9.5 million NIL DEAL

58 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Party up!  what yall think about this?

This is the hidden content, please

Cool. Just hope he has a good inner circle and someone to help with his taxes. 

Again, did I wake up in the Twilight Zone?  Can’t get my head around a HS kid looking at $$$$ like that.  Wonder what they’d pay me.  I’m not famous - not photogenic - to old to run a 40, but still, could use the money.

Capitalism at it's finest. If an 18 year old tech nerd who creates an app can make millions for his talents then why shouldn't the 18 year old QB make millions for his talents if someone is willing to pay it? Do we tell the tech nerd to wait until he graduates and gets a professional job before he starts receiving just compensation? Do we tell him the academic scholarship he's on IS his compensation like I see some who are against NIL do with athletic scholarships? 

If the consensus #7 QB in the country can get this type of money that tells you the emphasis college coaches place on getting the right guy at that position, just like they do on Sundays. Tennessee's QB commit got $8M for his commitment earlier this year. If rich boosters/collectives want to spend their money on kids for their entertainment then so be it. Unless the NCAA places guidelines on NIL deals then you're going to see this a lot, especially at the QB position which has the most impact on if a staff gets fired or not. 

NIL has basically turned college athletes' scholarships into one year deals with a player option at the end, which is totally fine with me. If a player outplays the "value" that one team sees them in then they're allowed one free transfer to another team that may see greater value in them, same for adults when they switch jobs. It also makes college coaches a lot more culpable for the lies they tell kids on the recruiting trail to get them on campus which IMO is the best part of the new NIL structure. 

The only downside I see to the current NIL structure is that it hurts a lot of middle to lower tier kids initial high school recruitment. If a program has 20 scholarships available in a class they're a heck of a lot more likely to take 15 high school kids and 5 transfers than they were a few years ago when those transfers would've had to sit and lose a year of eligibility if they transferred up or laterally.

Some people don't like the fact that NIL has taken some of the "amateurism" away from college sports, which I totally agree with, but why place stipulations/limitations on when a kid can receive financial compensation that may change the course of their lives just because they play sports?  

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Capitalism at it's finest. If an 18 year old tech nerd who creates an app can make millions for his talents then why shouldn't the 18 year old QB make millions for his talents if someone is willing to pay it? Do we tell the tech nerd to wait until he graduates and gets a professional job before he starts receiving just compensation? Do we tell him the academic scholarship he's on IS his compensation like I see some who are against NIL do with athletic scholarships? 

If the consensus #7 QB in the country can get this type of money that tells you the emphasis college coaches place on getting the right guy at that position, just like they do on Sundays. Tennessee's QB commit got $8M for his commitment earlier this year. If rich boosters/collectives want to spend their money on kids for their entertainment then so be it. Unless the NCAA places guidelines on NIL deals then you're going to see this a lot, especially at the QB position which has the most impact on if a staff gets fired or not. 

NIL has basically turned college athletes' scholarships into one year deals with a player option at the end, which is totally fine with me. If a player outplays the "value" that one team sees them in then they're allowed one free transfer to another team that may see greater value in them, same for adults when they switch jobs. It also makes college coaches a lot more culpable for the lies they tell kids on the recruiting trail to get them on campus which IMO is the best part of the new NIL structure. 

The only downside I see to the current NIL structure is that it hurts a lot of middle to lower tier kids initial high school recruitment. If a program has 20 scholarships available in a class they're a heck of a lot more likely to take 15 high school kids and 5 transfers than they were a few years ago when those transfers would've had to sit and lose a year of eligibility if they transferred up or laterally.

Some people don't like the fact that NIL has taken some of the "amateurism" away from college sports, which I totally agree with, but why place stipulations/limitations on when a kid can receive financial compensation that may change the course of their lives just because they play sports?  

Not a very good comparison.  A "tech nerd" that creates an app and sells it for millions has proven that their product works.  A high school athlete has NO guarantee that his or her game will translate to the college game.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for student athletes being able to make money....BUT I believe NIL endorsements should be capped.

1 hour ago, PirateNole984 said:

Not a very good comparison.  A "tech nerd" that creates an app and sells it for millions has proven that their product works.  A high school athlete has NO guarantee that his or her game will translate to the college game.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for student athletes being able to make money....BUT I believe NIL endorsements should be capped.

you are right, some players for what ever reason don't   make the adjustment to the college level. Keep in mind though colleges are not paying the Nils so if a player ends up a bust the individual or company that paid him  takes the hit. That said, what does putting a cap on Nils accomplish? if you think players deserve to make $ while in college, why say there should be a limit?

12 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

you are right, some players for what ever reason don't   make the adjustment to the college level. Keep in mind though colleges are not paying the Nils so if a player ends up a bust the individual or company that paid him  takes the hit. That said, what does putting a cap on Nils accomplish? if you think players deserve to make $ while in college, why say there should be a limit?

1. NIL really only benefits power 5 athletes.

2. Capping NIL endorsements levels the playing field for student athletes in non-power 5 conferences.  OR have levels of capping.  Incoming freshman can make x- amount, sophomores can make a little more, etc... 

3. Financial responsibility. Some of the kids that will make the big NIL deals aren't like an Arch Manning who comes from money.  They need guidance, their families need guidance.  All too often you hear of athletes that made millions during their playing careers that end up broke once their career on the field is over.

4. Agents / Marketing Firms... IF hired by a student athlete or by family do they have the player/s in his or her best interest OR are they just looking for a paycheck? 

Again, I'm all for students athletes being able to make money off their abilities I just think it should be limited till or if they turn pro. The above is my less than 2 cents and everyone will have different ideas and thoughts. 

3 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I can't imagine what guys like Cedric Benson and Vince Young would have gotten paid in the early 2000s

Ced would've had a damn yacht, probably more than one. I was stationed with some his fam. Long live Ced 🙏🏾

University of Miami. 

Another article. 😁

The Cavinder Twins are nearing $2 million in #NIL deals, with more ahead.

They've signed deals with over 30 brands.

Absolutely crushing it.

This is the hidden content, please

On 6/30/2022 at 2:24 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

You will never convince me that these NIL deals aren't hedged by the schools. No way a private endorsement isn't secured in some fashion.  

Jmo

On 6/29/2022 at 10:09 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Cool. Just hope he has a good inner circle and someone to help with his taxes. 

Treat it like a lottery win, get a good accountant/money manger , lawyer and management team.  Its still nuts though.

On 6/30/2022 at 9:44 PM, NHSBulldogFan said:

I can't imagine what guys like Cedric Benson and Vince Young would have gotten paid in the early 2000s

Cumulatively, Ced and VY don't have a 100 IQ to work with. Give them $9 million as teenagers and they likely end up literally dead, be it at the hands of street violence or lifestyle. Its amazing VY has not died of alcohol poisoning yet, and pothead Ced is already dead due to a drug induced motorcycle wreck.     

On 7/3/2022 at 11:32 AM, Silsbee92 said:

You will never convince me that these NIL deals aren't hedged by the schools. No way a private endorsement isn't secured in some fashion.  

Jmo

Archie Manning, one of the most sought-after recruits to come along, ranked #1 in his class committed to the richest athletic program in the Nation(UT).

How can/could you have such an opinion? 🤣 

I don't have an issue with NILS because they been going on  since NCAA sports first started. Whether it be Publicly or behind closed doors. 🤔 😉 😜 😘 

Ever watched the documentaries about Marcus Dupree or the one about Thunder&Lighting at SMU?

9 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Quinn Ewers (another highly recruited QB) already at UT ......I meant to mention above as well.

just saying...........

That's the kid that quit his team his senior year. Could've won state, but went for the money. Riley dodge almost got them there without him. Lost to Duncanville in the semis I think.

11 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

That's the kid that quit his team his senior year. Could've won state, but went for the money. Riley dodge almost got them there without him. Lost to Duncanville in the semis I think.

yes sir you are right. what a bright and shiny Blue&Silver star you are. they lost 35-9 to Duncanville.  remember he started off at Ohio State.

12 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Archie Manning, one of the most sought-after recruits to come along, ranked #1 in his class committed to the richest athletic program in the Nation(UT).

How can/could you have such an opinion? 🤣 

I don't have an issue with NILS because they been going on  since NCAA sports first started. Whether it be Publicly or behind closed doors. 🤔 😉 😜 😘 

Ever watched the documentaries about Marcus Dupree or the one about Thunder&Lighting at SMU?

Time will tell on Manning.  Has not competed against the best in high school. Has not competed in Elite 11 camps.  BUT has the pedigree and I'm sure his uncles have taught him a thing or two.

I AM NOT A UT FAN....but I do like his commitment to UT. He'll have to prove himself and compete against another former #1 overall QB commit. 

And again, I'll stand by my opinion that NIL deals should be capped and or go through the university with stipulations. 

9 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Time will tell on Manning.  Has not competed against the best in high school. Has not competed in Elite 11 camps.  BUT has the pedigree and I'm sure his uncles have taught him a thing or two.

I AM NOT A UT FAN....but I do like his commitment to UT. He'll have to prove himself and compete against another former #1 overall QB commit. 

And again, I'll stand by my opinion that NIL deals should be capped and or go through the university with stipulations. 

thank you for your time/reply.

take care.