2022 Nederland Bulldogs

dme1111

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

What do they have left to fix?? 

They hopefully finish up the new restrooms on Home & Visitors side, new main entrance\ ticket booth, walk ways up to stands on home & visitors sides by the Silsbee game. New press box & any other updates will be started next spring\summer.  

2 minutes ago, KF89 said:

They hopefully finish up the new restrooms on Home & Visitors side, new main entrance\ ticket booth, walk ways up to stands on home & visitors sides by the Silsbee game. New press box & any other updates will be started next spring\summer.  

What about the stands in the endzone for the band? They already sold the seats for reserve season tickets… The first couple rows on both sides still missing. The chain link fence is still down up by the front. Ticket booth and bathrooms like you said… I just don’t see how they can get all of it done in a timely manner… 

19 minutes ago, KF89 said:

& playoff games were always packed.

We certainly were against Jasper a few years back. That's a great place for Nederland to bus over to for home games, if needed.

There's no ?s about week 1 though. Get ready. And get there early. Bulldog fans may be leaving early too. Or at least after the band goes back and forth 100 times and makes a N

13 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

We certainly were against Jasper a few years back. That's a great place for Nederland to bus over to for home games, if needed.

There's no ?s about week 1 though. Get ready. And get there early. Bulldog fans may be leaving early too. Or at least after the band goes back and forth 100 times and makes a N

Was at the 2011 season opener @ Lamar Nederland \ WOS game watching my nephew,  place was packed, playoff atmosphere. Nederland won 21-20 on a defensive stop in the 4th  quarter at the goal line as the clock expired 

48 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Was at the 2011 season opener @ Lamar Nederland \ WOS game watching my nephew,  place was packed, playoff atmosphere. Nederland won 21-20 on a defensive stop in the 4th  quarter at the goal line as the clock expired 

There's been some great games between these 2 teams over the years. And 2011 was one of them. 

That was a rough opening to our season. Back to back 1 pt losses. Friendswood the next week. 

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

There's been some great games between these 2 teams over the years. And 2011 was one of them. 

That was a rough opening to our season. Back to back 1 pt losses. Friendswood the next week. 

I wonder if Friendswood would still consider and play WOS.. I know WOS isn’t afraid. 

You are right Lamar would be a great place to host Nederland actives this year if needed. Lamar needs to get back to hosting playoff venues. 

11 hours ago, KF89 said:

I was there as well,  heck of a game.

A scrimmage is a glorified practice. It is supposed to allow the coach to try doing things, look at players and especially look for bright spots.

These were the bright spots for Nederland: 

These are the issues I noticed:

1. Tackling

2. Catching the ball. 

3. Passing 

4. Rushing

5. Blocking

11 hours ago, tvc184 said:

A scrimmage is a glorified practice. It is supposed to allow the coach to try doing things, look at players and especially look for bright spots.

These were the bright spots for Nederland: 

These are the issues I noticed:

1. Tackling

2. Catching the ball. 

3. Passing 

4. Rushing

5. Blocking

Amazes me that catching was #2 on your list.  I was baffled at the amount of drops, although tackling was weak too.  Not sure how you fix not being able to catch???  Tackling, probably some changes in personnel needed but tackling can be coached up with proper coaching and enough time put in.

Well I know the talent pool must be down, however Nederland should make the playoffs every year with 4 teams going to the playoffs. PNG doesn’t seem to have a problem with that

For the 90+ percent of folks on the Barrow bandwagon , if you look at his record as head coach it is not very impressive Yes they have made the playoffs and again should every year. You will also notice that when they were defeated in the playoffs it was a total tail kicking.  So, as you can imagine I don’t think the coaching is very good 

Look for the Dogs and Santa Fe to battle it out to see who will be 0-10 this season after watching the scrimmage vs HF

1 hour ago, dogbite said:

Amazes me that catching was #2 on your list.  I was baffled at the amount of drops, although tackling was weak too.  Not sure how you fix not being able to catch???  Tackling, probably some changes in personnel needed but tackling can be coached up with proper coaching and enough time put in.

They were in no particular order.

Some serious improvement is needed in most aspects of the game.

On occasion a flash of brilliance might be seen such as a great open field tackle or stuffing the line on defense and shutting down a run. Then back to sloppy play. 

But yes, I don’t remember seeing so many dropped passes. 

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Well I know the talent pool must be down, however Nederland should make the playoffs every year with 4 teams going to the playoffs. PNG doesn’t seem to have a problem with that

For the 90+ percent of folks on the Barrow bandwagon , if you look at his record as head coach it is not very impressive Yes they have made the playoffs and again should every year. You will also notice that when they were defeated in the playoffs it was a total tail kicking.  So, as you can imagine I don’t think the coaching is very good 

Look for the Dogs and Santa Fe to battle it out to see who will be 0-10 this season after watching the scrimmage vs HF

Lol after one scrimmage. 🙄  The Dogs usually don’t do that well in scrimmages and non- district but get it lined out in time for district.  Some of that is this team is apparently very young,  and also who they are playing non district and figuring out who goes where.  Give it some time 

16 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

They were in no particular order.

Some serious improvement is needed in most aspects of the game.

On occasion a flash of brilliance might be seen such as a great open field tackle or stuffing the line on defense and shutting down a run. Then back to sloppy play. 

But yes, I don’t remember seeing so many dropped passes. 

How did the QB and o-line look?

5 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Lol after one scrimmage. 🙄  The Dogs usually don’t do that well in scrimmages and non- district but get it lined out in time for district.  Some of that is this team is apparently very young,  and also who they are playing non district and figuring out who goes where.  Give it some time 

I hope that is true. Maybe everyone had a bad day at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Bigdog said:

How did the QB and o-line look?

The first qb, tall (sophomore?) had a huge arm and could sling it. His passes at times were way off mark but it might have been the wrong pattern and/or timing. A receiver  breaks left and he throws right. I thought the line looked okay but they seriously looked like they needed someone to want to carry the ball.

In though the second qb that came in (I think) with the first team during game like conditions, did a better job of moving the team. Was it better qb play or was the team coming together better nest the end? I might have been to shell shocked to notice and I am being serious. I think when noticing such glaring mistakes (which were plenty)  it is easy to overlook the good parts.

HF seemed very inspired and were getting after it.

I know it is a scrimmage but next week might get ugly if some serious improvement isn’t made. Maybe last night was like throwing a cold bucket of water on someone, shockingly waking them up.