East Chambers Buccaneers 2022 Preview

jdawg03

2022 SETXsports Team Previews

SETX Sports

School Name:East Chambers

Mascot: Buccaneers

Head Coach Name: Russ Sutherland
At Current School Since:2011
Assistant Coaches: Jason Broomas, Jackie Brown, Tyler Chambless, Matt DeYoung, Chris Fontenot, Kirk Palmer, Grover Smith, Toby Thrasher, Bryant Collier, Noah DeMoss, Dylan Klages, Ross O'Hanlon, Justin Savoie, Ben West

2021 Season Results

Last year the East Chambers Buccaneers finished the season with a record of 8 and 4. The Buccaneers competed in district 10--3A Div 1 and finished in 1st place with a record of 5 wins and 1 losses.

2021 Playoffs Round Reached- Area Round

2022 Season Preview

Offensively, the Buccaneers will run the Multiple offense. In 2022, Look out for key returning players:

Jacoby Perrault-QB/DB-Sr, Darius Green-WR/DB-Sr, Payton Anderson-WR/DB-Sr, Hadyn Reeves-RB/LB-Jr, Bryce Soileau-OL/DL-Sr, Juan Palacios-OL/DL-Sr, Will Kash-OL/DL-Jr, Michael Kelly-Center-Sr.

Also, Garrett Reves-Slash Athlete-Jr

—-could make a big impact on the offense this year.

On the defensive side of the ball, look for these returning players to make a big impact on defense this year:

Derek Gaines-DL-Sr, Juan Palacios-DL-Sr, Payton Anderson-DB-Sr, Will Kash-DL-Jr, Garrett Reves-DE-Jr, Jacoby Perrault-DB-Sr

Newcomer(s) poised to breakout in 2022 for the Buccaneers include:

Spencer Schepf-LB-Sr, Darius Green-DB-Sr, Chris West-DB-Sr .

East Chambers will be running the Multiple defense this year.

Lastly, notable special teams player(s) to watch include:

Jesus Martinez-K/P-Sr, Leo Avila-K,P-Jr

On 8/3/2022 at 8:25 AM, JimAdler said:

Don't confuse jealousy with hate.  

lol, I just like listening to the hate and jealousy.  I find it amusing.  I didn't go to school there and have no ties to the football program currently or in the past.  I do follow their little program though. 

I am genuinely curious about the rhetoric with "Beaumont" kids transfering in the past though.  Maybe it's a better school and opportunity for the family..?  Over 10k kids transfer in the state of Texas that participate in sports.  Everything should be transparent and if not should be brought up through the proper channels.

1 hour ago, Balanor said:

lol, I just like listening to the hate and jealousy.  I find it amusing.  I didn't go to school there and have no ties to the football program currently or in the past.  I do follow their little program though. 

I am genuinely curious about the rhetoric with "Beaumont" kids transfering in the past though.  Maybe it's a better school and opportunity for the family..?  Over 10k kids transfer in the state of Texas that participate in sports.  Everything should be transparent and if not should be brought up through the proper channels.

Thats why people talk about EC that way.  It's a great program, facility and faculty to help raise your children and provide them with the best possible public school education in the area, possibly outside of Devers ISD, for the young ones.

46 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

Well I can vouch that there weren't any big name athletes moving in Winnie in 1977 to play football.  

You got that right.  Realistically, the program has only been in good shape since the 2000 time frame.  And if we were honest, its really been just good for the area for the last 10 years or however long Sutherland has been there.

Andy Evans read this and he may cry.  Tony Valastro might disagree as well. The drop to 2A (present 3A) and Andy Evans getting a massive boost in participation really got it started. Russ Sutherland deserves a tremendous amount of credit as well.  It's been since '95 that the program started its almost 30 year run of being a solid program. 

11 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Andy Evans read this and he may cry.  Tony Valastro might disagree as well. The drop to 2A (present 3A) and Andy Evans getting a massive boost in participation really got it started. Russ Sutherland deserves a tremendous amount of credit as well.  It's been since '95 that the program started its almost 30 year run of being a solid program. 

You may need to read my post again.  EC hasn't been a regional threat until Sutherland's (2) teams made some noise.  Aside from that, they've only been a district winner and setx presence.  We all know the facts.  Yes, the run started around 2000, as I stated above.

I read it well. Just think the other 2 deserve much more credit than the post implies. It implies Sutherland is a better coach.  He very well may be.  However, the other 2 hold state titles.  

I know how these boards work. You will reiterate the regional threat portion. Understand your basis of thought there as well. 

58 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Not district champs but tri district champs. 

So a tri district champ isn't a district champ?  Just making sure I keep up with what EC hasn't accomplished by those commenting as such.  And were there any Beaumont kids that helped their non district championship, aka tri-district championship?

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

My o my, did I hurt your feelings. Just pointing out that district was A three way tie. 

Anybody that follows that district or read the first few paragraphs into the Beaumont article would know that.  I think it’s fairly obvious why you said what you said. 

I’ve been married 20+ years and lost my pride a long time ago… along with my feelings.. 😩

9 hours ago, JimAdler said:

EC hasn't been a regional threat until Sutherland's (2) teams made some noise. 

Maybe I spoke out of error earlier, and I do apologize if I did. So maybe you can set me straight. Just curious, who were the leader(s) of that team? And where was he from? Home grown Winnie boy, correct? Thanks.  

58 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Did he not participate last track season? 

Maybe he did, but not for EC ? I don't know - I just saw this on twitter this morning on Ashly's page.