Vidor @ WOS Scrimmage, moved to Wed Aug17 @6pm

WOSdrummer99

28 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I second that.  Thanks big buddy!

No problem. I know I missed some action when i went to get hi quality h2o. It was hot out there today. There's a reason we play most game later. Sorry I don't have much of a evaluation on Vidor this year. We've had some changes over here I've been paying more attention to.

I think it was pirate's #20, small and fast. Qb has some wheels too. Slot t gonna catch em where they can. Chewing up small yards then poping out for a big hole. I wouldn't worry to much about this one. Next week it's for real though @ Silsbee 

14 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

I just left the scrimmage vidor is way over hyped they keep running the same plays they will lose to silsbee and its not going to be close !!!

Thing to remember, WOS will make a lot of teams look overhyped.  Plus, it’s still just a scrimmage.  Time will tell.

58 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

I just left the scrimmage vidor is way over hyped they keep running the same plays they will lose to silsbee and its not going to be close !!!

Whose overhyped Vidor? Still butthurt about about the spanking Vidor gave y’all at home last year? I’ve seen different postings of them maybe finishing in the top 4 in the district. I wouldn’t say that’s overhyped.

1 hour ago, lcm93 said:

Way over hyped?  Yup…still butthurt.  Vidor keeps it simple during scrimmages. But I wouldn’t expect a football illiterate like yourself to comprehend.  I’d worry more about packing for all those road games than over hyped Vidor!

9 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Back to back shutouts. Time for everyone to start complaining about the new defense. 

Naw they still have something to clean up.i see what he is doing.the 50 is still there.and trying to mix up coverages.like using that 4/2/5.just have to take there time with new defense

WOS looked fast and athletic as always. Vidor had a hard time hanging to the ball an was pretty vanilla on the play calling as Piratenole noted. Don’t know about WOS but Vidor had a lot of substituting going on through out the game. Pirate Nole I am concerned about to many players going both ways. Hopefully that was just for scrimmage purposes. All in all I think each team got what they wanted out of the scrimmage. Good luck to the Stangs this year.

4 hours ago, Unwoke said:

WOS looked fast and athletic as always. Vidor had a hard time hanging to the ball an was pretty vanilla on the play calling as Piratenole noted. Don’t know about WOS but Vidor had a lot of substituting going on through out the game. Pirate Nole I am concerned about to many players going both ways. Hopefully that was just for scrimmage purposes. All in all I think each team got what they wanted out of the scrimmage. Good luck to the Stangs this year.

I think with the amount of injuries Vidor had last year, Mathews is trying to get players reps JUST INCASE the injury bug appears again. Probably will see a good amount of players playing both ways till district starts. I could be wrong and it be a depth issue. 🤷🏼‍♂️

10 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

I think with the amount of injuries Vidor had last year, Mathews is trying to get players reps JUST INCASE the injury bug appears again. Probably will see a good amount of players playing both ways till district starts. I could be wrong and it be a depth issue. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just hope the Pirates have more than they displayed Wednesday night.  Turnovers a killer.  Had trouble with it last year for a while.  But as I posted elsewhere, just a scrimmage.  I still remember the Cowboys under Tom Landry.  They continuously get shellacked in the pre-season.  You’d think they couldn’t win a game.  Then the season started - BAM.

Just curious, is the Silsbee field going to be ready?

26 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Just hope the Pirates have more than they displayed Wednesday night.  Turnovers a killer.  Had trouble with it last year for a while.  But as I posted elsewhere, just a scrimmage.  I still remember the Cowboys under Tom Landry.  They continuously get shellacked in the pre-season.  You’d think they couldn’t win a game.  Then the season started - BAM.

Just curious, is the Silsbee field going to be ready?

1. Lets not forget who Vidor scrimmaged Wednesday.  WOS is a pretty decent team...insert eyeroll lol

2.  A few new faces carrying the ball and a new face under center. 

3.  Takes getting hit in the mouth by a team like WOS to figure out a few things.

Mathews and the rest of the coaches will have those young men ready for Friday night.  It will be up to them to respond.  Win or lose vs Silsbee, Vidor's season will be bases off that game.