Shots Fired at Beaumont Police

Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

How sad.  Big City Liberal crime comes to Beaumont.  Just a matter of time?  How long before Lumberton, PNG, Vidor, Nederland?  Perhaps the ones with Republican Mayors will fare better, perhaps not.  Just hate it, but evil has gotten a strong foothold in our country.  The Dems hierarchy rejects God.  They represent about 50% of Americans.  We need to pray that God be brought back into our government, our schools, and especially our families.  At meal time, bow our heads & give thanks.  Do it at home, in restaurants, and even in our cars with take out.  I certainly don’t have all the answers or how to rectify this demonic takeover, but the above would be a start.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

How sad.  Big City Liberal crime comes to Beaumont.  Just a matter of time?  How long before Lumberton, PNG, Vidor, Nederland?  Perhaps the ones with Republican Mayors will fare better, perhaps not.  Just hate it, but evil has gotten a strong foothold in our country.  The Dems hierarchy rejects God.  They represent about 50% of Americans.  We need to pray that God be brought back into our government, our schools, and especially our families.  At meal time, bow our heads & give thanks.  Do it at home, in restaurants, and even in our cars with take out.  I certainly don’t have all the answers or how to rectify this demonic takeover, but the above would be a start.

Amen

in order to change the future you have to live that change.

We (parents and kids) pray before breakfast lunch and dinner and before we lay our head to sleep.

sadly too

But too many parents are self absorbed and to prideful.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:13 PM, Hagar said:

Probably some of the trash that migrated from NOLA after the hurricanes ruined Nagin’s Chocolate City.

It probably happens more than people think. I can think of at least 3 times that I have been shot at. I am talking about seeing the gun and flash or in one case pinned down with the rounds hitting the wall by me.  I have been the supervisor on scene of at least 4 incidents of officers being fired upon including a patrol unit shot and a couple of other occasions I was a patrol officer when other officers were shot at including taking a round into the windshield.

Particularly in my almost 20 years on patrol and detectives, there was not so much 24 hour news coverage and even though it did exist, everything wasn’t broadcast to the public. Even today what we see in the news is probably 5% or less of what is happening. 

6 hours ago, tvc184 said:

It probably happens more than people think. I can think of at least 3 times that I have been shot at. I am talking about seeing the gun and flash or in one case pinned down with the rounds hitting the wall by me.  I have been the supervisor on scene of at least 4 incidents of officers being fired upon including a patrol unit shot and a couple of other occasions I was a patrol officer when other officers were shot at including taking a round into the windshield.

Particularly in my almost 20 years on patrol and detectives, there was not so much 24 hour news coverage and even though it did exist, everything wasn’t broadcast to the public. Even today what we see in the news is probably 5% or less of what is happening. 

Glad they missed.  You’re a veritable well of knowledge and insight most of us have been shielded from.  A big thank you for sharing it with us.

7 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I can't even imagine being shot at......

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

Glad they missed.  You’re a veritable well of knowledge and insight most of us have been shielded from.  A big thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks. At one point early in my career a couple of officers called me a bullet magnet.

In one incident on the night shift a car passed me going in the opposite direction and I heard the blast and saw the flames of probably a shotgun. I called the dreaded “shots fired” and started a pursuit. It didn’t last very long, maybe 12 blocks and we got him cornered and had guns pointed at him on a felony traffic stop. Even before the stop however, we saw what happened. It was an old junky out of tune car (back when we did tuneups)  and was backfiring, blowing flames out the tailpipe. It just happened to be right next to me when it backfired so I heard the loud boom and saw the flash. it turned out just to be a drunk driver trying to get home. :)

A couple of officers involved in the pursuit said something like, geez here we go again. 😂

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Thanks. At one point early in my career a couple of officers called me a bullet magnet.

In one incident on the night shift a car passed me going in the opposite direction and I heard the blast and saw the flames of probably a shotgun. I called the dreaded “shots fired” and started a pursuit. It didn’t last very long, maybe 12 blocks and we got him cornered and had guns pointed at him on a felony traffic stop. Even before the stop however, we saw what happened. It was an old junky out of tune car (back when we did tuneups)  and was backfiring, blowing flames out the tailpipe. It just happened to be right next to me when it backfired so I heard the loud boom and saw the flash. it turned out just to be a drunk driver trying to get home. :)

A couple of officers involved in the pursuit said something like, geez here we go again. 😂

I had an old Chevy in my teen years that I could pedal and make it backfire whenever I wanted,it was fun and I messed with a lot of people…but never when there was even possibly a cop around!lol