Newton at woodville sept 2

lcm93

Rather than make a wild prediction, I will ask the good folks from WOS, Bridge city and Franklin to give a honest opinion of what they think the outcome of this game will be. They are the only ones who have seen our team this year. My opinion is we want to win district and go 2 rounds in the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, longball24 said:

Rather than make a wild prediction, I will ask the good folks from WOS, Bridge city and Franklin to give a honest opinion of what they think the outcome of this game will be. They are the only ones who have seen our team this year. My opinion is we want to win district and go 2 rounds in the playoffs.

I haven’t seen either team play this year. But I would bet Newton would beat any team in your district. I’m sure that’s why their on your schedule. Keep the game with in a couple of scores + or - would be a good thing. 

On 8/29/2022 at 5:44 PM, longball24 said:

Woodville was a good team for a small school. It wasn't a cake walk of a scrimmage by no means. We definitely knew they were there. They came into Dan R Hooks stadium with the intention of gaining experience against one of the best in the state. Then getting more from Franklin. If WV wants to go deep and compete with the top tier, they're on the right track. Haven't seen, or even heard much about Newton. So based on solely reputation, IMO they should take this one. We play Newton in 2 weeks. Is there any broadcast of this game?

On 8/29/2022 at 5:30 PM, purpleeagle said:

Newton 45  Woodville 14 

I doubt Woodville will be held to 14. Don't see Newton scoring 45 with no Gatson either. Closest thing yall have to Gatson this year is the Foster kid and I think he only had 9 or 10 carries vs Anahuac. We'll see if that changes this week. 

58 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Woodville was a good team for a small school. It wasn't a cake walk of a scrimmage by no means. We definitely knew they were there. They came into Dan R Hooks stadium with the intention of gaining experience against one of the best in the state. Then getting more from Franklin. If WV wants to go deep and compete with the top tier, they're on the right track. Haven't seen, or even heard much about Newton. So based on solely reputation, IMO they should take this one. We play Newton in 2 weeks. Is there any broadcast of this game?

SETXsports will be doing this game.

13 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I doubt Woodville will be held to 14. Don't see Newton scoring 45 with no Gatson either. Closest thing yall have to Gatson this year is the Foster kid and I think he only had 9 or 10 carries vs Anahuac. We'll see if that changes this week. 

The never ending line of Foster's in Newton is amazing. Even more so is the fact that each and every one of them by the time they graduate they are if not the best for certain in top 2 or 3 players on the Eagles team.

It is also very obvious that they have outstanding parents that have raised them to be fine young men.

My question is… If Newton only wins by 10 will Woodville consider that a win like they did vs Franklin? That what it looked like on social media after the game lol In all seriousness I think Woodville has a team this year that could make a couple rounds in the playoffs… maybe 3. But I’ll take Newton in a close one.

8 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

My question is… If Newton only wins by 10 will Woodville consider that a win like they did vs Franklin? That what it looked like on social media after the game lol In all seriousness I think Woodville has a team this year that could make a couple rounds in the playoffs… maybe 3. But I’ll take Newton in a close one.

Don't really consider it a win. More like a positive loss that may indicate winning toward the end of the season when it counts based on the level the guys seem to be playing at right now.