2022 Scrimmages/Scrimmage Talk

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

I did not attend but I can say with 100% certainty that there was no winner or loser.

But @BMTSoulja1 seems to think there's a winner and loser in scrimmages/glorified practices. He's even gotten shirts made for scrimmages I hear. Smh

Vidor has alot to work on they bullied a team that will not be very good. There is alot of kids playing both ways this year which worries me about the depth of the team. They have a chance to be a pretty good team but must stay healthy. With that being said there should be several sophomores get promoted to varsity which could help give key players a break 

9 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

Vidor has alot to work on they bullied a team that will not be very good. There is alot of kids playing both ways this year which worries me about the depth of the team. They have a chance to be a pretty good team but must stay healthy. With that being said there should be several sophomores get promoted to varsity which could help give key players a break 

Agree, but I never said BC was good, just that I can say with certainty they got bullied on the field. It goes without saying they need A LOT of work but you have to start some where an that’s what scrimmages are for. 

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Agree, but I never said BC was good, just that I can say with certainty they got bullied on the field. It goes without saying they need A LOT of work but you have to start some where an that’s what scrimmages are for. 

Overall assessment was that it was bad, huh?  

I don't even follow the team anymore, but you can generally figure that we should be able to hold our own against Vidor in a scrimmage or it's going to be a long year. 

Against BC 29-6 doesn’t sound very impressive, but scrimmages are where you work out the kinks.  Try some underclassmen (Sophs) to see how they handle the increases size and speed in Varsity.  Bottom line, as pointed out endlessly on here, scores are fairly irrelevant.  Now if BC had beaten Vidor 29-6, that’d be the time to raise the flag to only half mast.

☠️☠️☠️🤣🤣😂🤣🤣☠️☠️☠️

PS;  Might be some concern with Pirates kicker.  Surely there’s a soccer player who could, if the Coaches would allow it, come out and just do kicking.  No wind sprints (soccer players can run).  No tackling drills except bare minimum open field.  Just kick the ball through the uprights.  It ain’t rocket science.  Thus ends my coaching career. ☠️😂☠️

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Overall assessment was that it was bad, huh?  

I don't even follow the team anymore, but you can generally figure that we should be able to hold our own against Vidor in a scrimmage or it's going to be a long year. 

Not sure how much you’ve kept up with HS Football lately but Vidor won their District last year, then with a banged up team and HC taken off bus & rushed to the hospital on game day, still only lost by 5 to a Team that went to State Semi-Finals.  So getting beat by Vidor only 29-6 could be considered relatively impressive.

44 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No. Word I received from coaches on both staffs.

plenty of punches thrown. the cops had to go onto the field to help break it up.

everybody at the game thought they cancelled the game because of the big fight but it ended up being a weather delay.

I would expect both staffs to down play it because it makes both schools look bad.

if it was not so bad ask them them for film and post it.

15 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

plenty of punches thrown. the cops had to go onto the field to help break it up.

everybody at the game thought they cancelled the game because of the big fight but it ended up being a weather delay.

I would expect both staffs to down play it because it makes both schools look bad.

if it was not so bad ask them them for film and post it.

I'll take the word of both coaching staffs.