Turf vs Grass

monknuk

45 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

You’ve trashed the Slot T offense on this forum as long as I can remember an then when a  Slot T offense totally man handles that backyard football scheme that majority of high schools run like sheep you come up with other excuses and deflections.  Your big mouth is what makes the wins from a slot T offense so enjoyable. Lol

You think Jeff Riordan who’s taken his second different team to the semifinals or Jerry Prieto who’s been to at least the state semis two of the three years he’s been a head coach run “backyard football schemes”. Watching that slot-T has really ruined what little you probably knew about hood football. 

LH is the best slot-T team in the state, bar none. No deflections and absolutely no shame losing to them. Watching y’all lose so much is what makes laughing at your comments so enjoyable for me too though. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You think Jeff Riordan who’s taken his second different team to the semifinals or Jerry Prieto who’s been to at least the state semis two of the three years he’s been a head coach run “backyard football schemes”. Watching that slot-T has really ruined what little you probably knew about hood football. 

OMGeee…here we go. Now Crosby is smarter than everyone else. 

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

LH is the best slot-T team in the state, bar none. No deflections and absolutely no shame losing to them. Watching y’all lose so much is what makes laughing at your comments so enjoyable for me too though. 

There should plenty of shame coming from Crosby. Shame on y’all for making those kids believe their champions. 

Still, that Slot T has Vidor & Crosby even in the head up meetings between the two.  No other Golden Triangle team can match that, but they don’t run the Slot T.  Hmmmmmmm

Back to the fields.  No doubt the artificial turf wins the beauty contest.  Vidor has a really great looking field now.  And the Pirates get to break in the new field at Silsbee.  Can’t wait - going to be a great game.

43 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Keep digging... Vidor is not on here year after year looking for praise and rankings.  Crosby supports on the other hand need to hear and feel the love. 

I'll make it better.  Can almost hear the tears falling from your face.... Crosby is sooooo GOOD!  They deserve to be champions!  Crosby is #1!!!!

Vidor can’t look for praise and rankings becusse y’all don’t do anything to deserve it. That’s where I think y’all get confused because y’all have sucked so long and lose so much? You’re confusing talking about winning games with looking for praise. I don’t think there’s a single Crosby fan on this site who needs validation for what we watch our kids do on Friday nights. Lol, the only tears that fall from my face come when I see my kids achieve their goals. 

17 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Before Vidor got a turf field, very rarely did they practice on the field.  Vidor has a practice field and a make shift indoor facility. 

Well an indoor facility is a different conversation now isn’t it? How many SeTx schools have access to something other than walking through situations in the gym?

Other than an actual indoor practice facility, schools without turf are held hostage to the elements.  Even practice fields.

3 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

There should plenty of shame coming from Crosby. Shame on y’all for making those kids believe their champions. 

“We” don’t make them believe their champions. We just have a great coaching staff that convinces our kids that they can be champions. That’s across all sports at our school though. Matthews can’t say that to the Vidor kids because they know he would be lying. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

“We” don’t make them believe their champions. We just have a great coaching staff that convinces our kids that they can be champions. That’s across all sports at our school though. Matthews can’t say that to the Vidor kids because they know he would be lying. 

Such great support and role models at Crosby…money for sports but not for teachers.

Just now, PirateNole984 said:

Like losing championship games? Need a Kleenex?
And the only thing that has sucked longer than Vidor sports are the women in your family 😉

Alright dude, you’re talking about my wife, mother, sisters and daughter now. The reason I bench press over 400lbs right now is for when people get loose with the mouth. I’ve been on this board for 11 years so I’m  older and now though. Y’all can have it✌🏾

Back in the 1970s victory days at Port Neches-Groves, opposing teams referred to the grass field at 'The Reservation" as a cow pasture.  The grass was kept a few of inches higher than any other field that the opposing team would practice on.  PNG would practice on that high grass field.  It would serve to slow down the visiting team just a bit.  Grass can most assuredly be an advantage if used wisely. 🙂 

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Well an indoor facility is a different conversation now isn’t it? How many SeTx schools have access to something other than walking through situations in the gym?

Other than an actual indoor practice facility, schools without turf are held hostage to the elements.  Even practice fields.

I wish we could get at least what Marshall has up North. It's not indoor, but it's outside and covered from the elements (except lightning)

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Keep running them soup blowers. Everyone runs that backyard spread offense. The only difference in the success of it is the caliber of athletes you have to make it successful. It’s nothing special if everyone is running it. Lol

3 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Leave it to Crosby to make a thread all about them. 

But yes back to turf and grass.

The thread was about turf vs grass. The ONE Crosby poster in this thread gave an example of pros and cons for both. The Vidor posters had an issue with the comment and brought up Liberty Hill. Everybody reading this thread can see that though. Again, have a nice day✌🏾

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Alright dude, you’re talking about my wife, mother, sisters and daughter now. The reason I bench press over 400lbs right now is for when people get loose with the mouth. I’ve been on this board for 11 years so I’m  older and now though. Y’all can have it✌🏾

You’re older cause you’ve been on a message board longer? And I could careless about how much you can bench….Very irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, png9mon said:

Back in the 1970s victory days at Port Neches-Groves, opposing teams referred to the grass field at 'The Reservation" as a cow pasture.  The grass was kept a few of inches higher than any other field that the opposing team would practice on.  PNG would practice on that high grass field.  It would serve to slow down the visiting team just a bit.  Grass can most assuredly be an advantage if used wisely. 🙂 

And we all thought Nederland was unique with their tricks.  Artificial turf?  No, artificial flooding.  Drought?  No problem, open the valves, lol.  Now behold the “thinking outside the box” at PNG.  Long grass.  Laptops.  What else?  Gotta love TX HS Football.

Just now, Hagar said:

And we all thought Nederland was unique with their tricks.  Artificial turf?  No, artificial flooding.  Drought?  No problem, open the valves, lol.  Now behold the “thinking outside the box” at PNG.  Long grass.  Laptops.  What else?  Gotta love TX HS Football.

Back in the 90s…Nederland had some long grass lol 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Now you’ve gotten into how much you bench press! WTH! 😂 Let me guess ….. you drive a Monster Truck too? 😂