Panther Mile: Chasing Perfection (Book about the Ozen 2001 State championship team)

41HNiVjJOQL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Panther Mile: Chasing Perfection BY: Michael Thomas (Player on the Team)

Panther Mile is a story about a group of young men, who through the game of basketball, would become state champions. This story gives the reader an inside look at how the foundation was laid at Clifton J. Ozen High School. It also highlights the personal sacrifice that each individual player and coach had to endure during that time. This story gives young people hope that anything is possible through hard-work and dedication.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Amazon Link:
This is the hidden content, please

16 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Always helps to have a 6’10 future NBA player on the roster 😉

That's very true but you will also see that he was not that guy in the beginning. He worked extremely hard to get to that point but this team was the true definition of a "TEAM."  Remember it's facts over feelings... 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Thomas said:

That's very true but you will also see that he was not that guy in the beginning. He worked extremely hard to get to that point but this team was the true definition of a "TEAM."  Remember it's facts over feelings... 

Did I say he did it by himself? I’m just pointing out the obvious that it’s definitely beneficial having a future pro athlete.  He didn’t win it by himself.. but they probably don’t win it without him either.

If you read the book you will gain a better understanding about the process... I been knowing Perk since 2nd or 3rd grade and he worked extremely hard to get to that point but in the beginning no-one looked at him and said that he was a pro. It is a testament to the guys that help develop him... Facts over fiction... He is my brother and he knows that I only speak the truth... 

It just came off as hate but if that wasn't your intent, My Bad... 

7 hours ago, Mr. Thomas said:

If you read the book you will gain a better understanding about the process... I been knowing Perk since 2nd or 3rd grade and he worked extremely hard to get to that point but in the beginning no-one looked at him and said that he was a pro. It is a testament to the guys that help develop him... Facts over fiction... He is my brother and he knows that I only speak the truth... 

It just came off as hate but if that wasn't your intent, My Bad... 

I have no doubt that intense work wasn’t put in.  That’s true with every professional athlete.  There are tons of huge guys that didn’t make it because of that very fact.

Not hate whatsoever.  You also can’t deny that had he been 6’1 with that same work ethic, Ozen doesn’t win it that year.  Don’t misconstrue my point.. the player (including his size) that he turned into was an integral part.

On 7/15/2022 at 6:50 PM, oldschool2 said:

Always helps to have a 6’10 future NBA player on the roster 😉

On 7/16/2022 at 11:52 AM, oldschool2 said:

Did I say he did it by himself? I’m just pointing out the obvious that it’s definitely beneficial having a future pro athlete.  He didn’t win it by himself.. but they probably don’t win it without him either.

23 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I have no doubt that intense work wasn’t put in.  That’s true with every professional athlete.  There are tons of huge guys that didn’t make it because of that very fact.

Not hate whatsoever.  You also can’t deny that had he been 6’1 with that same work ethic, Ozen doesn’t win it that year.  Don’t misconstrue my point.. the player (including his size) that he turned into was an integral part.

All points that you made were valid, especially this point, "There are tons of huge guys that didn’t make it..." Again, If you are so kind to purchase the book, you will find out and understand my point very clearly. That team had 7 D1 players on the team which included an NFL Guy. Big Perk definitely played a huge role in the teams success but that team was pretty deep...  I digress... 

• 4 months later...
On 7/13/2022 at 7:21 AM, Mr. Thomas said:

Panther Mile: Chasing Perfection BY: Michael Thomas (Player on the Team)

Panther Mile is a story about a group of young men, who through the game of basketball, would become state champions. This story gives the reader an inside look at how the foundation was laid at Clifton J. Ozen High School. It also highlights the personal sacrifice that each individual player and coach had to endure during that time. This story gives young people hope that anything is possible through hard-work and dedication.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Amazon Link:

so nice book to read