Silsbee football stadium (UPDATED!! July 15th, 2022)

Mballler#1

43 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Most of that dirt was removed from the field and will be put at different places on school campuses.

Thanks for the clarification.  Seriously, when finished it’ll be a gem of a site.  Is the hill on home side natural or was it built up in the past?  Certainly unique to us flatlanders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Silsbee92 changed the title to Silsbee football stadium (UPDATED!! July 9th, 2022)
On 6/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, navydawg31 said:

Well we still have no bathrooms. This is the slowest work for stadium upgrades I ever seen. Asked about the hold up was told be patient they will be nicer than bucees lol

The restrooms are going up, they are working on the brick for them now they are much bigger than the old ones.   The new ticket box looks done from the outside, and they are working on the stands for ADA.   Product shortages are the hold up but it looks like they finally got what they need.  I think the new press box will be next year.

25 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

The restrooms are going up, they are working on the brick for them now they are much bigger than the old ones.   The new ticket box looks done from the outside, and they are working on the stands for ADA.   Product shortages are the hold up but it looks like they finally got what they need.  I think the new press box will be next year.

Yeah phase 3 will be next year and it will be the press box, wasn’t to impressed on what the design will be. Had higher hopes… bathrooms do look huge but the work has been entirely to slow.  Ticket booth didn’t take much time for them to build. I know any left over money they was talking about doing locker rooms in the end zone where maintenance keeps stuff, but I don’t think that will happen now due to inflation on stuff 

On 6/17/2022 at 3:58 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, I considered that, but I’m not sure about Vidor’s parking situation.  Last time I was there parking was horrible.  

If parking was taken into account then PNG should not be on the list. Vidor has plenty of parking (at the elementary school across from the high school) you just have to walk but at least you aren't having to park on the street in front of peoples houses.

14 minutes ago, vp93 said:

If parking was taken into account then PNG should not be on the list. Vidor has plenty of parking (at the elementary school across from the high school) you just have to walk but at least you aren't having to park on the street in front of peoples houses.

Well, that’s true.

12 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Yeah phase 3 will be next year and it will be the press box, wasn’t to impressed on what the design will be. Had higher hopes… bathrooms do look huge but the work has been entirely to slow.  Ticket booth didn’t take much time for them to build. I know any left over money they was talking about doing locker rooms in the end zone where maintenance keeps stuff, but I don’t think that will happen now due to inflation on stuff 

Yeah,  went by there today and it didn’t look like much had been done from Friday.  I’m not sure I’m real big on a long one story Press box either.  Maybe they will have enough to put in the locker room next to the CMS wood shop.

10 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Yeah,  went by there today and it didn’t look like much had been done from Friday.  I’m not sure I’m real big on a long one story Press box either.  Maybe they will have enough to put in the locker room next to the CMS wood shop.

Yeah I told you the building process is entirely way to slow. Phase 3 will be resurfacing the track and adding the press box next summer with a few other things. I’m starting to think they won’t have enough for the locker rooms the way it was sounding when I was asking questions. 

For Those Following the thread:

Tiger Stadium Update as of July15th, 2022

If I understand the construction stages then the field drainage itself is complete with the Base gradation finished. 

Looks to me like the surface gradation is being installed now but hasnt been completed.

Guess we will see because it looks like the rubber infill has been delivered for the synthetic turf and that turf normally is installed after the surface grade is complete.

Getting closer.

#TigerNation

This is the hidden content, please

• Silsbee92 changed the title to Silsbee football stadium (UPDATED!! July 15th, 2022)
On 7/11/2022 at 1:29 PM, vp93 said:

lol did you ever attend a game at the Alamo here  in Jasper? Quite possibly the worst parking situation there was in Southeast Texas.

22 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

lol did you ever attend a game at the Alamo here  in Jasper? Quite possibly the worst parking situation there was in Southeast Texas.

Sure have and it was a great game . It came down to a 4th an 1 for Jaspers 1 Yard line .Did they get in nope..! SILSBEE TIGERS WON..!

50 minutes ago, Who That said:

Sure have and it was a great game . It came down to a 4th an 1 for Jaspers 1 Yard line .Did they get in nope..! SILSBEE TIGERS WON..!

and we went to make it all the way to state championship. did Silsbee? lol nope! 2004

29-28 Gilbert Moye fumbled the ball as he was about to cross the goal line.

On 7/15/2022 at 10:38 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

The side lines were about a 1/2 from the side lines on the visitors side. It was a very bad field and stadium. 

On 7/15/2022 at 9:38 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Call me crazy but I loved the enviroment at the Alamo, felt like you were in the game when you could here the impacts so well during a sideline hit. I also like Livingstons stadium for the same reason

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Call me crazy but I loved the enviroment at the Alamo, felt like you were in the game when you could here the impacts so well during a sideline hit. I also like Livingstons stadium for the same reason

don't get me wrong, the atmosphere was great! Considering it was the 7th oldest stadium still in use that last year it had lasted the test of time.

the parking was miserable though. lol

talk about feel like your in the game, have you ever been to Athens stadium?

Wow! you feel like your on the field during the game. it's not as big and fancy as alot of stadiums but it's one of my favorite!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 4:02 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I considered Lumberton too.  I actually think their center field logo and PA’s is the best.  But maybe I haven’t been to Lumberton’s stadium in a while, but I didn’t think they have a Jumbotron?  

On my list, Lumberton and WO-S are interchangeable.

Lumberton got their Jumbotron last year. and as far as parking goes, L-Town has always had some of the most accesible in the area along with Silsbee and BISD. If room runs out at the school then Walmart is right across the highway.

15 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

Lumberton got their Jumbotron last year. and as far as parking goes, L-Town has always had some of the most accesible in the area along with Silsbee and BISD. If room runs out at the school then Walmart is right across the highway.

Walmart is not going for that.  😄