Today's Scrimmages

kb4141

Dayton scored 3 tds to Huffman’s 0 in the controlled portion. Dayton scored 11 points and Huffman scored 0 in the 1 live quarter. 

Two takeaways I have are that Huffman isn’t going to challenge the Orange County teams for a district title and Dayton is probably still a year away from making the playoffs. Unless the Dayton staff was holding back considerably with their play calling there’s no way you should look that much more physically imposing than your opponent and still perform the way they did. 

58 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dayton scored 3 tds to Huffman’s 0 in the controlled portion. Dayton scored 11 points and Huffman scored 0 in the 1 live quarter. 

Two takeaways I have are that Huffman isn’t going to challenge the Orange County teams for a district title and Dayton is probably still a year away from making the playoffs. Unless the Dayton staff was holding back considerably with their play calling there’s no way you should look that much more physically imposing than your opponent and still perform the way they did. 

Huffman scored on their first possession In About 7 or 8 plays.

Edited by FALCONS2026

Silsbee v Livingston Scrimmage

In controlled scrimmage, Silsbee scored 2 TD, ran 8-43 (5.3ypc), pass 5-7-120-2-0, 6 first downs; Livingston scored 0 TD, ran 11-19 (1.7ypc) pass 1-4-7-0-1, 1 first down.

In one live quarter, Silsbee scored 1 TD, ran 9-15 (1.6ypc), pass 4-9-124-1-0, 4 first downs, penalties 2-15; Livingston scored 0 TD, ran 5-(-3) lost fumble, pass 2-4-11-0-0, 2 punts, 0 first downs, penalties 3-29.

This was a good early scrimmage to evaluate the players. Being the first scrimmage, the defense had an edge on the offense, and you could tell as both teams' defense had several tackles for loss. Silsbee offense was a little inconsistent, running the ball and passing. But as I said first scrimmage blues. Silsbee's defense controlled the line of scrimmage and smothered their receivers. Silsbee's kicking game wasn't bad, only missed one FG I believe. Can't wait to see how much Coach Smith and his crew improves this team for the second scrimmage. TigerNation!!!