Kountze (12) @ Hull-Daisetta (22) FINAL

jdawg03

9 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Lol. Go back and read, we have 13 upper-classman on Varsity, the others were our JV kids. Coach Bird has had to move over the 2 varsity backups players each week, to have enough for a JV scrimmages and a game. 

Ok so there were 25 on the sideline like my buddy said? Cause he was there. Lol telling me to read. 

11 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

HD is the most notorious small 2A program on the Forum...

(P.S.)  It has nothing to do with the football team.

I would have to say they're the most notorious on the forum.. any classification.  Definitely not because of the actual football team.  Certainly because some fans (not all) have no idea when to stop bragging about details that aren't worth bragging about to begin with.  For example: Beating Kountze.. It's yet to be determined whether or not that was a win worth the hype it's getting.  Yes, they went 7-4 LAST YEAR and made a playoff spot in a bigger classification.  HD didn't play them last year.  What if they go 0-10 or 1-9 this year?  Still a brag worthy win? Not in my opinion.

Just say good game and that you're happy/proud of the team.  We don't need the extra bullcrap about how big of a school they are and your overall record against them or anyone else.  Jeez.  That's why people are still cracking "4 horsemen" jokes several years after that statement was made.  

It's almost not fun anymore.....   Almost. 

I believe if you put whoever on your schedule you own it win, lose or draw…I don’t get folks playing the classification card where if you beat a bigger school (no matter how good or bad they are) it’s beat your chest time and say look at us we beat a bigger school! Then when you lose it’s “well they are bigger you know”…When I was in school we (Warren) use to beat then 4A Huntington…they were about the only team we “owned” if you call it that..but it wasn’t a big deal because well…they were Huntington (absolutely no offense meant because historically we’re right there with the Red Devils)…All that to say asterisks don’t belong on wins or loses…

17 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

At this level, studs are a rarity...5'5" and 130 are some of the studs. 

I'm familiar with small school ball, and i'm really not trying to get in a big debate over this.  The point I'm making, which I'm sure you understand, is that out of those 25 kids in the program there are going to be handful of kids who have no business on the field against opposing varsity-level opponents.  Having a JV for a few weeks at least gets them a little game experience, because in another year they may grow/improve enough to where they can actually contribute on a varsity level, OR due to injuries/grades they may be forced onto the field this year.  If that happens, I'd rather them have played 3 jv games than watched 7 varsity games.

24 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I'm familiar with small school ball, and i'm really not trying to get in a big debate over this.  The point I'm making, which I'm sure you understand, is that out of those 25 kids in the program there are going to be handful of kids who have no business on the field against opposing varsity-level opponents.  Having a JV for a few weeks at least gets them a little game experience, because in another year they may grow/improve enough to where they can actually contribute on a varsity level, OR due to injuries/grades they may be forced onto the field this year.  If that happens, I'd rather them have played 3 jv games than watched 7 varsity games.

Don't underestimate the level of (lack of) talent that they'll see on the "varsity" level in district.  Some of the varsity teams in that district won't be a whole lot different than the JV of a slightly bigger school. 

For real tho, I understand what you are saying. But having only little over 100 kids in all of high school. It does mean a lot to them to beat a school with 3 times more students. And it does help with the kids confidence.  I’m brand new to this and this forum and it looks like HD section has some negativity towards it not even related to the kids or football team.  Nothing but positivity over here.  I think this section and the school needs some positive light.   One thing I do know, those kids played hard and passed up all expectations on the first game.  Congratulation to the coaches and mainly the kids playing so hard and getting a W.  And that’s as far as it goes. now it’s on to the next one. 

1 hour ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

One reason people rag on HD, which I would never do, a couple of posters on here ate still living in 1979. I don’t blame them, just trying to explain it.  How many schools who have fans on this board have won a state championship in football? I know mine hasn’t.

Burkeville fans.  In fact.. Burkeville has a state title more recent than HD’s last playoff win.

It’s beyond time to move on.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You sure about that?

7 minutes ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

I can't say anything! I still like to remind everyone that Kountze has more state championships than any school in the area.  

I am wondering if this is true myself.

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You might want to check on the state titles that Barbers Hill has won.

That's exactly where I was going with that !  My guess is BH has 10-12 total rings ?

From what I found BH has 9 and Kountze has 12. 

BH: Baseball and softball 2021  Kountze : 8 volleyball 4 boy's bball

football: 71 & 76

girls bball: 82,93,97

boy's track: 35 and 56 

Honestly I hadn't thought about BH because I have been conditioned my whole life that anything west of the Trinity, is not setx.

1 minute ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

From what I found BH has 9 and Kountze has 12. 

BH: Baseball and softball 2021  Kountze : 8 volleyball 4 boy's bball

football: 71 & 76

girls bball: 82,93,97

boy's track: 35 and 56 

Honestly I hadn't thought about BH because I have been conditioned my whole life that anything west of the Trinity, is not setx.

I had no idea Kountze had 8 volleyball championships.

I did know however that when you look at a map, you can't get more SETX than Liberty/Chambers County, which has the oldest town (liberty) by more than 40 years in the entire area.  

5 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

I had no idea Kountze had 8 volleyball championships.

I did know however that when you look at a map, you can't get more SETX than Liberty/Chambers County, which has the oldest town (liberty) by more than 40 years in the entire area.  

Kountze was a volleyball powerhouse back in the 80s and early 90s. They have had some good teams since but after 2009 the program has went down hill talent wise