If hurricane Harvey never come ! Would we still have beaumont ozan and beaumont central today ?

lcm93

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No. Not football. Would WB beat North shore, Katy, or Westlake, just by adding United's athletes? Numbers don't equal wins.

North shore has had a couple former Beaumont kids on it. Katy had a former bmt kid be QB1 for them, as well as former lineman. Bmt got more wins those kids stay and become a powerhouse of their own. Bmt has athletes, they just don’t stay and go find greener pastures. 

Was it mold at central high school after Harvey that literally forced BISD to combine ozan and central to form united high school as I remember the cost of removing the mold would be to much for the district and its cheeper to combine the two schools ?

8 minutes ago, lcm93 said:

Was it mold at central high school after Harvey that literally forced BISD to combine ozan and central to form united high school as I remember the cost of removing the mold would be to much for the district and its cheeper to combine the two schools ?

Harvey made an already leaking roof at old Beaumont High worse.  So BISD combined the two schools

The powers to be in the west end of town would NEVER allow their school to consolidate with the schools across town.  Especially since the thought process is “ I’ve ‘arrived’ “ whenever a certain demographic moves to that end of town.  That along with a local councilmen that pretty much puppeteers his constituents.  He’d never go for that…

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The powers to be in the west end of town would NEVER allow their school to consolidate with the schools across town.  Especially since the thought process is “ I’ve ‘arrived’ “ whenever a certain demographic moves to that end of town.  That along with a local councilmen that pretty much puppeteers his constituents.  He’d never go for that…

Facts. You know how I felt about it. I'd get banned off here. 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Its more people in the Pear Orchard, Northend, and Southend fighting against the one school merger than it is in the Westend. Hell that's reason Ozen was actually opened in the first place. There wasn't a need for three schools bacl then.

9 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Its more people in the Pear Orchard, Northend, and Southend fighting against the one school merger than it is in the Westend. Hell that's reason Ozen was actually opened in the first place. There wasn't a need for three schools bacl then.

Preach! 

24 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Well, that’s true.  But when Central closed down, we both agreed that it would benefit to consolidate all 3 schools.  

31 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

This is what I always heard. Even talking with some coaches and admins it was not the Westend that was fighting total consolidation.