2022 Vidor Pirates

Unwoke

26 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

When did Vidor pick up so many sub 4.7 40 time players…?  Good for them, especially that OL that pulling guard will be lethal in that offense. 

No Fat boys on that O Line. Not in that Offense. Lol. Can’t wait for the season to start. Matthews said this group of boys are very well conditioned. They’ve put the time in ever since the season ended last year.

Go Pirates!!🏴‍☠️

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Will they be that deep in district play? 

The key as always with their offense is staying healthy. Losing our top 2 running backs before the playoffs last year hurt but they were still a play or two away from beating Chapel Hill. Lost to them 20 to 25.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Take it how you want. 

I was there, I saw it. We’re you? Pirates started out sluggish in the 1st half. Matthews being rushed to the hospital before the start of the game an was kept at the hospital all game probably had something to do with that. The second half they Bullied CH all over the field. Of course anytime you comment about the Pirates it’s going to be negative or smartass. Still butthurt about the Pirates stealing your out right District Championship from y’all a few years ago.😂They make a cream for that you know.  😂

6 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I was there, I saw it. We’re you? Pirates started out sluggish in the 1st half. Matthews being rushed to the hospital before the start of the game an was kept at the hospital all game probably had something to do with that. The second half they Bullied CH all over the field. Of course anytime you comment about the Pirates it’s going to negative or smartass. Still butthurt about the Pirates stealing your out right District Championship from y’all a few years ago.😂They make a cream for that you know.  😂

Ok. 

In this era of everyone having a pass happy offense, many don’t realize the impact of a Slot T team losing their top two RB’s.  Be the equivalent of them losing the QB & top receiver.  In most of todays offenses, the RB’s are small blockers or secondary receivers.  Losing the two top Offensive players and the Head Coach being rushed to the Hospital right before the game would cost any team.  Still, cest la vie.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

Vidor was very fortunate be even be in that game the CH qb missed several throws with guys running wide open that game should have been a blow out CH was clearly the better team 

CH missed a handful of home run throws. Should've, could've, would've, doesn't win you games or "should" of been a blowout. Vidor was driving deep in CH territory when somebody calling plays wanted to throw it on 4 consecutive downs. It is what it is... Vidor gave them all that they wanted and barely survived.🥴

8 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

CH missed a handful of home run throws. Should've, could've, would've, doesn't win you games or "should" of been a blowout. Vidor was driving deep in CH territory when somebody calling plays wanted to throw it on 4 consecutive downs. It is what it is... Vidor gave them all that they wanted and barely survived.🥴

I am from vidor and a vidor fan but it really makes me laugh at how one sided vidor fans are just call it like it is vidor was lucky to be in that game CH played awful, just call it like it is, Vidor fans are the only fans in golden triangle that settle with being mediocre yr end and yr out. Nothing will change until things change

1 hour ago, astros4141078 said:

I am from vidor and a vidor fan but it really makes me laugh at how one sided vidor fans are just call it like it is vidor was lucky to be in that game CH played awful, just call it like it is, Vidor fans are the only fans in golden triangle that settle with being mediocre yr end and yr out. Nothing will change until things change

I know what you mean and  I agree. I still love my Pirates but the truth is the truth. Got to be real

22 hours ago, astros4141078 said:

going 8-2, grabbing the #1 seed, and limping to the playoffs with a bunch of JV and freshman players is settling mediocrity against a team that played "awful" that went to the state semis and barely lost to the eventual state champs. 

like  Chad Johnson once said, "CHILD PLEASE!" 

12 hours ago, piratevillain said:

going 8-2, grabbing the #1 seed, and limping to the playoffs with a bunch of JV and freshman players is settling mediocrity against a team that played "awful" that went to the state semis and barely lost to the eventual state champs. 

like  Chad Johnson once said, "CHILD PLEASE!" 

No brother settling for mediocrity is you take montana out of vidor we have zero playoff wins this isn't a 1 yr thing and if you don't see that I can't help you like I said on another post most vidorians can't see the truth through there black and gold glasses

1 hour ago, astros4141078 said:

No brother settling for mediocrity is you take montana out of vidor we have zero playoff wins this isn't a 1 yr thing and if you don't see that I can't help you like I said on another post most vidorians can't see the truth through there black and gold glasses

You are correct sir! Without Montana Q we have 0, ZERO, no, playoff wins since about 1978. Maybe I need to find me some of them black and gold colored glasses..might see things differently.   If you find some get us both a pair.