STJFL

Coach Uno

Looks like there is an organization that is a little mad that they are having to split their senior team.  Some are wanting an A and B team in youth football come on seriously.  You shouldn’t be stacking teams in youth  football it’s called development for better things down the road.  Who really cares in 10-15 years what your youth football team did anyway.  If you want a stacked team go play select football were you can stack the team all you want.  Most of the time you get a couple kids that have never played. Yep even happened on my senior team. Good coaches/teachers will develop players regardless if they have ever played or not. 

9 hours ago, Coach Uno said:

Looks like there is an organization that is a little mad that they are having to split their senior team.  Some are wanting an A and B team in youth football come on seriously.  You shouldn’t be stacking teams in youth  football it’s called development for better things down the road.  Who really cares in 10-15 years what your youth football team did anyway.  If you want a stacked team go play select football were you can stack the team all you want.  Most of the time you get a couple kids that have never played. Yep even happened on my senior team. Good coaches/teachers will develop players regardless if they have ever played or not. 

Call the organization out. Don’t be soft. 

• 1 month later...

Well looks like no one followed up on this issue from STJFL and now I heard the 💩 has hit the fan. PNG apparently has an A and B team for their two senior teams and some parents weren’t very happy about that and who would be. It’s not like the B team would be playing other B teams. So why not split the teams equally. What coaches wants to do that and have the B team with all the better kids going to the other team. Heard coaches and board members are getting suspended. O and a PNG board member/coach got suspended for falsifying his USA football certification. Really Really you can’t take couple hours and complete the course. I’m so glad I’m done with little league sports. Parents are in it for themselves and not the kids. I’m pretty sure no kid has been recruited from youth sports and signed a deal the next season. 

3 hours ago, Coach Uno said:

Well looks like no one followed up on this issue from STJFL and now I heard the 💩 has hit the fan. PNG apparently has an A and B team for their two senior teams and some parents weren’t very happy about that and who would be. It’s not like the B team would be playing other B teams. So why not split the teams equally. What coaches wants to do that and have the B team with all the better kids going to the other team. Heard coaches and board members are getting suspended. O and a PNG board member/coach got suspended for falsifying his USA football certification. Really Really you can’t take couple hours and complete the course. I’m so glad I’m done with little league sports. Parents are in it for themselves and not the kids. I’m pretty sure no kid has been recruited from youth sports and signed a deal the next season. 

I’m glad I’m through with this stuff. When my son played there were three teams. They had a purple, a white, and a gray team. We had a draft and all the kids were available for a three teams to draft. If you had the crappie team then you just sucked at drafting. This 💩 of making an A and B team and splitting it where the good kids go to the A team and the others go to the B team is strictly for the Dads. I know they do it in school but that is different. The problem at the STJFL level is you are supposed to coach these kids and teach them what the game is about. These coaches now days are all about making themselves look good and don’t want to teach. This could come back and bite them in the arse. Through all my years  I have seen kids that may not have been as good as the others but come high school some of them are beating the other “studs” in junior league out because those “studs” hit their peak already. These other kids are hitting their peak at the right time. I’ve seen it happen for years and when those “studs” aren’t playing in high school. Those are the parents that you hear all the bi___ing and moaning from.

3 hours ago, Coach85 said:

I’m glad I’m through with this stuff. When my son played there were three teams. They had a purple, a white, and a gray team. We had a draft and all the kids were available for a three teams to draft. If you had the crappie team then you just sucked at drafting. This 💩 of making an A and B team and splitting it where the good kids go to the A team and the others go to the B team is strictly for the Dads. I know they do it in school but that is different. The problem at the STJFL level is you are supposed to coach these kids and teach them what the game is about. These coaches now days are all about making themselves look good and don’t want to teach. This could come back and bite them in the arse. Through all my years  I have seen kids that may not have been as good as the others but come high school some of them are beating the other “studs” in junior league out because those “studs” hit their peak already. These other kids are hitting their peak at the right time. I’ve seen it happen for years and when those “studs” aren’t playing in high school. Those are the parents that you hear all the bi___ing and moaning from.

Yep couldn’t agree more. 

49 minutes ago, KF89 said:

The groups of parents wanting the "A" team in junior league are the same parents that run off quality winning high school coaches like Faircloth, because their self proclaimed "A" team kids can't out play some of the "B" team kids in high school....    

EXACTLY!!!!!……..but there was a little more behind the Fairclothe stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

STJFL starting earlier and earlier every year, saw the PNG kids suited up and already tackling in July. Called a coworker who son plays on the junior team they been doing it all summer didn’t realize STJFL allowed that. Taking hits all summer long and then into November is not good at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ha that’s funny being practice didn’t start till August 1st. Not sure why PNG gets away with so much. First they do A and B team and get NO punishment then one of their coaches falsifies his heads up coaching certification and get busted NO punishment giving. It’s ridiculous what they get away with. 

Even before "A" and "B" teams they still stacked one team... You just have to make sure all of the good kids' Dads are coaches for that one team.  Then drafting wasn't an issue. 

I also remember that one year PA didn't have an A/B, they just had tryouts for the one team.  "Sorry, kid... you didn't make it.  You need to put on some weight.... see you next year."

Can't believe I'm in a forum about junior league football.  One of your biggest issues that few people realize is puberty from a developmental standpoint.  Feel free to roll eyes and stop reading if you wish. 

It's interesting how different races "hit" puberty at different ages, so this example really shows up in a predominant Caucasian population. 7th grade half back hit puberty before almost all other "candidates" for the position, 8th grade he is now the H back, and when high school comes around he has become an interior d-line player.  

I ask college players how many of you played with "this" kid in J. High and HS and almost all grin and have some similar example.  I mention this to support those of you that understand the importance of development for the young athletes. 

There's only playoffs for Varsity teams in schools and that is how it should be. All other levels are for development. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 3:38 PM, Coach Uno said:

None of that is true except the certificate part.  PNG had a draft and Stjfl officials were there.  1 kids parents had a problem and made a huge scene including some pretty racist remarks.  They got their way and redrafted.  The kid is playing, but the parents aren’t allowed at practice or games.  I’m surprised the STJFL buckled to them especially after reading some of the text and emails.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, navydawg31 said:

Super Bowl should be coming up, anyone got a date and location? Is it still in PA? Who are the teams to watch? Who are some of the big name kids we will hear their name in a few years to look out for? 

Playoffs start tomorrow 

Big School all games at PNG tomorrow

Round 2 at PA

Super Bowls at WO-S

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

What about small school?  You have any info on what kids to watch out for? Coworker said LCM junior team is rolling and smoked PA. But don’t see them in the playoffs? 

LCM Jr is the 1 seed and have a bye.  They won small school Jr last year and have a good chance again.  

We scrimmaged them before the season in the rain and mud at LCM. It was pretty even.

PNG Jr Purple with a big win today over PA Red to make the Super Bowl.  

It’s been a wild year for this team.  Before our 1st game, one of our coaches had a massive heart attack and passed away at practice in front of the boys.  Our motto from then on was Fight for Big E, and they have every single play of every game.  It’s been fun to watch our smaller team line up against kids 30-40 lbs bigger and blow them off the ball.  

9-1 record on the year with 7 shutouts. On to the Super Bowl against the only team to beat them.  Keep fighting and Go win it for Big E!!!!

46 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

PNG Jr Purple with a big win today over PA Red to make the Super Bowl.  

It’s been a wild year for this team.  Before our 1st game, one of our coaches had a massive heart attack and passed away at practice in front of the boys.  Our motto from then on was Fight for Big E, and they have every single play of every game.  It’s been fun to watch our smaller team line up against kids 30-40 lbs bigger and blow them off the ball.  

9-1 record on the year with 7 shutouts. On to the Super Bowl against the only team to beat them.  Keep fighting and Go win it for Big E!!!!

Congrats on making the Super Bowl! It’s always fun and exciting. Who all made Super Bowl appearances?