Hampshire fannett at east chambers sept 2

lcm93

Surprised at how little "talk" this game is getting.  EC is a "mystery" ths year. Only one scrimmage and not much other than a "score" report from it on this site and a lopsided game against an opponent they have thoroughly dominated in scrimmages over the past years. 

No prediction here and again just find the lack of discussion a bit unusual. 

A very good friend of mine who follows the Raiders was very impressed with HF.  He wished the Raiders played with as much heart as HF had.  They were outmanned, outgunned and to small and still gave the Raiders all they wanted.  If that was a one-off EC probably wins.  If that’s a permanent mindset, HF should take it, and they’ll have a good season.  This game will tell us a lot.

19 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Surprised at how little "talk" this game is getting.  EC is a "mystery" ths year. Only one scrimmage and not much other than a "score" report from it on this site and a lopsided game against an opponent they have thoroughly dominated in scrimmages over the past years. 

Yeah.. hard to tell after they beat Kelly because Kelly is… well not good to be blunt. Nonetheless I think HF gets the W this week.

12 hours ago, PBP.Aa.ron said:

I think their run game will be fine. #4 Thibs and #16 Reeves looked really good.  More concerned about the pass game. 

I think you could trot just about anybody out there against Kelly and look really good.  I'd rather have my #1 from last year with 1200+ yds as a sophomore against a 4A rival.. just call me weird.  🙃 

On 8/30/2022 at 5:26 PM, myrecordwashorrible said:

A lot of the EC hype dissipated when the Beaumont kids who drove in daily to play for them left. 

Discussion should be limited because it causes some here to become triggered, so thats all I will say, but you are correct. 

36 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

A lot of the EC hype dissipated when the Beaumont kids who drove in daily to play for them left. 

Discussion should be limited because it causes some here to become triggered, so thats all I will say, but you are 

That may be the case, but as a former public school educator, I will state the following....If my child lived in Beaumont we would be in a car every morning traveling out to another district. When those options leave about 10 driving manageable districts that sure leaves EC as a viable option. 

I truly mean this...even if a high level D1 recruit, we are heading somewhere else. 

The word I got (and this was "third hand" info from my Tark friend, nothing more) is that he was super talented but too small to play Beaumont 5A or 6A ball, so instead wanted to star on a smaller 3A team. I hear you about the sorry BISD academics but there were closer districts. He literally had to drive though very viable Hamshire Fannett every day to get to Winnie. It was totally for football.      

Not trying to being argumentative or implying you are as well.  

I know nothing in detail about this specific situation, but will ask a hypothetical. 

If you were a kid with no connection to EC or HF, which would you choose in the present circumstances?   Facilities, turnover of coaching staff, etc.   It's just tough to choose HF over the past few years.  Now, that may be changing. 

However, I believe the young man you are referring to recently graduated and likely made the smartest move for himself.  

As an aside, I have tremendous historical connections to HF and in some ways its been sad to watch the demise of its athletic programs (and at times years ago I didn't mind it when coaching against them), but hope the new regime continues making the progress they have in the past few years.  

1 hour ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Not trying to being argumentative or implying you are as well.  

I know nothing in detail about this specific situation, but will ask a hypothetical. 

If you were a kid with no connection to EC or HF, which would you choose in the present circumstances?   Facilities, turnover of coaching staff, etc.   It's just tough to choose HF over the past few years. 

I don't take you as argumentative at all. I appreciate someone who can have a dialogue without it devolving. Thanks for seeing I am not argumentative either. 

To answer the question directly, it depends on what the motive was. The original premise stated was "he went to EC to get out of BISD academics". If that's so, then the viable choice just for "academics" would clearly been HF, because its closer, actually adjacent to Beaumont. Not as far to drive.

Now, was the young man an academician seeking higher learning, or was he a stud (but quite small) running back that could not start in 5A or 6A, and wanted to play and excel in a smaller class like 3A?