WOS vs LCM, Thursday Sept 1

WOSdrummer99

Who wins?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2022 at 12:00 AM

Both teams went to the state quarter finals last year only to be bit by the injury bug, so let's squash the "they can't carry our jock strap" trash talk. 

Both programs have great athletes, dedicated coaching staffs and fanatics for fans. Lots of strengths on both sides of the ball with only a few areas to improve on. 

It's going to come down to who makes the least mistakes and if the other team can capitalize when they have the chance. 

For the Bears, Dean with Morris and crew will need to have a stellar night and the O-line must keep the "chain gain" in check.

WOS will be forced to double/triple team #90 as they lack some size at the tackle position. This will only leave one-on-one assignments against the other trenchmen. LCM's secondary has been in question with loss of Pete from last year but I've be pleasantly surprised at how they can shutdown the passing game. 

In the end, this game will only help identify those gaps before heading into district and hopefully long playoff runs for both team. Iron sharpens Iron?

LCM 28

WOS 27 with a missed PAT

GO BEARS

P.S. Guaranteed that this one sells out early so gettem' while they're HOT!!!

3 minutes ago, Dat Brook said:

Both teams went to the state quarter finals last year only to be bit by the injury bug, so let's squash the "they can't carry our jock strap" trash talk. 

Both programs have great athletes, dedicated coaching staffs and fanatics for fans. Lots of strengths on both sides of the ball with only a few areas to improve on. 

It's going to come down to who makes the least mistakes and if the other team can capitalize when they have the chance. 

For the Bears, Dean with Morris and crew will need to have a stellar night and the O-line must keep the "chain gain" in check.

WOS will be forced to double/triple team #90 as they lack some size at the tackle position. This will only leave one-on-one assignments against the other trenchmen. LCM's secondary has been in question with loss of Pete from last year but I've be pleasantly surprised at how they can shutdown the passing game. 

In the end, this game will only help identify those gaps before heading into district and hopefully long playoff runs for both team. Iron sharpens Iron?

LCM 28

WOS 27 with a missed PAT

GO BEARS

P.S. Guaranteed that this one sales out early so gettem' while they're HOT!!!

Well said

After watching WOS tonight LCM might have to double team 3 dudes on WOS defense. WOS has 5 or 6 weapons on offense equal or better then any lcm weapon, imo.  Even the WOS back ups come in & make plays .Then the return teams can put you in a bind. If LCM wins give Coach Peevey a key to the city, raise & life time contract that night after the game because it will be a great accomplishment.   

12 minutes ago, KF89 said:

After watching WOS tonight LCM might have to double team 3 dudes on WOS defense. WOS has 5 or 6 weapons on offense equal or better then any lcm weapon, imo.  Even the WOS back ups come in & make plays .Then the return teams can put you in a bind. If LCM wins give Coach Peevey a key to the city, raise & life time contract that night after the game because it will be a great accomplishment.   

You were watching the same game as me. LCM will lose this one. 

48 minutes ago, Dat Brook said:

1. Both programs have great athletes, dedicated coaching staffs and fanatics for fans. Lots of strengths on both sides of the ball with only a few areas to improve on. 

2. It's going to come down to who makes the least mistakes and if the other team can capitalize when they have the chance. 

3. For the Bears, Dean with Morris and crew will need to have a stellar night and the O-line must keep the "chain gain" in check.

4. WOS will be forced to double/triple team #90 as they lack some size at the tackle position. This will only leave one-on-one assignments against the other trenchmen.

5. LCM's secondary has been in question with loss of Pete from last year but I've be pleasantly surprised at how they can shutdown the passing game. 

6. In the end, this game will only help identify those gaps before heading into district and hopefully long playoff runs for both team. Iron sharpens Iron?

LCM 28

WOS 27 with a missed PAT

GO BEARS

I’m gonna answer your post by section:

1. Bears have good athletes… WOS has great athletes. Both sides have good coaches. Bears fans aren’t the same caliber as the Mustangs fans. 
2. Not worth talking about 

3. Agreed

4. Not true. Double the DE but isolate and go to the other side. Duh. 
5. Secondary action by LCM will be trying to make tackles on RB’s who got past the LB’s. WOS doesn’t throw much. 
6. Huh?

7. WOS by 9+

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m gonna answer your post by section:

1. Bears have good athletes… WOS has great athletes. Both sides have good coaches. Bears fans aren’t the same caliber as the Mustangs fans. 
2. Not worth talking about 

3. Agreed

4. Not true. Double the DE but isolate and go to the other side. Duh. 
5. Secondary action by LCM will be trying to make tackles on RB’s who got past the LB’s. WOS doesn’t throw much. 
6. Huh?

7. WOS by 9+

1. Subjective but OK.

2. Do you watch HS Football? You live and die by mistakes (Turnovers/Dropped Balls/blown assignments/etc...)

3. 👍

4. And the other side is guarded by 8th graders?

5. If you make it through the linemen and LBs. Remember that double/triple team and one-on-one convo?

6. Me being philosophical.

7. Let's agree to disagree.

Here's to an injury free Orange Bowl!!! Also no FREAKIN RAIN!!!

7 hours ago, Dat Brook said:

LCM 28

WOS 27 with a missed PAT

GO BEARS

I missed something.why would this be a sell out?? Has LC-M improved that much.well,do expect them to go at least 3 rounds deep.if they have any chance against w.o they have to find a passing game against them.

My take on LCM. There oline and Dline are good and  will be tested by WOS. Honestly HJ was not good and years back LCM would have struggled with them during the Crouch years and id complained everyone would say its not the coaches fault😂. LCM threw the ball decent but the qb has to make better decisions and that comes with time.  From my  understanding Nederland was bad too. Im hearing there is not much of a passing game with WoS but they have some good running backs. The only two times that LCM beat WOS was  when LCM was stronger, bigger and faster. So i do believe WOS has the all around speed in this match up. This isnt a district game so with that said  this game does not determine LCM or WOS season. Its good work for both teams. I hope both teams make deep runs in the playoffs

2 hours ago, MMstangfan said:

WOS needs to clean up

the kicking game . Those PAT,s are gonna cost on down the line ! 

I still can't figure why our returning kicker is wearing bright green shoes on the sideline. LB #8 Jalen Gilmore has been doing all the kicking. Could it be playing possum? Like we don't have a good kicker til all of a sudden he nails 40+ in a tight game. Plus it's also good for the backup to get some game time reps. I can remember seeing kickers on crutches.

@kicker 2.0 where you been?

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I still can't figure why our returning kicker is wearing bright green shoes on the sideline. LB #8 Jalen Gilmore has been doing all the kicking. Could it be playing possum? Like we don't have a good kicker til all of a sudden he nails 40+ in a tight game. Plus it's also good for the backup to get some game time reps. I can remember seeing kickers on crutches.

@kicker 2.0 where you been?

Not same kid