Does it really feal like a home game when you have to take a bus to your own stadium?

lcm93

30 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

For example humble summer creek is closer to c e king panther stadium than there own turner stadium in humble!!

But SC has never had a good following at their home games even before the new stadium in Sheldon was built unless they were playing Atascocita from what I've seen. 

Interesting question.  In the 5A and 6A ranks there are many schools with no on-campus game day stadiums.  School districts with multiple schools often have no on-campus game day facilities or 1 at the oldest high school.  

Totally different from your question, but it would be an interesting thing to know.  How many schools, by classification, do not play games on campus?

Aside from the occasional major city with a 4-A district, it would be real interesting at that level and below to know how many "travel" for a home game.  I know it would be low. 

Imagine most would be a situation where a new high school was built and the old one became the junior high (hate the term middle school).  Thus, the stadium is now off site from the high school until and if ever a new stadium is/was built. 

Most big city schools have to travel to home games. And then there are those smaller schools that have newer campuses, but were too cheap to build a new on-site stadium. Not ideal, but it's workable. But then there are the schools whose admin is so inept, they couldn't get turf installed in time, hurting their students - yet I guarantee you their new admin parking lot will be on time and spectacular. These are school districts that I would not send my children to. Their administrators are incompetent, ineffectual, yet...narcissistic?

Maybe I am missing the question.

Is the OP talking about a traditional home stadium that happens to be away from the high school campus or a borrowed stadium?

After Hurricane Rita, Mid-County Madness was held in Pasadena. No, it didn’t feel like being in Bulldog Stadium. By the way, that was a game for the ages. 

A 5 minutes bus ride from the current campus to the stadium does.

11 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Maybe I am missing the question.

Is the OP talking about a traditional home stadium that happens to be away from the high school campus or a borrowed stadium?

After Hurricane Rita, Mid-County Madness was held in Pasadena. No, it didn’t feel like being in Bulldog Stadium. By the way, that was a game for the ages. 

A 5 minutes bus ride from the current campus to the stadium does.

What was the score?

Our old stadium is a couple of miles from the field house next to JHS and we bussed back and forth for probably 45 years. That's not really a huge deal, but it gave the players a few minutes of quiet time to reflect on what they needed to do. I don't remember ever hearing a peep on the way over there when I happened to be on the bus.

We've got a really nice setup now for all sports, but I kinda wish a fraction of that money had been spent to improve the old stadium, add parking, etc. It was just an amazing place to experience games. 

46 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Our old stadium is a couple of miles from the field house next to JHS and we bussed back and forth for probably 45 years. That's not really a huge deal, but it gave the players a few minutes of quiet time to reflect on what they needed to do. I don't remember ever hearing a peep on the way over there when I happened to be on the bus.

We've got a really nice setup now for all sports, but I kinda wish a fraction of that money had been spent to improve the old stadium, add parking, etc. It was just an amazing place to experience games. 

This is the last year of livingston old stadium next season livingston will have a brand new football stadium on campus of the high school!!

If the original post is related to having to possibly use other schools facilities for a "home" game or actually be the home team at the visitors stadium could be a frustrating situation.  I have no idea of the situation and if it could have been avoided. High school kids are resilient when they choose to be and it can be used as a motivation tool.  ROAD WARRIOR! t-shirts and a "cause" to rally around.  Silly? Maybe, but if it works..

Heck some kids would love the after game meal that's often served for road games. 

There are coaching staffs that get disappointed about certain games NOT being on the road because of the restaurants in that given town. 😀  

Also, several times professional teams at the highest levels have used alternative venues for several seasons to build and/or refurbish.  Just a simple thought thrown in.  

2 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

If the original post is related to having to possibly use other schools facilities for a "home" game or actually be the home team at the visitors stadium could be a frustrating situation.  I have no idea of the situation and if it could have been avoided. High school kids are resilient when they choose to be and it can be used as a motivation tool.  ROAD WARRIOR! t-shirts and a "cause" to rally around.  Silly? Maybe, but if it works..

Heck some kids would love the after game meal that's often served for road games. 

There are coaching staffs that get disappointed about certain games NOT being on the road because of the restaurants in that given town. 😀  

Also, several times professional teams at the highest levels have used alternative venues for several seasons to build and/or refurbish.  Just a simple thought thrown in.  

I was referring to stadiums that are off campus