2022 Nederland Bulldogs

dme1111

7 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

The first qb, tall (sophomore?) had a huge arm and could sling it. His passes at times were way off mark but it might have been the wrong pattern and/or timing. A receiver  breaks left and he throws right. I thought the line looked okay but they seriously looked like they needed someone to want to carry the ball.

In though the second qb that came in (I think) with the first team during game like conditions, did a better job of moving the team. Was it better qb play or was the team coming together better nest the end? I might have been to shell shocked to notice and I am being serious. I think when noticing such glaring mistakes (which were plenty)  it is easy to overlook the good parts.

HF seemed very inspired and were getting after it.

I know it is a scrimmage but next week might get ugly if some serious improvement isn’t made. Maybe last night was like throwing a cold bucket of water on someone, shockingly waking them up. 

Agree with most of your assessment,  there were lots of players in/out in the skilled positions, OLine and defense.  You can tell they are searching for the right grouping, but they better spend all week in a catching and tackling clinic.

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Yes very long. May not win a game

Time to clean house and bring in a quality coaching staff 

I didn’t hear your whiny butt complaining about the staff a couple years ago when they went 3 rounds deep.  

same staff as now...different players.  They are young & there will be growing pains.  Some persevere...others, like you, complain.  

Preach BayouB... I made the same point last week...this same staff dramatically OVER achieved just season before last...agree, same staff, different players...they are young and need to adjust to Friday night speed and these guys will improve as the season progresses...what that looks like, who knows, but I think it bodes well for the next couple of years

I'm just glad I will never have to be in a foxhole with spidersal

I will be one of the 1st to say yea and congratulate the Bulldogs if they do well

You can call it complaining, whining whatever you want to, however I call it a pretty accurate assessment 

I said when 4 teams make it to the playoffs, the Dogs should make it every year

I said the talent pool must be down and I think the 1st scrimmage shows that

I said the head coaches record is not that impressive and I certainly don’t think it is

I agreed that they have made the playoffs which is super, however if you look at their final playoff game each of those years , it was not a pretty site

50 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I will be one of the 1st to say yea and congratulate the Bulldogs if they do well

You can call it complaining, whining whatever you want to, however I call it a pretty accurate assessment 

I said when 4 teams make it to the playoffs, the Dogs should make it every year

I said the talent pool must be down and I think the 1st scrimmage shows that

I said the head coaches record is not that impressive and I certainly don’t think it is

I agreed that they have made the playoffs which is super, however if you look at their final playoff game each of those years , it was not a pretty site

Good point, I don’t remember hearing much from you when this coaching staff squeezed blood from a turnip.  We won’t hear from you in as year or so, but have fun pal.

Been watching the Bulldogs, from afar, for many, many years.  Based on the Forum comments and the results of this scrimmage, this may be the worst Bulldog team in a long, long time.  But, it’s still early.  Hopefully the Coaches can turn it around.  Hate to see a historically good program go down the tubes.

20 hours ago, spidersal said:

Well I know the talent pool must be down, however Nederland should make the playoffs every year with 4 teams going to the playoffs. PNG doesn’t seem to have a problem with that

For the 90+ percent of folks on the Barrow bandwagon , if you look at his record as head coach it is not very impressive Yes they have made the playoffs and again should every year. You will also notice that when they were defeated in the playoffs it was a total tail kicking.  So, as you can imagine I don’t think the coaching is very good 

Look for the Dogs and Santa Fe to battle it out to see who will be 0-10 this season after watching the scrimmage vs HF

I'm with you..  Coaching is not good.  My biggest issue which I've mentioned before is the coaching staffs lack of ability to keep players in the program.  You have multiple seniors who were starters their junior year just quitting their senior year.  Something is rotten...  I'm tired of the good ole boy system in big Ned.  

2 hours ago, dme1111 said:

I'm with you..  Coaching is not good.  My biggest issue which I've mentioned before is the coaching staffs lack of ability to keep players in the program.  You have multiple seniors who were starters their junior year just quitting their senior year.  Something is rotten...  I'm tired of the good ole boy system in big Ned.  

The good ole boy system has been at Big Ned for 60 years

19 minutes ago, outanup said:

The Dogs are young, just read that 6 sophomores are starting on Defense.....New qb, and plenty of holes to fill. I'm in the camp that believes Monte and company squeeze every drop outta what they have to work with.....If anyone here believes we need a change let em drag and address the School board. 

They are young because the core walked.  Nothing would make me happier than seeing them succeed.  

Young team with no experience at QB opening the season at WOS is tough, then going to P.A. home vs. Silsbee then @ Willowridge. Dogs could be 0-4 going into the Dayton game. Hopefully one of the QB's steps up & coaches find some of that old uncle Larry winning magic to pull out some early season upsets.