Top 10 TXHSFB Coaching Jobs

2 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Also, Cedar Hill.   That Belt Line corridor of Lancaster, Desoto, Cedar Hill, with Duncanville sitting on I-20, is the most talent laden corridor in the state.  

I think when you're ranking Top 10 jobs you have to take into consideration location. All those schools you listed are mainly because of talent. Same thing goes for North Shore and Westfield in your previous post. There will be lots of good coaches that don't even consider those jobs because of the kids they'll have to deal with and the proximity to the environments they'll have to coach near.  

On 5/25/2022 at 9:22 AM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

so do y'all agree..........?

This is the hidden content, please

Pretty reasonable list. The only thing I would correct is that Katy is down the list in terms of talent density as a Houston suburb. The most talent-rich suburbs as far as density in the Houston area would most likely go:

1. Alief

2. Missouri City

3. Spring 

4. Humble

5. Klein

6. Katy 

21 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think when you're ranking Top 10 jobs you have to take into consideration location. All those schools you listed are mainly because of talent. Same thing goes for North Shore and Westfield in your previous post. There will be lots of good coaches that don't even consider those jobs because of the kids they'll have to deal with and the proximity to the environments they'll have to coach near.  

2 Americas situation.  And no coach worth their salt would pic RVG or El Paso so the places I listed both have the talent and the facilities......

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

All factors being considered(money, location, talent), my like would probably go something like this:

Austin Westlake 

Southlake Carroll 

Highland Park 

Allen

Katy 

Aledo

Lake Travis 

Atascocita 

Shadow Creek 

Carthage 

no Argyle? especially if a coach has kids. Who doesn't want their kids to be in a school where they have the chance to excel. Those kids in Argyle excel in everything the UIL has to offer.

community support, good athletes, facilities and location all wrapped up in one.

16 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

lol, by being the winningest coach in THSFB trumps a state title uh?

Great accomplishment & career winning the most games in Texas high school football history. No one said anything trumps it.  What is being said is a state title some where in the middle of all those wins probably gets him paid more money. 

Just now, KF89 said:

Great accomplishment & career winning the most games in Texas high school football history. No one said anything trumps it.  What is being said is a state title some where in the middle of all those wins probably gets him paid more money. 

I understand, and your most likely right. All I was getting at is that he won alot of games over the course of 38 years, so I like Buddy thought he should have made more.

That's all. 

Don't hurt nobody you Booger Bear you.

On 5/25/2022 at 3:07 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

With the right coaching Sabine Pass could be a powerhouse per somebody on this site, they'd have 7 years to do it. 

While you're making jokes, SP could be a solid 2A school if they siphoned a good handful of disgruntled PAM folks.