DCTF 4A D2

WO-S 89

20 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Not at all. With some teams (such as Tarkington for example), everyone "has a chance to beat them" and "almost everyone does beat them". By way of comparison, "few have a chance to beat Carthage" but an even smaller "actually beat Carthage". An example of a team somewhere in between would be Silsbee, who "many teams have a chance to beat" and about half of those usually "follow through beating them". 

In summary, having a chance to beat Tarkington is almost automatic to result in a win. While having a chance to bet Carthage very rarely equates to a win. A good way to view this phenomenon in a more quantifiable method would be to examine the win/loss records over extended period of time such as a "10 year sample".   

Here we go with this guy again..... still trying to determine where your hatred lies with the Prairie. I'm convinced you lost a girlfriend or a wife to some guy out there. Don't worry buddy, you're probably both better off!!! Carry on with the football talk.....

2 minutes ago, PrairieMan said:

Here we go with this guy again..... still trying to determine where your hatred lies with the Prairie. I'm convinced you lost a girlfriend or a wife to some guy out there. Don't worry buddy, you're probably both better off!!! Carry on with the football talk.....

No hatred, just a relevant example for the topic. There is not a single person (including yourself) anywhere on the planet that does not believe "most teams beat Tarkington". 

1 minute ago, 89Falcon said:

No hatred, just a relevant example for the topic. There is not a single person (including yourself) anywhere on the planet that does not believe "most teams beat Tarkington". 

Just odd considering how many bad teams there are out there and they're always your punching bag. Remember I've got a history with your Tarkington bashing by this point, there's definitely a trend and hatred with you. All good, not here for hometown drama. Just found it funny (but not surprised) that, that's were you went. 

26 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

you must not realize that Tarkington was 7-5  and Coach David Watson lead them to a District Championship. 

19 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

2014 and 1956  seems like yesterday. 

Prairie Man is right. There are other teams that have NOT  even got to the 185-460-14 record that Tarkington has put their blood,sweat, & tears into.

The record you are quoting now indicates exactly what I said. Dont care about "other teams" or "blood sweat and tears", "Most teams beat Tarkington". It is completely settled and undisputable fact. 

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

The record you are quoting now indicates exactly what I said. Dont care about "other teams" or "blood sweat and tears", "Most teams beat Tarkington". It is completely settled and undisputable fact. 

wow! there is definitely a lack of something in your life. 

There no other way of saying this.

DUMBASS !! I was  supporting your statement ( in a pun intended kinda way).  Go hang out at the local truck stop and find you a lot 🦎 to help you get rid of the tension you come here with.  

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

DUMBASS !! I was  supporting your statement ( in a pun intended kinda way).  Go hang out at the local truck stop and find you a lot 🦎 to help you get rid of the tension you come here with.  

Trust me, I get it. I've been around Tarkington most of my life and I understand when it comes to football, we tend to be the whipping boys. The good years certainly don't outweigh the bad. That being said, I've seen that guy use Tarkington for every sort of pin cushion that you can imagine just in the past 6 months. It's just funny that, that was the example he used after he used the Tarkington head football coach post as his platform to unload his insults and "anger" on Tarkington sports, parents and athletes. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

You do use them as an example all the time.

I tend to agree with Prairie on this one. It's obvious you have some hangup with Tarkington.

7 minutes ago, PrairieMan said:

Trust me, I get it. I've been around Tarkington most of my life and I understand when it comes to football, we tend to be the whipping boys. The good years certainly don't outweigh the bad. That being said, I've seen that guy use Tarkington for every sort of pin cushion that you can imagine just in the past 6 months. It's just funny that, that was the example he used after he used the Tarkington head football coach post as his platform to unload his insults and "anger" on Tarkington sports, parents and athletes. 

it appears he is a Huffman Hargrave falcon.

giving benefit of the doubt(enough is enough regardless) maybe the proximity of the two schools.?.?

anywho....take care!

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You do use them as an example all the time.

I tend to agree with Prairie on this one. It's obvious you have some hangup with Tarkington.

Ok, I have a "hang up" on Tarkington as well as every other school that fits a particular topic at any given time. If the subject pulls in "terrible programs", Tarkington, Huntington, WH, etc. can all be useful examples. Let me know if anything I stated was "incorrect". 

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Understood, profanity and vulgarity. Well done.  

27 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Ok, I have a "hang up" on Tarkington as well as every other school that fits a particular topic at any given time. If the subject pulls in "terrible programs", Tarkington, Huntington, WH, etc. can all be useful examples. Let me know if anything I stated was "incorrect". 

But you choose to use Tarkington in those cases and not another school. That's the point Prairie is making.

Again, it seems you have some animosity towards Tarkington. Maybe broaden your horizons when trashing a school, town. ;)

41 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But you choose to use Tarkington in those cases and not another school. That's the point Prairie is making.

Again, it seems you have some animosity towards Tarkington. Maybe broaden your horizons when trashing a school, town. ;)

The next time "terrible programs" come up; I am going to surprise everyone with a new example.  

On 6/27/2022 at 10:50 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I wouldn't feel so bad about losing to Carthage if I were you.

in 2015 Waco LaVega was a straight up BEAST! Carthage played them the next game after yall and was lucky to get the 3 points they did in a 39-3 spank spank by LaVega.

Carthage was missing 8 starters. 
They still would not have beat LV that year. But you can dang sure believe, it would have been a lot better ball game. 
This years Dawgs are going to be a scoring machine with 10 starters coming back. The defense will take a few games but they will be big, strong and fast. 
I think they have a senior loaded team. 
I believe their are 39 seniors on this years team. 

On 7/5/2022 at 2:23 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Dammit Archie!  Somebody needs to take this guy to where  the  fart was left.

27 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Dammit Archie!  Somebody needs to take this guy to where  the  fart was left.

Impressive addition. I always enjoy when local intellects such as yourself resort to invoking "fart", "dumbass", and other vulgarity into discussions. It definitely strengthens your position. Are you a "Jasper resident/alumni"?  

1 minute ago, Majestyk said:

I don't recall sayin dumb*** brainwave. Look in your backpocket and find a snake and go on back to bed.

More colloquialisms? For clarification: "Local intellect(s)" such as yourself but also indicating "others/plural". Your contemporary whom "you" quoted, invoked "dumbass".  Do you recall "reading it" before you "quoted it"? It is just a few posts back. Its the one where you were referencing "fart".  

17 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

More colloquialisms? For clarification: "Local intellect(s)" such as yourself but also indicating "others/plural". Your contemporary whom "you" quoted, invoked "dumbass".  Do you recall "reading it" before you "quoted it"? It is just a few posts back. Its the one where you were referencing "fart".  

do you know how /why skeletons stay so calm?