Vidor vs Silsbee

Stangfan#1

Who wins?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2022 at 11:00 PM

I think Silsbee has alot of talent returning to a team who lost 3 or 4 close game last season. Vidor, Nederland, OF, and Sealy were winnable games we lost. Im taking from that experience and think they have what it takes to go 10-4 this year. Not sure we win district but 2nd place and maybe a 4 round playoff will be a solid season. I expect Jackson and Cartwright to have breakout seasons at WR since Miller will see triple teams half the year. We will need to find ways to get Miller in space.Β 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Will you do any guest announcing this year?Β 

Not unless things change ($$$) I have no plans to do anymore broadcasting. I am officially retired from that business.

But I may make a cameo appearance in other broadcasts during the season. Might happen tonight at HJ/LC-M game.

12 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

We will see they was sucking eggs at the scrimmages not saying we can't win just don't see it happening like last yr in a big comeback

Key word…”last year” I don’t judge this years team off of last years results. Vidor plays their game and controls the ball, that will limit the number of offensive snaps for Silsbee. Meaning less plays on the defensive side of the ball for Vidor. As far as β€œsucking egg” it’s to be expected. Scrimmages are the first time players are put in a live game situation. Takes time to get your regular season legs under.Β 

15 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

Key word…”last year” I don’t judge this years team off of last years results. Vidor plays their game and controls the ball, that will limit the number of offensive snaps for Silsbee. Meaning less plays on the defensive side of the ball for Vidor. As far as β€œsucking egg” it’s to be expected. Scrimmages are the first time players are put in a live game situation. Takes time to get your regular season legs under.Β 

Gotcha so we are going from sucking eggs last week to winning tonight on conditioning I understand now I hope your right but it's hard to see through my black and gold color glasses

On 8/23/2022 at 11:35 AM, JaspD55 said:

This game will be decided late in the 4th qtr , thanks to that darn slot T. When Vidor HC retires ( I hear probably year or two) an they go forth into the world of spread, then this will be an easy game for Tigers.

But dont be surprised if the weather don't win this one. That time of year for SETX.

Β 

Vidor would be last in district again trying the spread lol

1 hour ago, astros4141078 said:

Gotcha so we are going from sucking eggs last week to winning tonight on conditioning I understand now I hope your right but it's hard to see through my black and gold color glasses

2 choices…go hate on someone else or go hold your breath under water, but I feel I need to educate you since you seem to be uneducated about sports and getting your game legs. During practices players get stuck in one speed. Varsity knows their going up against jv and it’s easy to get stuck in one speed cause your somewhat beating up on them and their not allowed to β€œhit” you hard….staying with me?? Now when it’s comes to scrimmaging someone in a different color Jersey…you don’t quite have your game legs under you. You’re not use to someone wanting to take your head off, tackling full speed, etc. So yes it takes a scrimmage or 2 or maybe a real game or 2 to get your game legs unders you.

Just now, astros4141078 said:

Dont get your feelings hurt just trying to understand, it's all good brother I will be there tonight cheering for the pirates maybe you will be right, I just call it like I see itΒ 

If I could I would be there…but I’m out of town drinking cold adult beverages soaking up some RnR