last time a HS had back to back HOF coaches with long tenures?  Most schools would love ONE in their history.  You guys have had a hall of famer in the head set for over 40 friggin years.  Hickman may be just fine.  But bottom line is it was almost going to be impossible for the Mustangs not to miss a beat.  All coaches are not created equal and legends don’t grow on trees. 

And congrats to PNG.  Hope this is more about how tough the Indians are vs WOS taking a step back.  Certainly looks like the Indian defense has had a major makeover which is exciting.  Man some of the teams recently with a stellar defense could have really made some runs…

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Give the new guy some time WOS fans.  When was the last time a HS had back to back HOF coaches with long tenures?  Most schools would love ONE in their history.  You guys have had a hall of famer in the head set for over 40 friggin years.  Hickman may be just fine.  But bottom line is it was almost going to be impossible for the Mustangs not to miss a beat.  All coaches are not created equal and legends don’t grow on trees. 

And congrats to PNG.  Hope this is more about how tough the Indians are vs WOS taking a step back.  Certainly looks like the Indian defense has had a major makeover which is exciting.  Man some of the teams recently with a stellar defense could have really made some runs…

THIS

WO-S will be just fine. A little growing pains, yes, but the talent will eventually shine through.

Man don't even know what to say, PNGS BIG O LINE  just opened up the holes all night. Defense played lights out. Offensively Tommy Reed runs hard and with reckless abandonment. He threw a stiff arm tonight  that was unbelievable.  The Adam's kid is making his own statement as well 4 tds tonight. We have another kid just waiting to shine at rb as well. The Chatangier kid Blair, is the son of non other than Ron Chatangier who needs no introduction at all. It's gonna be a fun year alot of football to be played. It's nice to see the kids playing defense. The offense getting better  too. Good luck to WOS nothing but respect for you program . Yall will regroup.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I know if I was coming in to a school behind 2 HOF coaches the first thing I would do is get the best coordinators I can and not change a thing them old heads been doing…at least not until I knew it would transition…Newton,Silsbee,Jasper all wants a piece of what PNG got so we’ll see how it goes from here!!

9 hours ago, OC07 said:

To be blunt: RIP WOS your done. You got what the supt wanted, and your done, it will never be the same!!!!

WOS has something that many here are forgetting. It's called genetics. They and Newton have some of the best athletic genes in this area. They will always be competitive. They have earned the title of best team in the area and it would take a long time to take that away. This is just a game with a new coach and a new system.  As I said before this is the team of the last however long you wanna go back no single game will take that away.