2022 Nederland Bulldogs

dme1111

24 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Young team with no experience at QB opening the season at WOS is tough, then going to P.A. home vs. Silsbee then @ Willowridge. Dogs could be 0-4 going into the Dayton game. Hopefully one of the QB's steps up & coaches find some of that old uncle Larry winning magic to pull out some early season upsets.

I think we are looking at an abysmal 1-9 or 2-8 season.  I REALLY hope we can find some magic!!!  My daughter is a varsity cheerleader and a senior.  I want her to have something to cheer about her last season!!!

31 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

4-5 more quit yesterday... bad news...

Found out from some players that did not quit that a couple of disgruntled senior players that quit in the spring have been on a campaign talking other players into quitting football the last few months.  Like I said before, the program is better off without players that have more important interests than Nederland football & the players that will quit because someone tells them too. 

Just now, KF89 said:

Found out from some players that did not quit that a couple of disgruntled senior players that quit in the spring have been on a campaign talking other players into quitting football the last few months.  Like I said before, the program is better off without players that have more important interests than Nederland football & the players that will quit because someone tells them too. 

I heard that as well. 

5 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Heard this as well. They are better off without the disgruntled players. 

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

When the current Fantastic Freshman combine with the super sophomores it’s going to be a fun few years. Just gotta get over the growing pains… going to be rocky at first…. 

I agree 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

With all the disgruntled players leaving that might just add to the win total instead of reducing it. 

I've seen it go both ways. When we had a bunch quit, we lost 4 reg season games. 5 total counting the 2nd round loss to Waller. Finishing 7-5 was terrible season. Some people never let me forget about that year. Then once the group of sophomores that replaced those seniors grew up, we did pretty good the next couple years.

Another time when the Sr QB... left, we called up a young sophomore that led us to 3 straight championship games. Winning 2. But you already knew that.

I think Nederland will be fine after they get some experience. Probably not right away, and I hope not week 1 at WOS. I'm looking forward to it. Aug 26 is right around the corner.

21 minutes ago, Fedup said:

Two words no one wants to here , daddy ball,  just go to a practice and see for yourself, coach's son had more targets last year than one of the best athletes to ever wear black & gold, think about that , that's a big reason why you have kids leaving....

Pretty strong accusation you got for your first post. Welcome to the board. Lol

so what coaches son you are saying got a lot more targets than other kids? 
everyone was keying on Fuselier, most of the time double team in coverage, a corner with high safety help, so you are mad at the qb for not throwing into double coverage?

1 hour ago, Fedup said:

Two words no one wants to here , daddy ball,  just go to a practice and see for yourself, coach's son had more targets last year than one of the best athletes to ever wear black & gold, think about that , that's a big reason why you have kids leaving....

😲

6 hours ago, Fedup said:

You’re right. He had more targets than anyone. He also had the most incomplete passes and interceptions. But he never left the field. I’m assuming this year will be no different. 

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

The coaches son does not play QB, not sure how he led the team in interceptions & incomplete passes? Come on man, if you are going to post know what the heck your talking about instead of stuff that don't make sense.  Are you a former WR that is disgruntled over not being targeted more then the coaches son or a mom of one of the players so wrongly done last year? Next post will be the coaches son was calling all the plays & threatened the QB with severe punishment if he did not throw the ball to him every play?? 🙊

You joke about that play calling statement. You might be surprised by the answer if you asked some players from last year.

If you hang around long enough....$41t happens. Id be willing to bet the staff in general hasn't been tough enough, until now...when its HOT. and the sweat is running down the crack of there a$$3s. Get in or get gone. This isn't the  first time kids have quit, wont be the last....The youngsters that step up will be saltier and seasoned by the opportunity. As far as Daddy Ball...I'm calling BS.....Fuselier was doubled when he stepped off the bus.....If anyone thinks he was left out of the offense to get the ball to his own son, we must have been at different games...

10 minutes ago, GoPro said:

Totally different team tonight, they’ll figure it out, they’re making progress 

This was NOT the same team I watched last week. Nederland looked MUCH better than they did last week. I am still concerned about our lack of a running game, but there were a lot of positives in the passing game tonight. Hopefully we keep improving and are ready to rumble by district.