Predictions For District 10-4A-1

Hagar

20 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Idk just relaying what I read. 🤷‍♂️

So its falsely claimed at several schools via athletic pages and/or banners throughout campuses because they don't get trophies for it?

I'm just saying I have never seen anything in a trophy case or school acknowledging a district championship for a JV or freshmen team. Seen plenty at the middle schools which I think are okay. Just not for sub varsity at the high schools.

I have no problem with stating a JV/9th team went undefeated or 9-1 or so on. But pretty sure district championships are not awarded to sub varsity teams. They are mostly self proclaimed by said school.

On 11/4/2022 at 10:18 AM, Hagar said:

I think Vidor’s JV went undefeated in 20 & 21, yet here they are in second place.  It’s a good sign, but not a sure thing that a DC will emerge from those 

A lot times what happens in High School Football depending on the size of the school is you’ll have injuries at the Varsity level an standouts on JV get pulled up to Varsity and Freshman get pulled up to JV to fill the holes. So your JV and Freshman teams are missing their keys players. So it’s hard to get a true barometer how good the JV and Freshman teams will be when they get to the Varsity Level. But it sure is a good sign for the lower class teams to win a lot of games for sure. 

36 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Good luck to you guys! My opinion is you guys shouldn’t have anyone challenge y’all till meeting Chapel Hill in the 3rd round. 

And I’ll have a Raider shirt on when they meet - unless Pirates playing at same time.

45 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Good luck to you guys! My opinion is you guys shouldn’t have anyone challenge y’all till meeting Chapel Hill in the 3rd round. 

I Don’t take anything for granted. I just look at the bracket and try to play it out. 
Our road each week if able
Rd 1 Palestine
Rd 2 Stafford
Rd 3 Chappell Hill

I believe Kilgore will beat El Campo if they can get by LCM in Rd 1. Does Peevey still have that magic? 

I also have faith that LCM can put together a game plan to compete and beat Kilgore! 
I believe Vidor is capable against Lindale. Not the same Lindale without their QB from last year. And they do give up some points!!!

29 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

I Don’t take anything for granted. I just look at the bracket and try to play it out. 
Rd 1 Palestine
Rd 2 Stafford
Rd 3 Chappell Hill

I believe Kilgore will beat El Campo if they can get by LCM in Rd 1. Does Peevey still have that magic? 

I also have faith that LCM can put together a game plan to compete and beat Kilgore! 
I believe Vidor is capable against Lindale. Not the same Lindale without their QB from last year. And they do give up some points!!!

What happened to their quarterback? I thought he was a sophomore or junior.

1 hour ago, Raider24 said:

Rd 1 Palestine
Rd 2 Stafford
Rd 3 Chappell Hill

You have more faith in LCM than i do. We have 3 injured starting lineman that have been out since Lumberton game. The problem with LCM offense is that we are missing Landry with him running the  zone read. Our current Qb is not pulling the ball and taking off. He's giving it morris every time. If we are going to do that might as well get in the wildcat. Defense wise we lost our linebackers and secondary  the youth showed this year. If Peevy beats Kilgore give that man a bonus. 

5 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

You have more faith in LCM than i do. We have 3 injured starting lineman that have been out since Lumberton game. The problem with LCM offense is that we are missing Landry with him running the  zone read. Our current Qb is not pulling the ball and taking off. He's giving it morris every time. If we are going to do that might as well get in the wildcat. Defense wise we lost our linebackers and secondary  the youth showed this year. If Peevy beats Kilgore give that man a bonus. 

House of Payne? Kid runs strong and can throw short passes. He brings the dymanic we are currently missing.

The current QB did have a few good runs against huffman but if he struggles passing and refuses to run, Peevey needs to think of his program. The CHill game last year would've been much closer if he had that mentality. 

I am hearing we are back full steam for Kilgore as far as injuries go. Couple of kids from the undefeated JV and a certain freshman will be available. Heard he's a natural behind center.

3 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Next year will be better. 😜

Undefeated JV and a one loss Freshman group.

Couple of very solid QB prospects and plenty of meat up front.

Another off-season with kids that have bought into the program. (400+ across all sports last summer in the gym)

Move-ins. (They occur naturally with success, a great educational environment  and a community that backs their program with facilities, attendance and their pocket book.)

7 hours ago, Dat Brook said:

Undefeated JV and a one loss Freshman group.

Couple of very solid QB prospects and plenty of meat up front.

Another off-season with kids that have bought into the program. (400+ across all sports last summer in the gym)

Move-ins. (They occur naturally with success, a great educational environment  and a community that backs their program with facilities, attendance and their pocket book.)

Lcm has a top notch arts program… spray painting 101 is really paying off!  

16 hours ago, Unwoke said:

A lot times what happens in High School Football depending on the size of the school is you’ll have injuries at the Varsity level an standouts on JV get pulled up to Varsity and Freshman get pulled up to JV to fill the holes. So your JV and Freshman teams are missing their keys players. So it’s hard to get a true barometer how good the JV and Freshman teams will be when they get to the Varsity Level. But it sure is a good sign for the lower class teams to win a lot of games for sure. 

This is true. Huffman's freshmen team this year (which was not just undefeated in middle school they literally beat every team by an average of 45 points) managed to go 8-2 with out their top 8 players. Lost 2 to season ending injuries and 6 to Varsity.

19 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Not much sparks up a team more when you have a qb refusing to go down and punishing on runs. Landry brought that fire. And #16 seems to have that mindset too

19 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Not much sparks up a team more when you have a qb refusing to go down and punishing on runs. Landry brought that fire. And #16 seems to have that mindset too

Yes, #16  should be starting and from what i understand he will be there next year. With him and the other big back will be a force next year