Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade in landmark opinion

thetragichippy

46 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Actual question.  What if the mother has a miscarriage?  What is the rule on having a D&C?  Are they still allowed?  Thanks for the help.

What does a miscarriage, D/C and abortion have to do with each other?

Unless you’re suggesting that it mother be charged with murder because she had a miscarriage, it is a moot point.

When the mother has a miscarriage, the baby is deceased. The medical follow up is not an abortion or the taking of a live human baby.

Other than emotions, this is my belief on the original Roe v. Wade decision.

10th Amendment:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Criminal law is almost always within the authority of the states. Just like marijuana is illegal in Texas but legal in Colorado, that is a 10th Amendment issue. The Constitution does not define what drug laws are in the context of state criminal laws So Texas can do as it wishes and Colorado can do with it wishes.. By the same token the Constitution does not define a human life. That is left to the states. 

Under Texas criminal law in the Penal Code, an individual (person) is considered from the moment of fertilization. This is that definition:

(26) "Individual" means a human being who is alive, including an unborn child at every stage of gestation from fertilization until birth.

So under the authority of the 10th Amendment, Texas has defined a person/individual as anybody from the moment of conception. Some states define it as having a heartbeat and some states define a person as having been born. That is each state’s authority under the 10th amendment. 

The Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade came along and said Texas, you are not allowed to define what a person is. The decision was kind of,  well you kind of can because you can charge a father with murder for hitting the mother in the stomach with his fist but you cannot define a child as a person if the mother wants to get rid of it.

What constitutional right or section did Texas violate? The Supreme Court back then essentially said a state could not define a child as a human in reference to the mother. Obviously the justices claimed a legal justification but what was the actual rationale for it? What is there really a legal basis in the 14th amendment to say a woman can have an abortion or simply emotional on the beliefs of the justices in the decision?

So the Constitution does not define a person and the 10th Amendment gives the state that authority. The Supreme Court stepped in and said we are going to take away that authority under…… what? 

7 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I hate to ask but does she have a clue that you cannot vote to overturn it?

Does this supposedly educated  person understand it was not a vote of the people or Congress but a constitutional ruling? 

As I remember, she implied the Justices went against the Constitution by banning abortions, so she knows little about the Constitution & Amendments.  But the President & Pelosi made similar statements, so Norah’s in high company in her ignorance.  Heard Pelosi comparing the Thursday Gun decision & Friday’s Abortion decision.  An excellent teaching moment on The Constitution btw.  Since few schools offer Civics classes, History teachers should use it so kids will know more about those documents than our President, SOH and O’Donnell.  Jmo

8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I’m really not going to get drawn into a debate about abortion, but I will answer your question with two critical facts you’re forgetting: 

1. the population of the US has grown from 200M to 330M in the last 50 years. That’s a massive increase. 

2. While there’s no way for me to measure it, I would say that people’s willingness and ability to be accountable for their actions has dropped by a massive amount, and nuclear families are at an all-time low.  

so you’re going to have exponentially more unwanted babies than you had 50 years ago, and you have a couple of generations currently at the baby making age consisting of many people who have no sense of accountability or responsibility for their actions, with more of these worthless generations coming up the pipeline.  

all that to say, the number of unwanted babies is likely to be triple or quadruple what they were 50 years ago, and those babies 50 years ago weren’t exactly well taken care of.  

I am not going to speculate on hypotheticals but I believe the next step for States is to find a way to streamline adoptions and lower costs for families wanting to adopt. I believe that can be accomplished. There is a demand for families wanting to adopt children. 

10 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I’m really not going to get drawn into a debate about abortion, but I will answer your question with two critical facts you’re forgetting: 

1. the population of the US has grown from 200M to 330M in the last 50 years. That’s a massive increase. 

2. While there’s no way for me to measure it, I would say that people’s willingness and ability to be accountable for their actions has dropped by a massive amount, and nuclear families are at an all-time low.  

so you’re going to have exponentially more unwanted babies than you had 50 years ago, and you have a couple of generations currently at the baby making age consisting of many people who have no sense of accountability or responsibility for their actions, with more of these worthless generations coming up the pipeline.  

all that to say, the number of unwanted babies is likely to be triple or quadruple what they were 50 years ago, and those babies 50 years ago weren’t exactly well taken care of.  

So you’re saying we’ve become such a debased irresponsible society that the mechanism to kill babies in the womb on demand should stay in place?

Serious question.

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

As I remember, she implied the Justices went against the Constitution by banning abortions, so she knows little about the Constitution & Amendments.  But the President & Pelosi made similar statements, so Norah’s in high company in her ignorance.  Heard Pelosi comparing the Thursday Gun decision & Friday’s Abortion decision.  An excellent teaching moment on The Constitution btw.  Since few schools offer Civics classes, History teachers should use it so kids will know more about those documents than our President, SOH and O’Donnell.  Jmo

If they really believe that, it just adds to their ignorance. Abortions are still legal. 

29 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

So, a company named Dick’s wants to pay for abortions.

There’s a Shocker. 

Hahaha…. It gets better. Lyft is giving them a lift for abortion travel. I wonder if Lyft will use Lyft to give them a lift. 

8 hours ago, tvc184 said:

What does a miscarriage, D/C and abortion have to do with each other?

Unless you’re suggesting that it mother be charged with murder because she had a miscarriage, it is a moot point.

When the mother has a miscarriage, the baby is deceased. The medical follow up is not an abortion or the taking of a live human baby.

Thanks for the clear up.  There is a lot of information floating around.  Thanks

1 hour ago, parrothead said:

Thanks for the clear up.  There is a lot of information floating around.  Thanks

I noticed even on Facebook that a D&C would now be against the law.

At least one, if not several people, that does not like this ruling likely came up with that scenario. Like, “Oh yeah!! No abortions!? Well a doctor can no longer treat a medical condition!”. Nonsense  

Then it goes viral as if it is fact.

A D&C can obviously be used as an early stage abortion but there are other medical reasons for the procedure 

I’m gonna go out on my own limb here and state that i believe that Roe v Wade wouldn’t have been overturned this week if we hadn’t watched liberal enclaves gleefully voting to allow full term abortions (up to the instant before birth) in direct  opposition to roe’s second trimester limitations. The response was conservative states creating laws that throttled abortion “rights” and ended up getting Roe overturned. 

Id also like to point out to the people hooting and hollering in joy today that you can expect to see an effort to pack the Supreme Court as a response, but more importantly, the insane momentum that conservatives had going into 2022 (and 2024) is gone… finished. Liberals were left with nothing to fight about with trump out of the picture and Biden falling on his face. Well, now they’ve got a reason to get out and vote… against the conservative “oppressors.” 

This win is gonna be costly. 

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m gonna go out on my own limb here and state that i do t believe that Roe v Wade wouldn’t have been overturned this week if we hadn’t watched liberal enclaves gleefully voting to allow full term abortions (up to the instant before birth) in direct  opposition to roe’s second trimester limitations. The response was conservative states creating laws that throttled abortion “rights” and ended up getting Roe overturned. 

Id also like to point out to the people hooting and hollering in joy today that you can expect to see an effort to pack the Supreme Court as a response, but more importantly, the insane momentum that conservatives had going into 2022 (and 2024) is gone… finished. Liberals were left with nothing to fight about with trump out of the picture and Biden falling on his face. Well, now they’ve got a reason to get out and vote… against the conservative “oppressors.” 

All of that angst will dissipate when they continually show up to the fuel pump an were up to $6 a gallon for fuel on top of the ridiculous inflation on food. I am a firm believer when it comes down to it people vote with their pocket book not social issues. An your darn right I am going to hoot and holler about this ruling. 

Abortion is no more a “personal decision” than killing your spouse to expand your life’s possibilities is a “personal decision.” The fact that this sort of barbarism toward the unborn was allowed for 50 years is the real scandal.

Liberals are rioting because they are being forced to be responsible and decent human beings.

13 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

All of that angst will dissipate when they continually show up to the fuel pump an were up to $6 a gallon for fuel on top of the ridiculous inflation on food. I am a firm believer when it comes down to it people vote with their pocket book not social issues. An your darn right I am going to hoot and holler about this ruling. 

Abortion is no more a “personal decision” than killing your spouse to expand your life’s possibilities is a “personal decision.” The fact that this sort of barbarism toward the unborn was allowed for 50 years is the real scandal.

Liberals are rioting because they are being forced to be responsible and decent human beings.

No, this ruling gave them something else to be upset about besides gas prices. 

The problem is this. You lack the ability to see anyone’s point of view but your own and dismiss them as inferior because they don’t match yours. 

Newsflash… there are two sides to every argument and both are usually right on some levels. 

There are a lot of dudes in here with some really strong convictions that fail to understand what the other half believes. There’s an old saying that goes “everybody is against abortion until it’s their daughter that’s in trouble. Those friends who aren’t saying a lot right now? They see both sides of the coin and it’s only ignorance that allows a person to speak so strongly without recognizing the other sides’ views. 

58 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The problem is this. You lack the ability to see anyone’s point of view but your own and dismiss them as inferior because they don’t match yours. 

Newsflash… there are two sides to every argument and both are usually right on some levels. 

There are a lot of dudes in here with some really strong convictions that fail to understand what the other half believes. There’s an old saying that goes “everybody is against abortion until it’s their daughter that’s in trouble. Those friends who aren’t saying a lot right now? They see both sides of the coin and it’s only ignorance that allows a person to speak so strongly without recognizing the other sides’ views. 

You posted your opinion, I posted mine. If my opinion makes you feel inferior that’s on you not me.

Cry Harder.

You can thank Daddy T for such a glorious week at the Supreme Court.

You do know who he is right?

51 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The problem is… no one could possibly know how I would react were it my daughter. I have no daughters but I know I would encourage her to give the baby up for adoption. 
My generation introduced “free love” and we certainly had our fair share of pregnant teens.  I’m sure they could have gotten an abortion prior to 1973, but most vanished mysteriously for a few months. I say they went off with their parents to have the child and place it in an adoption agency. 
You can’t fault anyone for believing in life. Sorry, there is no argument when murder is involved. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m gonna go out on my own limb here and state that i believe that Roe v Wade wouldn’t have been overturned this week if we hadn’t watched liberal enclaves gleefully voting to allow full term abortions (up to the instant before birth) in direct  opposition to roe’s second trimester limitations. The response was conservative states creating laws that throttled abortion “rights” and ended up getting Roe overturned. 

I believe you are correct, inflation, high prices etc can be fixed over time... women believe you are taking away their rights and they will get out and vote big time coming up

D's will take this and run heavy on it, just like that they're back in the race