Kountze (12) @ Hull-Daisetta (22) FINAL

jdawg03

On 8/29/2022 at 1:08 PM, bullets13 said:

The only thing I can think is when you only have 25 total players in the program, you need to get the young kids all the playing time you can get.  There's no way they'll be able to sustain a JV team for more than a few more weeks.  They'll inevitably lose a couple of players to injury and a couple to grades, and there won't be any option.  All remaining 18-20 players will be on varsity.

Yeah, I think HD has like 5 Seniors and 4 Juniors playing. It’s scary low numbers, the new enrollment was 104, in 9-12th grades. 

On 8/30/2022 at 8:22 AM, oldschool2 said:

I would have to say they're the most notorious on the forum.. any classification.  Definitely not because of the actual football team.  Certainly because some fans (not all) have no idea when to stop bragging about details that aren't worth bragging about to begin with.  For example: Beating Kountze.. It's yet to be determined whether or not that was a win worth the hype it's getting.  Yes, they went 7-4 LAST YEAR and made a playoff spot in a bigger classification.  HD didn't play them last year.  What if they go 0-10 or 1-9 this year?  Still a brag worthy win? Not in my opinion.

Just say good game and that you're happy/proud of the team.  We don't need the extra bullcrap about how big of a school they are and your overall record against them or anyone else.  Jeez.  That's why people are still cracking "4 horsemen" jokes several years after that statement was made.  

It's almost not fun anymore.....   Almost. 

Take a breathe pal, you really put a lot of energy into this post lol. It must really bother you, HD must have tore that booty up in the past, or you a Lions fan. You are the same clown that would be dogging HD if they lost to the Lions. Get over yourself partner, maybe try just congratulating a small school with an upset win, then move on, for you it would be to the tennis forums, lmao. SMH, some Karen’s… 

On 8/30/2022 at 9:55 AM, 88Warrior said:

I believe if you put whoever on your schedule you own it win, lose or draw…I don’t get folks playing the classification card where if you beat a bigger school (no matter how good or bad they are) it’s beat your chest time and say look at us we beat a bigger school! Then when you lose it’s “well they are bigger you know”…When I was in school we (Warren) use to beat then 4A Huntington…they were about the only team we “owned” if you call it that..but it wasn’t a big deal because well…they were Huntington (absolutely no offense meant because historically we’re right there with the Red Devils)…All that to say asterisks don’t belong on wins or loses…

If you don’t think being a bigger classification matters, you have no idea about sports or talent. More studs to choose from is a big deal. If a school like Kountze with 330 kids, plays a school with 104 kids like HD, it’s a huge advantage! It’s common sense… 

Now another team 2 classifications bigger than HD comes to town Friday night, in the Warren Warriors. Per Texas UIL, they are two classifications larger, compared to HD which is 2A D-2, next you have 2A D-1, then 3A D-2, which is what Warren is… Warren put a whooping on Hardin, so HD by the numbers should get whooped, Warren has 350 kids in 9th-12th grade, HD has 104 kids 9-12. But could there be another upset…? HD is a small, young team, but have come together it appears so far this season. 

I don’t think y’all understand not only the sheer numbers hardship H-D has encountered, the town has zero housing opportunities these days and parents are moving their kids closer to work, in Liberty, Dayton and Baytown, but also the fact HD doesn’t have their 3 year starter at QB senior Sellers or senior RB Victorian, he moved.

To win in week 1, it was huge, heck if we would have beaten Sabine Pass in week 1 it would have been big for this HD team, much more to do it against a playoff 3A team from last year.

HD literally is a few injuries away from not having a varsity team they can field safely. Only 8 or 9 players are upperclassman, the 24 total kids are mostly freshman and sophomore. To have 104 total kids in school, Coach Bird has done an awesome job with his percentage of boys coming out for football, most schools would  have a lower percentage rate by a lot. 

I would not be surprised if H-D upsets Warren Friday night, Bird had these young boys doing all the little things. Definitely will be a hard fought game. 

39 minutes ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

If you don’t think being a bigger classification matters, you have no idea about sports or talent. More studs to choose from is a big deal. If a school like Kountze with 330 kids, plays a school with 104 kids like HD, it’s a huge advantage! It’s common sense… 

Didn’t say it didn’t matter..I said if you schedule them take the result without putting an asterisk beside it….

45 minutes ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Now another team 2 classifications bigger than HD comes to town Friday night, in the Warren Warriors. Per Texas UIL, they are two classifications larger, compared to HD which is 2A D-2, next you have 2A D-1, then 3A D-2, which is what Warren is… Warren put a whooping on Hardin, so HD by the numbers should get whooped, Warren has 350 kids in 9th-12th grade, HD has 104 kids 9-12. But could there be another upset…? HD is a small, young team, but have come together it appears so far this season. 

8 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

Didn’t say it didn’t matter..I said if you schedule them take the result without putting an asterisk beside it….

I'm not sure I follow the sentiment.  Has not Warren, Hardin, Kountze and these other schools been larger than HD has for 50 years?  Has not HD always beat those SAME teams over and over again until they were blue in the face?  What's different now?  Those other programs are 20 kids larger than they were 50 years ago?  I guess I just don't understand.

26 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

I don’t think y’all understand not only the sheer numbers hardship H-D has encountered, the town has zero housing opportunities these days and parents are moving their kids closer to work, in Liberty, Dayton and Baytown, but also the fact HD doesn’t have their 3 year starter at QB senior Sellers or senior RB Victorian, he moved.

To win in week 1, it was huge, heck if we would have beaten Sabine Pass in week 1 it would have been big for this HD team, much more to do it against a playoff 3A team from last year.

HD literally is a few injuries away from not having a varsity team they can field safely. Only 8 or 9 players are upperclassman, the 24 total kids are mostly freshman and sophomore. To have 104 total kids in school, Coach Bird has done an awesome job with his percentage of boys coming out for football, most schools would  have a lower percentage rate by a lot. 

I would not be surprised if H-D upsets Warren Friday night, Bird had these young boys doing all the little things. Definitely will be a hard fought game. 

55 y’all are in a precarious spot with those low numbers…hopefully no injuries for you guys and if/went they do come hopefully some of those better JV players have developed enough to jump up and contribute safely. Best of luck to y’all…

3 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Take a breathe pal, you really put a lot of energy into this post lol. It must really bother you, HD must have tore that booty up in the past, or you a Lions fan. You are the same clown that would be dogging HD if they lost to the Lions. Get over yourself partner, maybe try just congratulating a small school with an upset win, then move on, for you it would be to the tennis forums, lmao. SMH, some Karen’s… 

Actually.. pal.. you couldn't be further from your predictive and overused description of me.  How very typical of you, however, to throw the "HD must've beat you in the past" card every time someone mentions the fact that a majority of HD's wins (even historically) are against the bottom quarter of all of football.  No worries.. I'm not upset or anything.  As that's the typical response of the die hard HD posters of this site.

I did congratulate HD on the win.  How about you try congratulating the team on the win without mentioning school size, player size, overall record, previous year's success/failure, 79 state championship, the names of your "studs", etc...  I've been on this site for a while and I've yet to see that.  Still patiently waiting. 

4 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

According to the UIL website under the Alignment, Hull-Daisetta turned in 124, not 104, for this past realignment.

17 hours ago, JimAdler said:

I'm not sure I follow the sentiment.  Has not Warren, Hardin, Kountze and these other schools been larger than HD has for 50 years?  Has not HD always beat those SAME teams over and over again until they were blue in the face?  What's different now?  Those other programs are 20 kids larger than they were 50 years ago?  I guess I just don't understand.

No, HD and Hardin were in the same district for over 50 years. 

1 hour ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

No, HD and Hardin were in the same district for over 50 years. 

When?  I only see them in the same district for a couple years in the early 2000's and once in the 80's -  Are you talking about pre 1975 ?