West Orange-Stark (38) @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (32) FINAL

WOSdrummer99

IF WOS EVER puts some serious emphasis in the QB position (Like they do defense) they would be almost unbeatable. The QB position has ALWAYS been an overlooked position at WOS. I mean serious development (Westlake style)...this school would be absolutely scary to play. Athletes EVERYWHERE!!!

2 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

IF WOS EVER puts some serious emphasis in the QB position (Like they do defense) they would be almost unbeatable. The QB position has ALWAYS been an overlooked position at WOS. I mean serious development (Westlake style)...this school would be absolutely scary to play.

Huh????

3 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

IF WOS EVER puts some serious emphasis in the QB position (Like they do defense) they would be almost unbeatable. The QB position has ALWAYS been an overlooked position at WOS. I mean serious development (Westlake style)...this school would be absolutely scary to play. Athletes EVERYWHERE!!!

I’m sure coaches throughout the years of WOS realize the importance of the QB.  Not everyone has the talent pool and resources of an Austin Westlake.

7 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Even if they made all their kicks they still lose. WOS 4 out of 5 on 2 pt conversions.

That would have changed the entire complexion of the game.  Whoever is in charge of lcm special teams has to do better.  And at some point someone should have said to heck with trying to kick!  Those kids played good enough to win that game!

On another note, the Cards will have covid for the weeks against wos and lcm.

9 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

Have you seriously followed WOS over the years? 

4 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

I’m sure coaches throughout the years of WOS realize the importance of the QB.  Not everyone has the talent pool and resources of an Austin Westlake.

I played at WOS...they do not put a lot of emphasis on it like schools are now. WOS has always been a defensive juggernaut. That's why they put the best athletes on defense. QB position at WOS has always been who can execute what we call and understand where everyone is supposed to be...that's it. Every now and then a "Jack Dallas" comes through and 4 in a row happens.

1 minute ago, Charles in Charge said:

That would have changed the entire complexion of the game.  Whoever is in charge of lcm special teams has to do better.  And at some point someone should have said to heck with trying to kick!  Those kids played good enough to win that game!

On another note, the Cards will have covid for the weeks against wos and lcm.

Sounds like LCM came prepared, while WOS was not. 

6 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

I played at WOS...they do not put a lot of emphasis on it like schools are now. WOS has always been a defensive juggernaut. That's why they put the best athletes on defense. QB position at WOS has always been who can execute what we call and understand where everyone is supposed to be...that's it. Every now and then a "Jack Dallas" comes through and 4 in a row happens.

Or 3 in a row and another guy gets there for #4.  There were a couple of guys ahead of Jack that WOS was ready to ride with that were talented.  Yes, schools are putting more emphasis on it now as you allude to.  Because football overall is becoming very “offense first”.

WOS overlooked these guys  and it almost got them, but that is the sign of a great program (coming out flat and still able to beat a decent team).

WOS tightens things up and they are going to have a chance to play December football.

LCM played good football, 2 D1 players can sure cover up some issues, maybe they can tighten up some special teams problems and figure out how to beat the Pirates & Raiders this year for the district crown.  

Coach Hickman is star in the making, WOS fans need to be patient and enjoy the ride they are about to be on. 

1 minute ago, #1stangfan said:

Or 3 in a row and another guy gets there for #4.  There were a couple of guys ahead of Jack that WOS was ready to ride with that were talented.  Yes, schools are putting more emphasis on it now as you allude to.  Because football overall is becoming very “offense first”.

That's my point. I didn't say we never had decent guys...my point is they don't develop QB's. That's not a knock on WOS AT ALL! They're a defensive minded program and it has worked. But if you take a serious look throughout the history (recent) there are a few games that WOS could've won with better "developed" QB play...that's all. How is any of that a knock on WOS??

• jdawg03 changed the title to West Orange-Stark (38) @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (31) Final