2022 LAMAR FOOTBALL

KF89

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 6:27 AM, bullets13 said:

Not sure what lamar needs to do to become competitive 

I'm thinking the same, their in one of the best hotbeds for recruiting in the country...SETX so you get to recruit pretty much all of Texas and Louisiana, along with most of the south, so my guess is it has to be the administration/coaching.

Reason I say coaching, No way with the plethora of talent you should be running the triple option offense.. I believe a good coach can come here and win..

Reason I say administration, for a newer program I do believe we should have better facilities then what we do but I also understand Lamar isn't a power 5 school where money is falling, but in this huge Oil area I'm sure the funds can be raised to make this program elite

On 10/3/2022 at 1:38 PM, TexazBall said:

I'm thinking the same, their in one of the best hotbeds for recruiting in the country...SETX so you get to recruit pretty much all of Texas and Louisiana, along with most of the south, so my guess is it has to be the administration/coaching.

Reason I say coaching, No way with the plethora of talent you should be running the triple option offense.. I believe a good coach can come here and win..

Reason I say administration, for a newer program I do believe we should have better facilities then what we do but I also understand Lamar isn't a power 5 school where money is falling, but in this huge Oil area I'm sure the funds can be raised to make this program elite

Some may disagee, but in terms of overall footbal facilities within the SLC, Lamar has what could be considered the best.  Stadium, weight room and meeting rooms would all be top 3 at worst for each.  Facilities for an FCS level school are not an/the issue. 

Again others may disagree, but do a search and several athletic websites within the conference don't list the weight room or meeting rooms in the athletics facilites portion of the website.  If they were really nice, a University would list with other facilities.  Would the facilities being nicer help?  Of course!  But, they are actually quite nice. 

On your other issues, I have no real opinion. 

On 10/3/2022 at 1:38 PM, TexazBall said:

Just keep trying for the right coach!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...