Nederland (21) @ Port Arthur Memorial (42) FINAL

jdawg03

PA looked good. Not as good as I thought they would after hearing the score of last week. They definitely got some things to work on  , on both sides of the ball. I'd like to see everyone accept #5 run harder. They are going to be a good team again this year, hope they make a deep run.

Nederland has got some solid pieces. Barrow has to out them together. I dont think from what we've seen of #12 at qb would make any sort of difference other than being able run. #9 had time last night. The Oline made huge improvements, the defense improved, #13 looked like he ran much harder than he did last week, I'd like to see #1 in there to! You gotta have your best players on the field, split the backfield if need be. An there has to be opportunities given to the players that are next up if the ones on the field aint gettin it done. Quarterback is the issue obviously, but the boy can throw! Just can't hit a sitting bus. I dont know what they are gonna have to do to improve his accuracy dramatically but they better figure something out quick because the morale of the team for the year is at stake. 7 interceptions is unacceptable to a high degree and if these boys think they have no chance because of this QB, no matter how good everyone else plays then losing will become accepted. Bulldogs are not playing tough, and with heart until the end of the game already. That has to change. With all that being said though, there were some more positives to take away than there were last week, and I think they surprised some people last night in the first half. But its got to be all the way through till the final buzzer. But who am I, just my opinion. 

9 hours ago, Brubaker said:

Make that QB change and you’ll get a lot worse in the secondary, so there’s that as well.  Only so many players to go around and they’re trying to figure It out

But losing help in the secondary and getting better at QB is well worth it.  Even if we goto a run first offense … with an athletic qb we could run an effective bootleg and play action along with the QB leaving the pocket when needed.  Secondary will be ok just be next man up. 

36 minutes ago, PABorn said:

PA looked good. Not as good as I thought they would after hearing the score of last week. They definitely got some things to work on  , on both sides of the ball. I'd like to see everyone accept #5 run harder. They are going to be a good team again this year, hope they make a deep run.

Nederland has got some solid pieces. Barrow has to out them together. I dont think from what we've seen of #12 at qb would make any sort of difference other than being able run. #9 had time last night. The Oline made huge improvements, the defense improved, #13 looked like he ran much harder than he did last week, I'd like to see #1 in there to! You gotta have your best players on the field, split the backfield if need be. An there has to be opportunities given to the players that are next up if the ones on the field aint gettin it done. Quarterback is the issue obviously, but the boy can throw! Just can't hit a sitting bus. I dont know what they are gonna have to do to improve his accuracy dramatically but they better figure something out quick because the morale of the team for the year is at stake. 7 interceptions is unacceptable to a high degree and if these boys think they have no chance because of this QB, no matter how good everyone else plays then losing will become accepted. Bulldogs are not playing tough, and with heart until the end of the game already. That has to change. With all that being said though, there were some more positives to take away than there were last week, and I think they surprised some people last night in the first half. But its got to be all the way through till the final buzzer. But who am I, just my opinion. 

I'm just going to call it like I see it on offense Hubert Thomas needs to be the centerpiece of this team he is a good rb. While improved from last year the Offensive Line troubles continue. Finally the QB, honestly I like Trosclair's arm but then I think to myself what would Uncle Larry do if his QB threw 7INTs and the only answer I could come up with is riding the bench atleast for a week anyway. He needs individual attention to work on his accuracy and its just not happening...

The receivers they have are solid. They are beating the corners more times than not. Problem is, we don't even know if they can catch. #3 beat WOS D1 #2 commit all night last week but couldn't get a pass anywhere near him unless it was a screen. #4 seems like he can't get on the same page as the QB on there option routes. Im so tired of seeing that screen crap all game long. I was proud of the Oline last night, they held up pretty nice. Im hoping that the real game reps are improving our QB. Trying to be optimistic. 

From my view NED needs all the help it can get secondary wise. …. (Or are Pam WRs that good) NED needs to find a answer at qb (Regardless) bad first half from Titans coaches and kids have to perform for all 4 quarters … If no change in qb for NED run the ball (The nicest way I can put it).. my lady friend asked why he keep throwing the ball to us…. A W is a W hopefully this is a wake up call for a PAM rankings don’t matter you have to go out there dominate. All 4 quarters 

14 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

From my view NED needs all the help it can get secondary wise. …. (Or are Pam WRs that good) NED needs to find a answer at qb (Regardless) bad first half from Titans coaches and kids have to perform for all 4 quarters … If no change in qb for NED run the ball (The nicest way I can put it).. my lady friend asked why he keep throwing the ball to us…. A W is a W hopefully this is a wake up call for a PAM rankings don’t matter you have to go out there dominate. All 4 quarters 

The kids will be locked in for Porter week after next. Trust me. 

Nederland is a good team, just couldn't get outta their own damn way. 

3 hours ago, PABorn said:

Who's #69 dlineman for Nederland? 

2 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Nederland is not even close to a good team. Will end up anywhere from 2-8 to 0-10

will not start winning again until they change coaching staffs

fundam weak and a ton of penalties 

They are close. They have lots of pieces that have to be put in the right spots. Everything has to improve. From coaching to playing to the band! Lol. 

But improve they did. Last week noone would have thought they would have went in tied at the half. You sound like a disgruntled ormer player or disgruntled parent. 

3 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

I was actually fine with the game last night.  7 INT'S,  not sure about that.  I don't know what Monty sees in this kid (QB).  Looks like a QB, throws good.  He sees something in this kid.  Tough Memorial team we played.  The Silsbee game will be another test. 

Go Sophomores.  

I wonder what he looks like in practice. Like is he accurate at practice and then just can't collect himself in the games or is he so inaccurate at practice to? 12 didnt seem to be able to throw the ball anybetter though. He may be the best of bad options. 

5 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

I was actually fine with the game last night.  7 INT'S,  not sure about that.  I don't know what Monty sees in this kid (QB).  Looks like a QB, throws good.  He sees something in this kid.  Tough Memorial team we played.  The Silsbee game will be another test. 

Go Sophomores.  

He sees the same thing I see good arm strength but he has no accuracy with his throws and that's a problem 

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Exactly!!!! I’ll take the W, but that first half is the reason we sit at home first rd

10 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

So dismiss the 2nd half? Got it. 

I’m gonna be real with ya… had Nederland had some type of qb, u might be on here speaking MUCH different. Essentially with how young and inexperienced the dogs are, we played a JV squad that happens to have to play varsity and they gave u all u can handle in the first qtr and to be honest, I think got gassed and frustrated in the second half. Minus the pick 6 which was basically thrown in the end zone lol, we scored only TWICE in the second half against a sophomore laden team. Again I’ll take the win, but the HYPE around this PAM team, this game SHOULD have been over at halftime 

5 minutes ago, pakronos said:

I’m gonna be real with ya… had Nederland had some type of qb, u might be on here speaking MUCH different. Essentially with how young and inexperienced the dogs are, we played a JV squad that happens to have to play varsity and they gave u all u can handle in the first qtr and to be honest, I think got gassed and frustrated in the second half. Minus the pick 6 which was basically thrown in the end zone lol, we scored only TWICE in the second half against a sophomore laden team. Again I’ll take the win, but the HYPE around this PAM team, this game SHOULD have been over at halftime 

In the end we made adjustments at the half and won and came out healthy. 

We needed that game to wake up. Press clippings bruh, kids read em. 

Btw I agree with you: should have had the game over at the half. Ned came to play. 

8 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Titans are rough around the edges. And like I said after hearing the png score against them I thought they were going to look alot better than that. Yes they ended the game with 7 ints but they were handed to them. None of them were contested. They were thrown in their bread basket. I think its a totally different game if there was an inkling of accuracy. Think of how much the defense was on the field for nederland. 

1 minute ago, PABorn said:

Titans are rough around the edges. And like I said after hearing the png score against them I thought they were going to look alot better than that. Yes they ended the game with 7 ints but they were handed to them. None of them were contested. They were thrown in their bread basket. I think its a totally different game if there was an inkling of accuracy. Think of how much the defense was on the field for nederland. 

Yes sir!!!it’s bad when fans don’t look behind the curtain and see all the stuff that’s bad!! I’m gonna be called a bad fan and y’all all know what you can do lol, but sitting at the game, our fans so dumb, they complained about the scores not being correct and got really upset and said it was cheating going on… ITS YOUR STADIUM AND OWN PEOPLE OPERATING THE BOARD!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

In the end we made adjustments at the half and won and came out healthy. 

We needed that game to wake up. Press clippings bruh, kids read em. 

Btw I agree with you: should have had the game over at the half. Ned came to play. 

Coaches need to tell them they ain’t ish and need to work harder!!!! Give little praise to keep that ego in check!!! I’ll tell the qb good job throwing for 300 yards, but u need to not throw pics and do things better