2022 team previews?

wbfan

On 6/17/2022 at 10:42 PM, raideroldtimer said:

That's a good looking helmet but the gaps I see on the stickers, those are going to get town off. I suggest a heat gun to melt the completely to the helmet.

I was thinking the exact same thing the first time I seen them, especially on the swords. Vidor always tears the decals off their helmets  when they lay the smack down on the raiders, regardless of the decal type👀

On 6/19/2022 at 9:39 AM, GoPro said:

Nederland has had 6-7 returning starters flat out quit or transfer to another school in the last two months, they are in trouble, makes you wonder what’s going on at the dog pound 🤔

I love the transfer portal. 😁

On 6/20/2022 at 1:22 PM, Majestyk said:
On 6/20/2022 at 1:22 PM, Majestyk said:

I think a lot of folk, including me who took the previews for granted thru the years are about to realize how much work these guys put in. Anyhow as far West Orange-Stark goes according to some dude honeydew melon or some such it's over, all the good coaches are gone and it doesn't look good. This new coach although he's not started yet must not be any good. I will have to use my natural football savvy to navigate thru this for now.

thats "Mr." honeydew melon. Get it straight Charlie ! Or should we use your real name Dennis Buchinsky

On 6/19/2022 at 9:39 AM, GoPro said:

Nederland has had 6-7 returning starters flat out quit or transfer to another school in the last two months, they are in trouble, makes you wonder what’s going on at the dog pound 🤔

Hate the quitting, but I’m amazed at the potential number of transfers.  Sell their homes and move?  There’s a lot involved to transfer, if you do it legally via UIL rules.  It can be a big financial expenditure.  I know a kid who transferred to Ltown for his senior year.  His parents had to get him an apartment in Ltown so he’d have an Ltown address to meet UIL requirements.  Maybe some just bypass these guidelines?

4 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

He was always proud of that name and would let you know it real quick. What got me was how if someone picked fun at him he always kept his cool, which is good I guess. I wish you would expedite your team previews Melon, I would like to start getting my bets lined up for the openers

2 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

He was always proud of that name and would let you know it real quick. What got me was how if someone picked fun at him he always kept his cool, which is good I guess. I wish you would expedite your team previews Melon, I would like to start getting my bets lined up for the openers

Yeah, Melon Head likes to talk…. Lol. 

3 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

@KF89 you heard about any of the transfers or kids quit 6-7 starters. 

I got info Monday 6\20 3 starters, 1 LB, 1 CB, 1 WR possibly not playing football at Nederland, to focus on other sports their senior year. 

3 hours ago, Majestyk said:

For Charlie , It wasn't easy being a claustrophobic coal miner.

If you want a safe bet go with a  quinella boxed. Jasper/Silsbee or Silsbee/Jasper. Trust me on this one

3 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

For Charlie , It wasn't easy being a claustrophobic coal miner.

If you want a safe bet go with a  quinella boxed. Jasper/Silsbee or Silsbee/Jasper. Trust me on this one

That very well could happen.  I still gotta go WO-S until they show me different. Either way that's going to be a heck of a race.

35 minutes ago, GoPro said:

2 starters went to PA , 1 CB & 1 OL 

Possibly true, I can’t confirm until enrollment is finalized in August. I do not think the OLineman was a starter last year. But if so I am sure those players are thinking they are doing what is best for them. Nothing wrong with that. Might be best for Nederland Program also, if you don’t have all players 100% committed to your philosophy & believing in your program you won’t be very successful 

3 minutes ago, Justafan72 said:

Have all these transfers deemed eligible by the UIL ? Sounds like a purely sports related reason for these transfers.

Like I said it’s all rumors until school starts in August. No school wants to take the chance with transfers before UIL approves & all paper work is triple checked that it meets UIL standards. That means don’t let a new secretary handle it😎

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

Possibly true, I can’t confirm until enrollment is finalized in August. I do not think the OLineman was a starter last year. But if so I am sure those players are thinking they are doing what is best for them. Nothing wrong with that. Might be best for Nederland Program also, if you don’t have all players 100% committed to your philosophy & believing in your program you won’t be very successful 

The question is not only is it legal, the other question is why they are leaving!