Lumberton Raider Fan Perspective

RaiderFan4life

Someone, anyone,  PLEASE explain to me why the Lumberton Raiders have more overall talent on the defensive line than we’ve seen in 10+ years aren’t rushing the QB. To be more precise, why are the ends dropping back into coverage and aren’t covering anyone ?! Not that they can’t physically cover a potential receiver or a running back coming out of backfield. They’re dropping back and no one is even there. In turn, there’s no outside containment ! Screw the zone ! OR play some outside backers and let the ends play the end. To be clear, this is not the players faults. This is the defensive scheme and the plays that are being called. In my opinion, the game against HF shouldn’t have been a close game.  It should have been a complete blowout.  We were twice the size of those kids, had twice the numbers with more team speed. Not to take anything away from HF, that team never gave up and kept coming at us. Seriously ! And one more thing, Offensive Line: DO YOUR JOB AND STAY ON YOUR GUY UNTIL THE WHISTLE BLOWS ! Have some pride and realize the talent that you have at the specialty positions. Don’t get much better than what we’ve got! Unless some major changes are made it ain’t looking good Raider fans. 

Are you sure you are talking about the defensive ends dropping into coverage or the outside linebackers?  I have seen Lumberton play this year and they run a 3-4 on defense.  If they were dropping their ends, then they would only be rushing 1 player.  I know against HF, they sent a lot of pressure, just couldn't get to QB.

6 minutes ago, setxasfan said:

Are you sure you are talking about the defensive ends dropping into coverage or the outside linebackers?  I have seen Lumberton play this year and they run a 3-4 on defense.  If they were dropping their ends, then they would only be rushing 1 player.  I know against HF, they sent a lot of pressure, just couldn't get to QB.

Their ends are probably in a 4i and he doesn't realize and thinks the OLBs are actually ends.... I've never seen Lumberton play, but I bet I just solved the puzzle lol

7 hours ago, RaiderFan4life said:

Someone, anyone,  PLEASE explain to me why the Lumberton Raiders have more overall talent on the defensive line than we’ve seen in 10+ years aren’t rushing the QB. To be more precise, why are the ends dropping back into coverage and aren’t covering anyone ?! Not that they can’t physically cover a potential receiver or a running back coming out of backfield. They’re dropping back and no one is even there. In turn, there’s no outside containment ! Screw the zone ! OR play some outside backers and let the ends play the end. To be clear, this is not the players faults. This is the defensive scheme and the plays that are being called. In my opinion, the game against HF shouldn’t have been a close game.  It should have been a complete blowout.  We were twice the size of those kids, had twice the numbers with more team speed. Not to take anything away from HF, that team never gave up and kept coming at us. Seriously ! And one more thing, Offensive Line: DO YOUR JOB AND STAY ON YOUR GUY UNTIL THE WHISTLE BLOWS ! Have some pride and realize the talent that you have at the specialty positions. Don’t get much better than what we’ve got! Unless some major changes are made it ain’t looking good Raider fans. 

With all due respect, you may be confused on the front and the coverage. And they do have decent talent in the D line, but I don’t think it’s the best in the last 10 years. 

1 hour ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

I sure hope the staff reads this and gets their act together.  If only more fans with their vast wealth of knowledge could tell coaches what scheme to utilize....all would be right in this world.  

Quite sure the kids really appreciate the input as well.  

I would be willing to bet he coached junior league football at some time....

9 hours ago, RaiderFan4life said:

Maybe HF is pretty good themselves....... 🤷🏾‍♂️

I thought this was a basically open forum where THOUGHTS could be expressed? OMG its not like the guy dropped a bunch of F-bombs or called the coaches a bunch of nasty names. He said "Perspective and In my opinion". I have no idea if the guy is right or wrong, or somewhere in between, but shouldn't the guy get some latitude here?  

Some hear are WAY too sensitive. Heck I just got cussed by a very well known poster here and I didn't even blink. 

4 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I thought this was a basically open forum where THOUGHTS could be expressed? OMG its not like the guy dropped a bunch of F-bombs or called the coaches a bunch of nasty names. He said "Perspective and In my opinion". I have no idea if the guy is right or wrong, or somewhere in between, but shouldn't the guy get some latitude here?  

Some hear are WAY too sensitive. Heck I just got cussed by a very well known poster here and I didn't even blink. 

The thread and post still remains up so it's still an "open forum". But let's remember a very important fact. This website is independently owned and operated and rules and regulations are set by this owner and carried out by the moderators. This is not a democratic authority. Posts can and will be removed if deemed necessary. So the term "open forum" is not exactly accurate. You may need to look at forum rules a little more closely.

As for this particular thread, if someone makes a thread with this type subject matter, one should expect feedback, both positive and negative.

17 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

When a statement is made attempting to actually sound knowledgeable about Football tactics/techniques/positions, but instead outs themselves as the complete opposite, it is worthy of the negative feedback. 

18 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

In most situations where someone is questioning strategy, tactics, etc...I would fully be on board with your thoughts.  However, this individual slammed people fairly hard including my biggest issue.  That issue is the claim on a public forum that 5 (o- limeman) that are teenagers have no pride in their task/job/themselves.  

I may be wrong here, but sure has the appearance of a skill players parent possibly staring problems in a program that has historically struggled and has made strides to improve over the past decade or so.  Complete unnecessary and devisive.  I may be wrong, but it sure reads that way to me and apparently in some ways to others as well. 

Could have been asked/stated in a much better manner, especially in a first post.  Again, I may be wrong, but this screams, "I'm a fecal matter stirring inividual."

7 hours ago, _4_0_9_ said:

When a statement is made attempting to actually sound knowledgeable about Football tactics/techniques/positions, but instead outs themselves as the complete opposite, it is worthy of the negative feedback. 

Is that really what happened? Two very knowledgable people can view the exact same game and come up with diametrically opposed OPINIONS. Last night ESPN was breaking down Bills QB Josh Allen. Four commentators split evenly, two said JA "runs too much and takes too many hits". The other two said JA "has to run because thats an important part of what makes JA a great QB". 

So, among these experts, who was right? Should someone just decide two of the four are wrong in their opinions and be should cancled for expressing an OPINION?  Does this forum have rules limiting discussion to only those deemed "knowledgeable"? 

Maybe it is your opinion that the poster "outed himself" but who gets to decide that?   

On 9/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

As for this particular thread, if someone makes a thread with this type subject matter, one should expect feedback, both positive and negative.

I didn't see alot of "both positive and negative feedback" for the poster in question. Pretty much a pile on.

Speaking of name calling, thats against the rules too but sometimes I don't see the ones who call others names called out. Same with coach bashing. I see some eternally critical of certain coaches and apparently they get a pass. I am sure the owners of the site would support fair, consistant, and even handed applications of the forum rules. I am all for it!       

Raiderfan4life made some very interesting observations and is not far off from reality. The fact that Lumberton came in with really high expectations and appear to be under performing, is cause for concern. I attended the HF game and saw a team that did not play with much passion and sense of urgency, players and coaches alike. My guess is Lumberton will be just fine once district starts and will finish 2nd or 3rd, LCM will win the district.

• 1 month later...

The original point was completely taken out of context by a few of you football geniuses. We have a guy who is being heavily recruited as an edge rusher and wasn’t being used as such. Adjustments were made defensively. Outside containment was much much better and defensive front was dominant. The O line was spectacular throughout district play. Overall best offense I’ve seen at Lumberton. Very impressed with the coaching staff. Some of y’all should have stayed in truck.