Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

6 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

The blame should go to the person pulling the trigger. I was in New York last week and on the way home I was talking with the family about how safe the subway to work. Everybody was extremely friendlyThe blame should go to the person pulling the trigger. I was in New York last week and on the way home I was talking with the family about how safe the subway to work. Everyone we met was extremely friendly. A few days ago a person was randomly shot and killed in a subway train unprovoked according to the media. New York is one of the strictest gun law states in the country….more laws are not going to work…..blame the person

The person should get blame, I haven't said otherwise on that part

I also believe more could be done to help.. 1 life saved is 1 life

21 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

What is your solution? As TVC has pointed out, anyone that has time to plan can kill......  

Some form of security at every entrance of the school.. even parking lot

Metal detectors 

Any red flags or rumors of planning this stuff should be taken seriously and not thrown under the rug 

Arm teachers

Just a start

Just now, 45thSucks said:

Metal detectors 

Any red flags or rumors of planning this stuff should be taken seriously and not thrown under the rug 

Arm teachers

Just a start

I agree mostly

The red flag laws are a slippery slope IMO.....

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead
1 hour ago, 45thSucks said:

The right is comparing this to abortion how does that work?

I’m not comparing it to abortion

Im simply pointing out the hypocrites and it comes about because the left are front and center right after something like this happens on agenda s……myself….. I will meet it head on and call out such nonsense.

take it how you want

The reason we are were we are is because the conservatives have givin in to progression……and that I do blame the right on.

im not one of those I don’t givin to…..I stand my ground no matter how unpopular it is….I could careless about popularity 

my kids will be raised a certain way despite society s influence…..I can’t say that for many both on the left and right.

this is a society issue and has been on a speedy conveyor belt since technology has been introduced because lack of self discipline and parental discipline…….not a gun issue

these things will be the Norm sadly…..until society changes these such tragedies will not.

1 hour ago, 45thSucks said:

Just what I figured, should've known by the comments on here its all the democrats fault these young kids are dying and this is the new norm... guess we should get use to it GTFOH

Where did I blame the democrats for this?  Not sure why I would expect anything more from INMAGAWETRUST.

Obviously this was the act of one mentally deranged person.... The blame lies there.

Having said all of that, gun owners need to be more responsible.  I literally got all of mine out of the house when my boys were teenagers.  We had a few instances that caused me just enough concern that I didn't want to live with myself if they did something stupid/harmful to themselves or anybody else.  Keep them locked up.  Don't sell a gun to anybody that you don't know.  Buying a gun is a life-long commitment... If individual sellers did a better job of a)locking up their firearms and b)not selling them to people that they don't know, we'd all be in a better place.

I predict that we're going to see where this kid had tons and tons of warning signs, but his family just ignored them.  At least that's what it seems like in most of these cases.  I was all for prosecuting the parents of that last kid (in florida, I think) that shot up his school after his "cool" parents gave him a gun. Or the guy that shot Dimebag after his mom got him a pistol to celebrate him doing a good job of taking his anti-psychotic meds.  

The second amendment isn't just a right... it's a responsibility.  

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Nobody blaming anyone, simply pointing out the left if using this to push gun control, which if enacted, would cause more damage.  This isn’t both sides, it’s all on democrats.

15 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Where did I blame the democrats for this?  Not sure why I would expect anything more from INMAGAWETRUST.

You asked where you blamed democrats? 

Top 1 is your post, your not the brightest are you?

I'm done with you man/woman whatever you are

Just now, 45thSucks said:

You asked where you blamed democrats? 

Top 1 is your post, your not the brightest are you?

I'm done with you man/woman whatever you are

Having trouble understanding?

The blame for politicizing this event lies on democrats, not the shooting itself.

Can’t get out of your own way, can you?

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Obviously this was the act of one mentally deranged person.... The blame lies there.

Having said all of that, gun owners need to be more responsible.  I literally got all of mine out of the house when my boys were teenagers.  We had a few instances that caused me just enough concern that I didn't want to live with myself if they did something stupid/harmful to themselves or anybody else.  Keep them locked up.  Don't sell a gun to anybody that you don't know.  Buying a gun is a life-long commitment... If individual sellers did a better job of a)locking up their firearms and b)not selling them to people that they don't know, we'd all be in a better place.

I predict that we're going to see where this kid had tons and tons of warning signs, but his family just ignored them.  At least that's what it seems like in most of these cases.  I was all for prosecuting the parents of that last kid (in florida, I think) that shot up his school after his "cool" parents gave him a gun. Or the guy that shot Dimebag after his mom got him a pistol to celebrate him doing a good job of taking his anti-psychotic meds.  

The second amendment isn't just a right... it's a responsibility.  

Agree with some of this but not all.  My kids were taught respect for guns and how to handle them at an early age.  They also had access to them as teenagers but knew not to fool with them unless I was with them.  I get what you are saying but if a bad guy came in the house, I wouldn’t have wanted them dealing with them with a butter knife.

4 hours ago, 45thSucks said:

Metal detectors 

Arm teachers

Just a start

I had mentioned this previously. What is the deadliest school attack in United States history? It was almost 100 years ago, in 1927.

How many firearms were used? None.

A 55 year old man lost a school board election and was angry at the world. He used dynamite and killed 38 children at school. He sat back and waited until rescuers rushed in to help, then he drove a pick up truck loaded with dynamite into the people  and detonated that, killing and injuring more.

Counting the perpetrator who committed suicide in the explosion, there are 48 dead and 53 injured. It is 101 casualties at a school where no firearms were used.

That was in Bath, Michigan.

How do you stop an attacker who can choose his target and has time to plan?

About three years ago I asked some high school students about the same thing because of another similar incident at the time. What happens at the local high school if they put a policeman at every door or where entry is allowed with a metal detector? Would that stop an incident? Can we lock the school down and make sure no one gets in with a weapon? Sure!!!

Okay, would that stop a shooting at the school? Certainly!!

So I asked them, in this lockdown and safe school what happens when the final bell rings? The answer was that within about two or three minutes, 1900 students pour out of the school. Of those, about 500 gather at the bus stop.

So for my next scenario, I have a semi-automatic rifle with plenty of ammo and a suppressor. If I am 100 yards away concealed, how many children can I shoot before they even realize what is happening? Dozens? Which way would they run not knowing where the shots are coming from? 

This has already happened in 1998 in what was the second deadliest school shooting in US history before Columbine a year later. In Arkansas and 11--year-olds and a 13-year-old child took some weapons and waited for a fire drill at school. They were small and not nearly prepared but they shot 15 people and I believe five of them died. Because they were too young to be sentenced as adults, they stayed in prison until they were 21 and released. I believe one is alive today and one was killed in a car crash about 15 years ago. Of course they did not have suppressed weapons and we’re not shooting into a crowd of kids at a bus stop.

I could go further, a lot further but do you get the point?

And to be sure I am not against safety measures. You might as well make it at least tough and have someone put some thought process into it rather than on a whim, walking into a school and start shooting. You cannot stop a dedicated attacker however.

How much money and circumstances are you willing to spend to save that single life? We could pass a federal law requiring governors on all vehicles to restrict speed to 45 miles an hour and we would reduce highway deaths by about 30,000 people a year. How much money should we spend annually to save 30,000 people?

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

The end goal of the Democrats is…wait for it….

to·tal·i·tar·i·an·ism

/tōˌtaləˈterēəˌnizəm/

Learn to pronounce

noun

a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.

Just for my knowledge. Can you tell me your opinion on what's the end goal for Republicans? 

I don’t understand the bickering. Yes the left will use this, just as much as the right would have if this was a undocumented immigrant.

We are not politicians we don’t get paid to push idiocy. So why do we do it?

Like TVC said if someone really wants to pull this off they will gun or no gun armed teachers or not.

forget political favoritism.

These are kids we are talking about. And Our elected officials will shout out agenda driven talking points. We deserve better as a nation. 

57 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Just for my knowledge. Can you tell me your opinion on what's the end goal for Republicans? 

If we’re talking about a True conservative Republican. I would say to honor their oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States an not chop away at the 1st and 2nd Amendment. 

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

Just for my knowledge. What happens to this country if we lose full protection of the 1st and 2nd amendment of the Constitution of the United States?