2022 Nederland Bulldogs

dme1111

My question is why are kids quitting the program? Why did the kids move back and start playing for Memorial? What is going on within the locker room that is causing this?  Nederland needs those kids!!! Like it was said above, we are a small 5a-D2 program.  

30 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

My question is why are kids quitting the program? Why did the kids move back and start playing for Memorial? What is going on within the locker room that is causing this?  Nederland needs those kids!!! Like it was said above, we are a small 5a-D2 program.  

So is santa fe and fort bend willowridge!! Do you hear them complaining? Lol

58 minutes ago, KF89 said:

You are correct sir.

Bobby August was a master bulls**ter in his job interviews, how else do you keep getting hired after losing records & sub par job performances. 

Bobby August Head Coaching Record

19 years- 59 wins 132 losses

1988- Coppell- 6-4

1989- Coppell- 4-6

1990- Nederland- 0-10

1991- Nederland- 2-8

1992- Nederland- 4-6

1993- Kountze- 0-10

1994- Kountze- 3-7

1995- Kountze- 4-6

1996- Kountze- 7-3

1997- Burleson- 8-3

1998- Burleson- 3-7

1999- Burleson- 1-9

2000- Cross Roads- 1-9

2001- Cross Roads- 2-8

2002- Cross Roads- 5-5

2003- Riviera- 1-9

2004- Riviera- 7-4

2005- Riviera- 0-9

2006- Riviera- 1-9

But if he was just given 7yrs at any of those places........... 😂😐🙄🤦🏾‍♂️

On 7/29/2022 at 10:01 AM, aki1994 said:

Huh? Ned has a disadvantage? How so? What am I missing? 

Galena Park - 1865

Texas City - 1821

Dayton-1516

PNG - 1505

Nederland - 1451

Santa Fe - 1314

FB Marshall - 1309

Fort Bend Willowridge - 1283

Yep, Ned is usually in the middle/low middle of enrollment most years. 

On 7/29/2022 at 3:42 PM, KF89 said:

You are correct sir.

Bobby August was a master bulls**ter in his job interviews, how else do you keep getting hired after losing records & sub par job performances. 

Bobby August Head Coaching Record

19 years- 59 wins 132 losses

1988- Coppell- 6-4

1989- Coppell- 4-6

1990- Nederland- 0-10

1991- Nederland- 2-8

1992- Nederland- 4-6

1993- Kountze- 0-10

1994- Kountze- 3-7

1995- Kountze- 4-6

1996- Kountze- 7-3

1997- Burleson- 8-3

1998- Burleson- 3-7

1999- Burleson- 1-9

2000- Cross Roads- 1-9

2001- Cross Roads- 2-8

2002- Cross Roads- 5-5

2003- Riviera- 1-9

2004- Riviera- 7-4

2005- Riviera- 0-9

2006- Riviera- 1-9

I was there for '90 & '91 , trust me the guy was full of crap.

3 hours ago, dme1111 said:

Another kid quit yesterday.  One of the top WR.  Not good...  

Good, the ones that don't want to be there 100% need to leave early, it's best for everyone involved. Barrow needs to invest in the old TEAM, me t-shirts. Uncle Larry never lost any sleep over dudes not rolling with his program😎

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

Good, the ones that don't want to be there 100% need to leave early, it's best for everyone involved. Barrow needs to invest in the old TEAM, me t-shirts. Uncle Larry never lost any sleep over dudes not rolling with his program😎

These are kids that were the heart of the team last year.  I'm losing confidence in this bunch.  Maybe we should do like PNG and clean house and bring in OUTSIDE coaches.  

11 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

These are kids that were the heart of the team last year.  I'm losing confidence in this bunch.  Maybe we should do like PNG and clean house and bring in OUTSIDE coaches.  

Let’s wait for the season to play our first before that is talked about. It is only the 2nd day. This team will be extremely young, I will tell you that now. But the current sophomore, freshman, 8th are huge, big, and athletic. I look for many great seasons with that bunch. You know every few years teams and talent take a dip, then all of a sudden make huge deep runs. Let’s let the coaches coach and players play first several games and let barrow and company dial them in before that talk comes about 

43 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Interesting, so it's all the coaches fault these players are quitting? Are coaches being too hard or mean? Are the players upset the coaches are holding people accountable, enforcing the rules when rules are broken & quitting? Are the players quitting football to focus 100% on their future MLB, PGA or MLS careers, nothing negative or coaches fault about that? The jury is still out on the png move to run good coaches out & replace with outsiders, it will be year 2 & after to get real results on that. 

3 hours ago, KF89 said:

Interesting, so it's all the coaches fault these players are quitting? Are coaches being too hard or mean? Are the players upset the coaches are holding people accountable, enforcing the rules when rules are broken & quitting? Are the players quitting football to focus 100% on their future MLB, PGA or MLS careers, nothing negative or coaches fault about that? The jury is still out on the png move to run good coaches out & replace with outsiders, it will be year 2 & after to get real results on that. 

Fair enough...  

On 8/1/2022 at 8:35 PM, NHSBulldogFan said:

Hard to believe it but when he was fired 200 Nederland fans actually protested to KEEP Bobby August as head coach 

I don't believe that.   They should have fired him my senior year, instead they kept him an extra year for some reason.  Oh well the next coach worked out pretty well.