Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade in landmark opinion

thetragichippy

I pray these folks don't get stupid and destroy folks property! Handle the situation as a human and use birth control, condoms or whatever... rape, incest, or death should be a different story that the states should acknowledge for the individual.... if the states refuse these circumstances then I can see big problems 

I'm glad that this has happened...  but I have to admit that I didn't think it would happen.  I called this one wrong and I think it was TVC who analyzed it correctly. 

Now we all need to get ready for higher taxes and higher crime... there's gonna be a whole lot more unwanted babies for us to support before they enter the penal system.  You can't legislate morality. 

7 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

I pray these folks don't get stupid and destroy folks property! Handle the situation as a human and use birth control, condoms or whatever... rape, incest, or death should be a different story that the states should acknowledge for the individual.... if the states refuse these circumstances then I can see big problems 

I think that abortion "just because" is immoral.  I can't imagine the thought process that occurs when someone is a victim of rape, incest, etc... But how does this apply to women who are experiencing an ectopic pregnancy where the Mom's life (or at least her future reproductive health) is at risk?  I hope that those issues are addressed tastefully in state legislatures in the coming future.  

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in different states.

Appears we have a surplus of unwanted babies & adults crossing our border daily.  By the thousands.  Talk about crime?  Those gang members from Mexico have no morale boundaries.

Now we all know most aren’t gang members, but these groups are so big now, having a few in each batch adds up to big trouble for our law enforcement community and the general public.

28 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Also like to add, hopefully our gov and system is ready to take on a whole bunch of unwanted kids... sad, but it's coming 

I remember when Texas passed concealed carry it was going to be the wild wild west all over again.......

Now we have open carry and still no wild wild west...........

Maybe we are not giving enough credit to personal responsibility.....maybe, just maybe, other means of birth control will be used......

2 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I remember when Texas passed concealed carry it was going to be the wild wild west all over again.......

Maybe we are not giving enough credit to personal responsibility.....maybe, just maybe, other means of birth control will be used......

That is the exact thought I had when you see some of the reactions on this, I remember hearing that there would be blood running in the streets if concealed carry was passed.

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think that abortion "just because" is immoral.  I can't imagine the thought process that occurs when someone is a victim of rape, incest, etc... But how does this apply to women who are experiencing an ectopic pregnancy where the Mom's life (or at least her future reproductive health) is at risk?  I hope that those issues are addressed tastefully in state legislatures in the coming future.  

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in different states.

Someone who wants a abortion will get one wether they do it themselves or travel to get it done... sad situation 

14 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Concealed carry and abortion are a bit different IMO.....

Some ppl really believe their rights are being taken away

43 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

How did we manage all the unwanted babies and crime before 1973?

smh

Dude comparing 1973 to 2022.... funniest #### I've read in a while

States better be ready for tons of kids,we struggle now with taking care of ppl...  I'm against abortion unless certain circumstances are involved 

This just put the D's back in the game for midterms, they will rally their base and energize them over this ruling... lots of women are against this... "my body my choice" ("Pro choice")

16 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Dude comparing 1973 to 2022.... funniest #### I've read in a while

States better be ready for tons of kids,we struggle now with taking care of ppl...  I'm against abortion unless certain circumstances are involved 

This just put the D's back in the game for midterms, they will rally their base and energize them over this ruling... lots of women are against this... "my body my choice" ("Pro choice")

So go along and do what you have to do to make sure you get the votes, the unborn kids be damned.

You, sir, are the ultimate sheep.

34 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Concealed carry and abortion are a bit different IMO.....

Some ppl really believe their rights are being taken away

Well you know this did not make abortions illegal right? The states can make that decision. Just like weed is illegal except where it is not. If I wanted to smoke weed legally, there are states that allow it

1 minute ago, thetragichippy said:

Well you know this did not make abortions illegal right? The states can make that decision. Just like weed is illegal except where it is not. If I wanted to smoke weed legally, there are states that allow it

Yes I know that, majority of states will not allow it and others will put heavy measures on it

11 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

ACTUALLY, Texas has a "trigger law" in place that goes into effect in 30 days that will outlaw practically all abortions from the moment of fertilization.  Sounds like it could possibly apply to Plan B since it effectively terminates the pregnancy after fertilization, but that's just a projection from me... I haven't read the thing. 

This is the hidden content, please

8 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

So what you are saying is The majority of States (people) want it illegal or heavily regulated

I want to say like 30 something states won't allow it and the others will regulate it... a few will Probably still alow it

Don't hold me on those numbers, that's what I heard this morning on the radio and could be wrong

I think D's will be right back in the race over this ruling, it wasn't looking good b4 this and now they have this going for them

1 hour ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Someone who wants a abortion will get one whether they do it themselves or travel to get it done... sad situation 

Agreed 100%. The saddest part of the situation is that they will still find a way to take a human life with no regard for anyone but themselves.