2022 Nederland Bulldogs

dme1111

I'll have to see after week-2. Can't say Ned wont be ready for district on paper seeing who they're scrimmaging and their first 3 games of the season. First step is the QB situation, but based on what Coach Barrow said I feel like both kids will be on the field in some capacity. 

I'd start the 6'4 kid and have the other one on the field at WR/RB. I'm about 99% certain he'll have the speed demon CB play snaps on offense some so that'll give yall another weapon. Anyone knows what's up with the trenches on both sides? 

Must play much better than last year or Barrow May have to pack his bags. I don’t know if the talent level has really fallen off the bandwagon or not, but the Dogs have not been very good the past few years. A few playoff appearances, but have been demolished in the 1st, 2nd, and a couple of 3rd round appearances. I do know the OL and QB positions have been bad. Hopefully much better this season

21 hours ago, Hagar said:

Ned is at a disadvantage in the numbers game.  Been my contention forever that 5A-D2 has too big of a numbers gap, and Ned is one of the cellar teams.  You can pop a good season every so often, but to confront it consistently is a long row to hoe.  Jmo

facts

29 minutes ago, KF89 said:

From what I have been told from reliable  sources from previous school & Ned, 6’4” QB is soft, slow, panics under pressure & not athletic. Unless major work & improvement has occurred this off season with 6’4” cat  then the Sunday kid playing the QB position is probably the best option to make plays from the QB spot this year & by his jr. & Sr. Seasons Ned will have a solid experienced dual threat QB. Like you said with the PA scrimmage & 1st 3 games everyone will know who can handle the QB duties best

Speed is not his strong suit....

7 hours ago, KF89 said:

From what I have been told from reliable  sources from previous school & Ned, 6’4” QB is soft, slow, panics under pressure & not athletic. Unless major work & improvement has occurred this off season with 6’4” cat  then the Sunday kid playing the QB position is probably the best option to make plays from the QB spot this year & by his jr. & Sr. Seasons Ned will have a solid experienced dual threat QB. Like you said with the PA scrimmage & 1st 3 games everyone will know who can handle the QB duties best

I was told this about the 6’4 kid as well as that sophomore and freshman class is the biggest and most talented group coming through in a very long time.. 

On 7/25/2022 at 6:20 PM, Hagar said:

Ned is at a disadvantage in the numbers game.  Been my contention forever that 5A-D2 has too big of a numbers gap, and Ned is one of the cellar teams.  You can pop a good season every so often, but to confront it consistently is a long row to hoe.  Jmo

Vidor dealt with that for a long time. It’s tough when other schools have 400,500,600 more kids to choose from to build a football team.

37 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Vidor dealt with that for a long time. It’s tough when other schools have 400,500,600 more kids to choose from to build a football team.

And that history lesson was the reason for my post.  I watched the Pirates face that for years.  Saw a booster of a 5A-D1 team talking about being the smallest school in their District.  I think the break for D-1 is only about 300 total.  While his team was the big dog in 5A-D2, having 3 to 5 hundred numbers advantage, numbers was no big thing.  Now his team is 150 smaller - Oh goodness, we’re so small.  Lmbo - Cest la vie.😂👽😂

23 minutes ago, Hagar said:

And that history lesson was the reason for my post.  I watched the Pirates face that for years.  Saw a booster of a 5A-D1 team talking about being the smallest school in their District.  I think the break for D-1 is only about 300 total.  While his team was the big dog in 5A-D2, having 3 to 5 hundred numbers advantage, numbers was no big thing.  Now his team is 150 smaller - Oh goodness, we’re so small.  Lmbo - Cest la vie.😂👽😂

Hmmmm.....I wonder if that team has high participation numbers within its program with the same overall talent across the board.....there's 2 schools that come to mind and they just played in Jerry World recently. 

47 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I was impressed with his arm strength more than anything ultimately the decision lies with coach barrow

Any word on the OL? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hmmmm.....I wonder if that team has high participation numbers within its program with the same overall talent across the board.....there's 2 schools that come to mind and they just played in Jerry World recently. 

Any word on the OL? 

Biggest question mark this year OL was awful last year, got two out of 5 starters back this year very young on the OL with a steep learning curve early (WO-S and Memorial)