Opening Week Premiere Games

Hagar

3 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

Love how people can base an entire season off a scrimmage or 2.  I should probably let you handle my invests, being you can see the future.

Wasn't JUST scrimmage play. Historically speaking vidor is a losing program and rarely... if ever have they had back to back winning seasons?  If you're gonna base off just the previous year with the same coach... you should probably keep going back a few more years. 

14 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Wasn't JUST scrimmage play. Historically speaking vidor is a losing program and rarely... if ever have they had back to back winning seasons?  If you're gonna base off just the previous year with the same coach... you should probably keep going back a few more years. 

I don't base upcoming seasons off past seasons.  Every year is a new year, but you are more than welcome to base your expert analysis of a team by a scrimmage or 2.  In the end you have a 50/50 shot of looking like an a$$...or not 😉

I think I speak for all DAWGS fans when I say our game against Houston Kincaid. Largely due in part to the start of a new era in Jasper. I/We are so EXCITED!

Kincaid ended up 9-2 and were SPC champions( for  what it's worth).

They return several key skill players. 

Tough test right out the gate for the DAWGS. 

Vidor/Silsbee game is still scheduled to be played at Silsbee. Just spoke with Coach Smith and he stated no decision to move game has been made and turf is being laid on the field as I am typing this post. Unless some major issues come up between now and Thursday, game will be played at Tiger Stadium next Friday night.

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I think I speak for all DAWGS fans when I say our game against Houston Kincaid. Largely due in part to the start of a new era in Jasper. I/We are so EXCITED!

Lcm beat kincaid soundly this past season!! They play at kincaid this season!!!!

5 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Shadow Creek vs Manvel should be good. 

SMH, Manvel about to get beat down by a bunch of ex-Manvel kids. Crazy that this will be their first ever meeting. Going to be one of the special environments in Texas on opening Friday if the weather holds up. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

SMH, Manvel about to get beat down by a bunch of ex-Manvel kids. Crazy that this will be their first ever meeting. Going to be one of the special environments in Texas on opening Friday if the weather holds up. 

I didn't know this was their first meeting. 

3 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

how are you gonna go back "a few years?" silsbee and vidor last year was their first game against each other since 2004. so your argument is invalid. unless you count the 2018/2019 scrimmages which doesn't count for anyone except your own opinion.🥴

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Vidor/Silsbee game is still scheduled to be played at Silsbee. Just spoke with Coach Smith and he stated no decision to move game has been made and turf is being laid on the field as I am typing this post. Unless some major issues come up between now and Thursday, game will be played at Tiger Stadium next Friday night.

Turf being laid:

This is the hidden content, please

On 8/19/2022 at 1:29 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

LCM beat them 49 to 20 last year. They play mostly weak teams. Jasper will win by 3 TDS.