Dave Campbell preseason top 10 3A-D1

The vast majority of what you posted is district wins for EC. Let me repeat that, DISTRICT WINS. Beating up on one of the weakest districts in the whole state is meaningless. What does count is playoff wins. Lets take a look:

2021, beat 4th place 4-7, Huntington, lost out after 1st round

2020 beat 4th place 5-6 Trinity, lost out after 1st round  

2019 beat 5-5 4th place Coldspring, lost out after 1st round

2018 beat 8-4 West, 11-2 Yoe, went out after 2nd round

2017, 7-4, lost in first round to Teague. No playoff wins 

2016, 4-6, finished 5th place, missed playoffs entirely. No playoff wins.  

The last three years all they have to show is three wins against 4th place teams. They meet a better opponent in 2nd round and they are gone. 2018 was their best year. Won a whopping two games, then gone. 2017 no playoff wins, lost to a 7-4 Teague. 2016 they were 5th place completely missing the playoffs. 

Totaled up thats 5 wins in the last 6 years. Thats a whopping 0.83 playoff wins per year. EC does not even average ONE playoff win per year, and 3 of the 5 came against pathetic 4th place teams with losing records. Tallest midget in the room. 

6 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

The vast majority of what you posted is district wins for EC. Let me repeat that, DISTRICT WINS. Beating up on one of the weakest districts in the whole state is meaningless. What does count is playoff wins. Lets take a look:

The last three years all they have to show is three wins against 4th place teams. They meet a better opponent in 2nd round and they are gone. 2018 was their best year. Won a whopping two games, then gone. 2017 no playoff wins, lost to a 7-4 Teague. 2016 they were 5th place completely missing the playoffs. 

Totaled up thats 5 wins in the last 6 years. Thats a whopping 0.83 playoff wins per year. EC does not even average ONE playoff win per year, and 3 of the 5 came against pathetic 4th place teams with losing records. Tallest midget in the room. 

SO, basically what you're saying is, you hate EC ?  Noted

9 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

SO, basically what you're saying is, you hate EC ?  Noted

NO. I really don't care either way. What I am doing is responding to the chest thumpers who want to hype (for reasons beyone me) ANY team from that weak district who thinks they are some kind of powerhouse. Its just laugable. In that district they all melt in the playoffs, even the 10-0 tallest midget in the room. I would say the exact same thing about Anahuac or whoever else in that district. I also just said the exact same thing about 5A Port Arthur who has gone 0-4 the past 4 seasons. NO I don't hate Port Arthur. I really don't care.     

18 went 4 deep with an overtime 2 pt conversion loss to Grandview (state champion) in the regional finals. The following season was a 2nd round loss, but again to the same eventual state champ with it being the closest match up aside from state title game.  Overrated? Possibly. However those 2 teams were extremely good for that level regardless of district placement. 

Now, to say all EC programs are underrated....beyond a stretch.   Girls side has many struggles.  The baseball program has 2 playoff appearances in over a decades plus worth of time and that was the kids over coming poor coaching those 2 years.  😀  Not all are underrated. 

On 7/28/2022 at 9:54 AM, Hawks18 said:

I think he’s just trying to collect screen shots to get the kids motivated 😂he’s doing the same thing in the volleyball thread and they went 11-12

Oh! well I certainly hope so. All this time I thought he/she was posting from the type of books being read (picture books).

Leave no child behind.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:34 AM, Separation Scientist said:

You don’t say that the vast majority of a team’s wins are prior to the playoffs…

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that 90% of the state would be thrilled to have made the playoffs 16 out of the past 18 years and “only” have 18 playoff wins in those 16 years.

Would they have liked to have more than 2-3 decent runs in the playoffs during those years?

Welll I’m sure they would love to have “more to show” for those years.

I’d venture to guess 18 playoff wins since ‘04 puts them in the 90+ percentile out of all the schools in the state.  

3 hours ago, Balanor said:

You don’t say that the vast majority of a team’s wins are prior to the playoffs…

Would they have liked to have more than 2-3 decent runs in the playoffs during those years?

1) That's exactly why I count playoff wins. Even if you sweep this district it does not mean anything. Somebody has to win. Heck even valley teams sweep their district to sometimes, but its meaningless. You could be 10-0, ranked top 10 and then lose to a 3rd place Yoakum team in 2nd round. You were exposed. 

2) I see one, where they won one single 3rd round game. With Beaumont skill kids. Once. In how many years? Or ever?  

Sorry didn't mean to hurt your feelings but this whole district is one of the weakest in the state. District wins don't mean anything. My friend from Tark readily admits it, It just needs to improve. Maybe in time it will. Maybe adding Orange field will help. Meanwhile go back to the original post and look at the current 3A-1 Top 10 and Top 25. Bye. 

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

1) That's exactly why I count playoff wins. Even if you sweep this district it does not mean anything. Somebody has to win. Heck even valley teams sweep their district to sometimes, but its meaningless. You could be 10-0, ranked top 10 and then lose to a 3rd place Yoakum team in 2nd round. You were exposed. 

2) I see one, where they won one single 3rd round game. With Beaumont skill kids. Once. In how many years? Or ever?  

Sorry didn't mean to hurt your feelings but this whole district is one of the weakest in the state. District wins don't mean anything. My friend from Tark readily admits it, It just needs to improve. Maybe in time it will. Maybe adding Orange field will help. Meanwhile go back to the original post and look at the current 3A-1 Top 10 and Top 25. Bye. 

You saw the win, but ignored it in your original rant when you left it out?  You couldn’t hurt my feelings if you tried your every hour of every day.  I simply don’t like it when people twist statistics to demean others for no apparent reason.

They didn’t get out of the first round I believe 3 years out of the 15 years they’ve made the playoffs in the past 18 years.  

And I’ve heard you mention “Beaumont” kids a few times.  Who specifically are you referring to and is this an illegal student(s) that you would like to mention so that it can be addressed to the proper folks?  Or you just saying a family moved Into the district, but you are bitter over for some reason?

And as far as the district, all they can do is play who the state tells them to play.  There is a disadvantage of having a weak district vs playing studs every week and I think we both know that.  You just sound like a bitter troll who somehow had their butt kicked by EC.. if I were a betting man.